The Teladi must Die

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bbenham
x3

The Teladi must Die

Post by bbenham » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 23:24

I spent the past 2 weeks building up a nice base of operations, ships etc.. in Argon space with the intent to completely wipe out the Teladi. So I finally get all ready and set, jump in a fleet into Teladi space, set them as "foe" and guess what..

As soon as I started shooting, the ARgons started slowly turning red back home.. Tried it several times, each time with the same result.

So here's my question. Why would the Argons care about the Teladi?

I know some races are natural enemies and I could switch gears, but I really want to understand why the argons would care about Teladi.

Thanks guys..

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 23:41

How indiscriminate is your firepower? IE is it possible you're hitting Argon traders in Teladi space, which upsets the Argons of course.

Or maybe everyone likes the Teladi :?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 23:44

Or maybe your game is modded with one of those fine mods that makes the races more 'interesting'? :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Derkylos
x3tc

Post by Derkylos » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 23:47

Did you set Teladi to "foe" in the global settings? If so, all your patrol ships will now be blowing up any wandering Teladi traders, which makes the Argon defence forces a mite uppity...
Sum, ergo cogito.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 23:48

Could it be that you have ships attacking the Teladi in Argon space? Teladi are everyone's friends, even the pirates.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

bbenham
x3

Post by bbenham » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 00:02

Derkylos wrote:Did you set Teladi to "foe" in the global settings? If so, all your patrol ships will now be blowing up any wandering Teladi traders, which makes the Argon defence forces a mite uppity...
Yes, I set them as Foe, and my forces are definitely attacking Teladi in Argon Space. I guess that's not something they will allow huh...

Which basically means i have 2 choices:
1. Kill Paranid instead of Teladi (because Argon hate Paranid)
2. Keep Teladi set as Friend, but just go in and trash their Sectors.

The later seems to be difficult, because if I leave them as a friend, and start shooting the teladi sectors up, the next thing I see is that they start appearing red ALL over, and I'm back to square once since my argon forces will shoot them when they turn red. Whenever it does this, I re-broadcast my friend/foe settings to all sectors and it fixes it for a brief period... until I start shooting a lot again.. So it's sort of fail mechanics.

Sound about right?

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 00:32

or set the individual ships you'll be using in Teladi space to Teladi:Foe
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

tomoyoafter

Post by tomoyoafter » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 00:35

bbenham wrote:
Derkylos wrote:Did you set Teladi to "foe" in the global settings? If so, all your patrol ships will now be blowing up any wandering Teladi traders, which makes the Argon defence forces a mite uppity...
Yes, I set them as Foe, and my forces are definitely attacking Teladi in Argon Space. I guess that's not something they will allow huh...

Which basically means i have 2 choices:
1. Kill Paranid instead of Teladi (because Argon hate Paranid)
2. Keep Teladi set as Friend, but just go in and trash their Sectors.

The later seems to be difficult, because if I leave them as a friend, and start shooting the teladi sectors up, the next thing I see is that they start appearing red ALL over, and I'm back to square once since my argon forces will shoot them when they turn red. Whenever it does this, I re-broadcast my friend/foe settings to all sectors and it fixes it for a brief period... until I start shooting a lot again.. So it's sort of fail mechanics.

Sound about right?
why don't you just ethnic cleansed all the argons?

Derkylos
x3tc

Post by Derkylos » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 04:14

Depending on where your primary stations are, there are a few ways around the problem.

Simplest is to build in heavily patrolled space, and scrap the defence forces (or appropriate them for the belligerent campaign).

If that isn't an option (you've already built in lonely, pirate-infested borderworlds), one of the more fiddly options is to go through each defence fleet vessel and manually edit it's IFF to view Teladi as neutral. Combine this with careful management of patrol paths and orders, and you can pretty much negate the problem entirely.
Sum, ergo cogito.

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 15:02

Attacking the teladi is a good way to get the entire universe angry.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll eat yours.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 17:43

Cith wrote:Attacking the teladi is a good way to get the entire universe angry.
Plus the teladi are the only ones that can sell you:

FAA forge (Most important cap ship weapon imo)

EBC forge and Ammo forge

GC forge and ammo forge

Typhoon missile forge (Very popular to me in my games)

So make sure you have your production of these up to your satisfaction before making them hostile to you.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 18:19

Wiping out Paranid seems to be a better choice. You will have some challenges getting a traktor beam this way but might get lucky and get some by blowing the respective stations. Split will be unhappy if you shot paranids in their space but this is it. Argons will be happy and I think Telladi and Boron won't care. Another benefit of shooting Paranids is that their rank is not required for any of the plots as far as I know.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 06:54

Yeah, be sure to get a tractor beam from them, or maybe even a TB factory if you worry about losing them.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

KorJax
x3tc

Post by KorJax » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 09:10

I wonder if anyone's sucessfully wiped out all the races?

At least as much as you physically can in the game. It's my understanding that GoD will artifically implant stuff that get's destroyed in order to keep the econ from total crash in the event of a war

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 09:48

I guess it is possible from what I have read in recent Egosoft news letters and other posts.

But I would think that even with the Sector Takeover Mod, You will ALWAYS have respawns,So I do not think it would be permanent.

Once again ,I may be proved wrong.

However,this thread has my interest,because vengeance on the Teladi is the main purpose of my story threads in the creative forum.

Part two on hold for now,whilst Norman recuperates,and his construction engineers get on with Universal Trade Building.

bbenham
x3

Post by bbenham » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 19:31

Well, so far, here's where it stands.
If I openly set Teladi as Foe, my lasertowers and various patrol ships invariably shoot teladi in ARgon space, which immediately ticks off the ARgon and things get bad from there. If I bring in a fleet into a Teladi Sector, and ONLY set that fleet as Foe to Teladi, the same thing ultimately happens; It takes a bit more time, but eventually the Teladi shoot something of mine in Argon space and things get ugly from there.

As far as I can see, there is no way to 'live' in Argon space, and successfully attack Teladi Sectors.

Personally, I think this is a rather big failing in the Game. I can see how the ARgon would not like Piracy in their sectors, but if you legitimately go to war with another race, it's not really piracy. There seems to be no game mechanic to allow for this unless you just happen to use the races that naturally hate each other (which precludes the Teladi).

Sigh.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 19:55

Keep an eye on your ships in Argon space. reset their f/f settings when needed.Do plenty of missions for the Argon.This latter bit is probably essential.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 20:26

bbenham wrote:...There seems to be no game mechanic to allow for this unless you just happen to use the races that naturally hate each other (which precludes the Teladi)....
This is mainly because the game is not designed as a conquer the universe game. It's designed as a financial empire builder with the player acquiring assets toward that end. You're a private, albeit very powerful, citizen. You can't simply start attacking a faction that's friendly with the government where you live.

If you want to live in Argon space, you're free to 'go to war' with the Paranid, their archenemies. But not any of the other Commonwealth races. If you really want to go after the Teladi, you'll need to move as much of your assets as possible to a neutral location. That's life in the X-Universe.
Last edited by Nanook on Wed, 28. Jul 10, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 20:38

If Richard Branson decided one day to blow up France then he probably wouldn't be very welcome in the UK again.

The X universe works with similar (although drastically more arbitrary) fundamentals.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 21:22

cj-spartacus wrote:If Richard Branson decided one day to blow up France then he probably wouldn't be very welcome in the UK again.
Before these so called civilized times,England and France were often at war. In this case time travel could be an asset for RB. :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”