Passengers won't board an autopiloted TP?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zul808
x3tc

Passengers won't board an autopiloted TP?

Post by zul808 » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 20:49

I've bought a TP with the intention of using it to do the passenger transport missions I come across in my wanderings. I wanted to be able to just direct the flight from my fighter while I go about my business, but it seems like the NPCs won't board the docked TP unless I am sitting in the cockpit.

Is there any way to get them to board a TP I own if I'm not flying it? Can I get out after they board and send it on its way with the autopilot flying? Do I need to hire a pilot for it (i.e. Trade Command Mk. 3)?

Thanks in advance!

zoleeboy
x3tc

Post by zoleeboy » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 20:58

Nay you have to pick up and deliver them personally.

Edit: wasn´t sure about mid-flight
Last edited by zoleeboy on Fri, 23. Jul 10, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
SAS - Proud Protector of Split

Honoured Strong Arm of Family Thi

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 21:02

I think you only actually need to be there personally for passenger pick up, and freight pickup/delivery. Passengers should be able to disembark on their own IIRC.

zul808
x3tc

Post by zul808 » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 21:07

Shucks, that's too bad about the passengers. I'll try loading them myself then sending the ship off on its own.

It's too bad about the freight, too... I was planning for my next purchase to be a freighter so I could do delivery missions automagically. I guess I can still have the freighter go buy the wares and meet me at the station.

My dreams of running a galactic temp agency are fading fast... I don't suppose autopiloted ships can do other missions like asteroid scans?

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 21:19

Explorer command software allows the asteroids to be scanned and I don't believe the computer makes any distinction on how the asteroid is scanned. I'm sure I've used cartographers and bought asteroid data when I had many asteroids to scan in a big sector with little time.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 21:40

Correct.
I tend to use them as traders until I need them for such missions.
They may be under-rated ships,but I do not see much use for them in my games.

Similar to TMs in that regard.
TMs ,for me, don't get used for much else than trading .( fighter transports sometimes.)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 00:22

zul808 wrote:Shucks, that's too bad about the passengers. I'll try loading them myself then sending the ship off on its own....
I'm pretty sure most missions will not complete unless you're piloting the ship when it docks at its destination, or at the very least, transfer to that ship after it docks. I know this is true for all cargo delivery missions, and I think it's true for passenger missions, too. There may be exceptions, though.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

quoick
x3tc

Post by quoick » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 00:27

Nanook wrote:
zul808 wrote:Shucks, that's too bad about the passengers. I'll try loading them myself then sending the ship off on its own....
I'm pretty sure most missions will not complete unless you're piloting the ship when it docks at its destination, or at the very least, transfer to that ship after it docks. I know this is true for all cargo delivery missions, and I think it's true for passenger missions, too. There may be exceptions, though.
Actually, you don't need to be in the ship at the destination for the transport personnel passenger missions only at the pickup. I found this out when I sent my TP to a mission destination with the intention of jumping into it before mission end whilst I did another quick mission and it completed fine without me. This doesn't work for freight missions but you can be absent from return ship and purchase ship missions.

I'm pretty sure you have to be with the ship for completion of taxi missions.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 22:28

but you can be absent from return ship and purchase ship missions.
Sorry, I guess I should've been more clear. I was referring to passenger and cargo missions only. Obviously, you can't be in the cockpit of "return ship and purchase ship" mission types or else they won't complete.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”