How do i max existing ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

falcont
x3tc

How do i max existing ships

Post by falcont » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 22:12

Hi all
I have just started X3_TC and i am trying to max out an existing ship by copying and pasting an existing ship.
I have done it useing the X3 Editor but although the ship is useable, the discription just points to the number where i put it and there is no name for the ship, exept ( pirate M3 SS_SH_001 ) which is what I enterd,
I have done the text :Raven Mk 1: useing 3863 and done the discription useing 3864 but all i get is ( read text 3864 ). Yes I know I should have used X3 Editor 2, but I hadn't found it then. So now I am going to try the TC Editor but thought I had better check out if i am doing it right first.
Do I do all the work from the Cat data 8 File
If not then that could be where I am Going wrong
Could somebody point me in the right direction with a few tips
or a tuts,
I have looked but as yet found nothing exept broken links Please help
Falcont

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 03:58

The reason you have recieved no replies is because it is unclear what you are trying to achieve.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 13:07

What do you mean by "max out an existing ship" ?

What file did you put the text additions into ? And where did you get it ?

Cat data 8 ? You mean the 08 cat/dat files ?

If yes, then your using the wrong files. tships was updated in 2.7, so you need to get it out of 11. Once out of 11, you need to use modmanager to make a mod. You dont modify the file and put it back in 11.

You should be creating your own text file, using a unique text file number after viewing the documentation to find one not being used. Then you create a blank file and add in only the text additions. You do NOT copy 0001 and add into that. Once you have a text file, you need a setup.text script that has a load text command in it using your text file number.

If you dont have a load text command executed at game startup, you will see a readtext error when you try to find the ship. If the text file you put it into gets overwritten by a newer file, you also get that error.

To get the name of the ship to show up in X3 Editor, you need to install the mod into the game, load the game, start it, then end it, then restart the X3editor, which will then pick up the new text files additions.

falcont
x3tc

Post by falcont » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 16:33

Hi thanks for the input. This is what I used to do in X3 The threat...
and it worked fine with no problems. Now back to X3TC

First opend cat data 8 wich is the last one with the tships file in it. then
opend t_ships and did a copy and past of the existing argon nova.
Then I changed the ID and the ownership of the new nova,
Then go into the T file then into 0001-l044, then scroll down to 17 right click and enter chosen number and new name for ship,
Then right click again and enter discription and save.
Then in X3 I would change the total no of ships in the Tships Folder but Havent been able to find how to get there yet

The hole point of this is to max the nova up a little without changing the rest of the Novas in the game as that would be pointless
You see I have a few problems with my nervous system and my shooting
% is only about 15 % so I just whant to tweek things up a little to give me a fighting chance I have allready done this X3TC and it works fine ingame but like one of the other posts said no names show up only IDs ---------Falcont Thanks again

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 19:28

If what you are trying to do is to make the ships speed and rudder higher than normal. Then you could just use Cycrows cheat package, it has commands that will allow you to add engine tunings and rudder tunings that will in effect overtune the ship your are flying with out overtuning all of the other ships of the same type.

It will not add extra cargo space however, nor extra shield or weapon slots.

Just a thought, but a lot easier than messing with the Tships and text files.
And, if you decide on changing ships, you can do the new ship the same way.
Yes it will mark the game as modified, but so will messing with the T files.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Zypherg
x4

Post by Zypherg » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 20:49

moding the vanilla files is always a bad idea.
i think the problem lies in the file your editing, the 08.cat might the the last one with the Tships but it's not the last with t file changes 12.cat has the latest one (so it gets used instead)
you should make a mod for it or a fake patch, copy all the files you change into a new cat/dat set. make sure you use all the latest files (check all the cats and just use the ones you need to mod) so you don't break something ego changed after the 08.cat set

Every thing you always wanted to know about modding but where afraid to ask links should all work
Split say:"you fly with too little speed, or too much weed"

falcont
x3tc

Post by falcont » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 22:59

Thank you everyone for your input to my request Have taken all on board
Falcont

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 03:05

When you copy and add a new ship in X3Editor, it automatically adds 1 to the slot count. You only need to worry about this in notepad or wordpad or an xml editor.

12 didnt change ships at all, so the last tships is currently in 11.

Modding hasnt changed from X3 to TC, nor has good modding procedure.

We do not use 0001, becuase it gets changed in every patch, which would mean re-adding your mod changes to a new version every patch. Having your own text file gets around this and saves work.

I'd suggest you tweak speed, rudder, the 3 menuevering specs, laser energy and general energy. That gives you a better ship to fly and more energy to use on wasted shots so you dont run out. I'd also suggest upping the shields to something higher so you can take more punishment while your bad shooting keeps missing. Thats what I did anyway ! :D

If you dont want to make a mod, do this ......

create a 'types' folder under the main terran conflict folder, and put the modified tships file in there.

create a 't' folder under the main terran conflict folder, and put your new text file in there.

Both of those will overwrite ALL patches and mods, so remember you put them there in future.

If you need a script for the load text command, look in one of my mods, for setup and text in the name, and use that, changing my text file number to yours.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”