My Hyperion Vanguard is a wimp; it always emergency jumps!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Silyar
x3tc

My Hyperion Vanguard is a wimp; it always emergency jumps!

Post by Silyar » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 06:11

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me... whenever my hyperion vanguard under AI control takes shield damage, it always does an emergency jump, just like the universal traders do. Emergency jump was turned off and treshhold set to 0%, but he still jumps. I thought it was the trader pilot at first, so I transferred the pilot to a new ship and got rid of the trade software mk 3. He still jumps immediately after taking shield damage.

I've seen the hyperion not jump when I'm in sector fighting with him and he's taking shield damage. Other times, he jumps anyway. If I remove the jumpdrive, he docks at the nearest station. I can't figure this behavior out to stop it. Anyone help?

Playing vanilla TC through steam with recent updates. None of my other ships have this behavior.

YellowSnow
x3

Post by YellowSnow » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 06:16

Sounds like you got lucky....I cant get any of my ships to emergency jump. I believe there is a problem with that particular system.

Silyar
x3tc

Post by Silyar » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 06:21

Haha yeah... all my traders so far have had no problem with emergency jump. My capital ships won't emergency jump (except this silly hyperion), but I'm ok with that since I don't mind micromanaging. It's just... I'd like to use the Hyperion as a combat ship, and I can't do so if it behaves this way.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 06:30

Wow that works.My ships are to stupid to do that.I lost fleets counting on that system .

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 20:11

It's got an NPC script running that won't quit properly. Try this. Give the ship the None command from its command menu. Leave the sector the ship is in, save the game, quit, reload, give the ship some other command, save, quit and reload again. See if that sequence clears the emergency jump script.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Silyar
x3tc

Post by Silyar » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 04:12

Unfortunately, what you suggested did not work. It still jumps away.

EDIT: ok so my problem is moot. I sold the bugged ship and capped another. The new one is working fine. Thanks anyway!

YellowSnow
x3

Post by YellowSnow » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 06:25

Now that I think about it...

What if I installed CLS, hired a pilot for all of my capitol ships, then set the emergency jump settings. Would it work then?

If someone can test my theory out for me while I at would I would really appreciate it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”