Terran Invasion Strategy

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gosnell
x4

Terran Invasion Strategy

Post by Gosnell » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 19:14

Im trying to develope a strategy for invading and ultimately supressing the Terran sectors,vanilla no scripts and before any one links it i saw spaceweedaddicts story.
I curently have 27 Titans,34 Boreas,48 Collossus(full of Novas and Mambas,roughly 2400 in total)took an age to equip,182 m6 various types,11 Oddys,15 Zeus,28 Tigers,2 Panthers,40 m8s,29 M7M full with marines (varing levels),6 Pheonix,26 Shrikes,2 Raptors,300 TS SF full of ammo and 29 Mammoths full of equipment.
Also 50 tms with kestrals containing jump drives.
In 1 month i will have my pc back(i just moved country) then it will be game on,basically how would you recomend i attack earth.
I am thinking securing all eastern sectors and blockading the gates as i proceed leaving a task force of say 2 boreas plus 1 m1 to deal with respawns but i really want to attack the torus i know its invincible but i just have too. :twisted:
how will i get my fleet in quick.

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 19:16

I'd say you have more than enough ships to take over the Terran sectors, but maybe you'll want to save before you attack the Earth Torus.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 19:17

pretty sure any ships not piloted by you will be instakilled by the hand of god if they enter earth. not even an epic fight to write about.

Gosnell
x4

Post by Gosnell » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 19:19

What,you mean they just get blown up straight away,once again egosoft screw the player,i mean come on invincibility ok just give me a glorious battle,some seriously idiotic design choices.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 20:01

GOSNELL wrote:What,you mean they just get blown up straight away,once again egosoft screw the player,i mean come on invincibility ok just give me a glorious battle,some seriously idiotic design choices.
Is it inta-kill IS?

If not, and you have Earth access, you could start your campaign there.

Jump into Earth, alone.

Call in your fleet.

Declare War.

Don't know if this will change anything or not but it sounds messy. 8)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 20:07

The only thing it will change is the longevity of his invasion attempt. It will end right there in Earth orbit. While not insta-kill IS, those lasertowers will make short work of pretty much anything that defies them. And most likely they will start, and end, with the player's ship. :P :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”