[TC] panther and spaceflies, or split ships in gen?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mangar
xr

panther and spaceflies, or split ships in gen?

Post by mangar » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 02:01

I have tried this many times. It only happens when I sit still in my panther and hit J.

My ship starts bumping around like it is getting shot at by fire knocking me out of SETA.

Space flies love my Panther in almost any sector, does not matter if sitting in Avarice killing time, space flies find me.

I could not even stay in SETA mode for more than 4 mintues of SETA.

---------started to notice it with my cobra in UFJD's----

are all split ships magnets for space flies?

I had to sit in my vidar to have seta run with out getting hit by space flies.
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 08:43

Lucky you. I have yet to see a spacefly in TC.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

mordtech
x3tc

Post by mordtech » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 14:52

i had that on and off.. but as soon as i bought a spacefly collector i've not seen any.. :roll: you wouldn't happen to have one of those installed in the ship would you?
split alive!

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 23:30

Avarice, and all Unknown Sectors with asteroids in general, are infested with the things. All of the developed sectors are fine to me though.

I sometimes take my Enhanced Mako out on hunting trips to UFJD space; at 270m/s it's well capable of chasing the buggers down, though I find it's discoid shape a little hindering toward the effort of collecting them. Their problem is "being the size of a small bird" where 'small' in X is generally 50m across, so even in the bleak blackness of a sunless UFJD sector they're still not easy to see. I usually hear them first, but the sound is rarely loud enough to hear over the background music.

Palladin888
x3tc

Post by Palladin888 » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 01:13

Space flies make sounds?......what do they sound like. Its space how is this sound supposed to propagate?
X3TC Vanilla with bonus pack
Start: Terran Defender
Terran plot complete
Goner plot complete
New Home plot at 50,000,000 credits step
Operation Final Furry on last step.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 01:40

Palladin888 wrote:Space flies make sounds?......what do they sound like. ...
SPLAAAT! :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 04:21

sound is like how Nanook siad splattt or squshhhhh!!!

No I don't have a collector installed, which made me think, say if you had a panther with no collector but another ship near by with collect spay flies, maybe your ship could help attract them while the other collects them.

But it is most likely random any way, I see them none stop in avarice in a panther sitting still in seta, no collector.
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 09:24

You could put a collector on your Panther, and transfer them into a docked ship so that the police can't find them in their scans.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Fri, 30. Jul 10, 10:07

Palladin888 wrote:Space flies make sounds?......what do they sound like. Its space how is this sound supposed to propagate?
They make this weird flitting sound like some sort of fly as they are. You can only hear it if they're very close to the camera so it's unlikely you will unless in a fighter.
Then also the splat sound Nanook pointed out, if you crash into them or they into you.

Oftentimes though neither sound is particularly audible over the background music (unless you've turned it down or off, of course).

OmegaKnight
x3tc

Post by OmegaKnight » Fri, 30. Jul 10, 21:53

I've seen many Space flies in TC, usually in low traffic sectors with asteroids.

The Space flies are mocking you and your Split ship :lol:, since the Split can't hunt Space flies in their own ships any more.
No Split ship in X3TC has Ion D's as main (cockpit) guns, unlike the Iguana in X2 and a quite a few in X3R. And using turrets to hunt and having to switch to and fro isn't the same.
It's why I keep a Blastclaw aboard my Panther :twisted:.

Yeah, Space flies make a buzzing noise when flying and a splat sound when you hit them as has been mentioned, but normally you don't hear it in bigger ships as the camera is too far away from them, especially true in external (chase cam) flying a Panther. But if your in the cockpit you also get screen shake, like you've been shot, as the OP mentioned.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”