Sector for Drone Complex (X3TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vindi89
x3tc

Sector for Drone Complex (X3TC)

Post by Vindi89 » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 19:04

I would like to setup a Drone and Advanced Satellite Complex. I would like for this complex to also sell wares to passing merchants. I'm looking for ideas for best placement for such complex. I would prefer if I could make this a closed loop complex and hence I would need access to Silicon Mines.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 19:12

What kinf of Drones are you going to make, Drones MK I sell not bad, anything else doesn't, apart from the meager 10 / 20 drones you can sell at Atreus Corp HQ.
Also do you have any ennemy race ? CW races and Terran.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Vindi89
x3tc

Post by Vindi89 » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 19:15

No enemy races, cept the pirates of course. All max rep with friendly races (if that matters). I was planning on making Advanced Satellites, Fighter Drones MK. II and Frieght Drones.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 19:29

An area not far from Black Hole sun might no be bad, since there is a good demand in Adv. Satelites there (at least in my game) with the Military Outpost and Research Station, I think Drones MK I sell well directly at the complex (unless the market is already full) but MK II will not sell at all.

For the complex position you can either do it in a remote US and link it with the HUB to get customers, or build it not far from your main buyers by either finding the roids, or doing mobile mining.

Vindi89
x3tc

Post by Vindi89 » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 14:58

Just to follow up,

I went ahead and built that complex in an Unknown Sector 2 sectors down from Unholy Descent. I figured I would need to sell my ware with transports or connect the HUB to it before I got any sales, but I couldn't be more wrong.

The sector is buzzing with high tech traders and it seems the advanced satellites and freight drones are high in demand. I also enabled intermediate product selling since i made sure the factory would produce extra and I'm making a nice profit there as well.

Fighter Drones MK I & MK II aren't selling however, I guess I'll use my transports to do a best sell on them.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 16:18

At my knowledge there is only 1 point in the universe drones MK II can sell, and that is Atreus corp.

Gswine
x3ap

Post by Gswine » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 16:54

You could use Antigone Memorial for a modest drone complex. This would leave better sectors for large silicon production and still keep your complex well out of the way of any attackers.

As well as adv sats I'd add nav sats to the complex and you'll not have to worry about selling mk2 drones. Sats sell to NPC traffic and Nav sats sell at full price!
She was right. Selection B4, His most recent hit, 'Nowhere Nuthin' ****-up,' a sentimental number.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”