[SCRIPT] Anarkis Crystal Free SPP - v1.02 - [2010-08-02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tianlongprc
x3tc

Post by tianlongprc » Thu, 16. Jun 11, 16:07

this mod works great. I followed the instructions and it worked fine with complex cleaner

mim525
x3tc

Post by mim525 » Sat, 10. Dec 11, 21:29

Whenever i want to upgrade the solar power plant i cant because i cant seem to select it?

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Sat, 10. Dec 11, 22:03

Thanks for the mod Serial Kicked.

P.S. @mim525 it worked well for me, did you have the necessary credits to upgrade?

mim525
x3tc

Post by mim525 » Sun, 11. Dec 11, 11:38

Oh you can only do it on individual factroys not a complex :oops:

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sun, 11. Dec 11, 22:40

Great script, been using for a while. At first I though this was a cheat script. Then built a complex w/o it.

In the end, the cost of the upgrade on the station is as much as a closed loop Crystal complex. So it's just a "packaging" script.

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 03:22

Is this script not compatible with AP? I can't seem to get it to work. I have the script editor enabled, the files are in the right place... i save/loaded and even tried to reinit the script cache (though i don't think it did anything)

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 03:35

How about a script that forces the NPC stations to use crystal, so they don't produce e-cells without crystal just like player-owned SPPs. I would consider installing a script that does something like that.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 08:29

Making a script that causes the NPC's SPP to require crystals would break the game's economy, as there are not enough crystal plants to go around.
The SPP would become empty, causing a shortage down the processing line and all factories in the game would stall and stop.

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 09:01

and my question gets skipped... is this broken for AP or am I an idiot?

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 19:26

Does this script lower the energy cell output of the station after it has been made crystal free?
As a complex doing the same thing will use a large percentage of the energy cells to run its connected facts.

If not i'de love to see another version that does this!

RefocusedLight
x4

Post by RefocusedLight » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 11:58

Axeface wrote:Does this script lower the energy cell output of the station after it has been made crystal free?
As a complex doing the same thing will use a large percentage of the energy cells to run its connected facts.

If not i'de love to see another version that does this!
Imo 50M credits is more than enough to build support CF L's and food for 1.5 SPP not just one. It doesn't cheat money-wise. There is an aspect where it fiddles with the mechanics - but that's the available amount of silicone in the sector not the cost of it. Namely nothing prevents you from having CF SPP acting as a closed energy loop in Akeela's Beacon. Furthermore the costs won't increase in a quadrary system of 400% sun and i'd have impossible amounts of free energy. But as a rule i don't build in any other space than Teladi and would not want to build a complex where i have to import ore and silicone for the weapons - so for me not much difference. So for the purposes of 1:1 simulation what has to be added making it run on raw silicone rather than nothing. Or a check for, and removal of, silicone asteroids in the system. I've no idea how much more complicated it would make a script made to lower system reqs and simplify things.

Posting because decided to simplify things in my new game.
Can't create imaginary friends, only enemies
/Dresden Codak/

admiral6436
x3tc

Post by admiral6436 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 09:24

This does WORK in AP.

Make sure you actually put it in the AP script folder. That folder in question is within the addons folder of the installation folder
e7200
ECS Pvt something
EVGA 8800gt pci-e
4GB ddr2 667
250gb dual boot WinXP/Suse linux sata150 7200rpm
1680x1050 sceptre naga monitor

MrReddiculous
x3tc

Post by MrReddiculous » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 16:44

While i installed this script it all seemed to work fine until suddenly my production of e-cells dropped instantly. After some fiddling around i found out that when you shut down your facility and then restart it again you have an amazing production of 10 e-cells for SPP L, 20 for SPP XL (so i'm guessing that it's 5 e-cells for M but i'm not sure).

Does somebody have a clue why this happens and/or how to fix this? It's not that bad now that i know how i triggered this insanely low production but it's pretty annoying nonetheless.

I have a theory that when the SPP is restarted it restarts as a regular SPP without any crystals, but i'm not sure if Vanilla SPP's work slower with crystals or not. Regardless of this it would be cool if this could be fixed!

thnx in advance :)

dragonlord23
x3tc

Post by dragonlord23 » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 21:33

MrReddiculous wrote:While i installed this script it all seemed to work fine until suddenly my production of e-cells dropped instantly. After some fiddling around i found out that when you shut down your facility and then restart it again you have an amazing production of 10 e-cells for SPP L, 20 for SPP XL (so i'm guessing that it's 5 e-cells for M but i'm not sure).

Does somebody have a clue why this happens and/or how to fix this? It's not that bad now that i know how i triggered this insanely low production but it's pretty annoying nonetheless.

I have a theory that when the SPP is restarted it restarts as a regular SPP without any crystals, but i'm not sure if Vanilla SPP's work slower with crystals or not. Regardless of this it would be cool if this could be fixed!

thnx in advance :)

This happened to me as well, but only when I used the cheat script to create a SPP in sector, rather than picking it up at a shipyard. There was no obvious reason why it happened though. The only way to correct it was to destroy the SSP and get a new one. This can be painful if its in a huge complex. Always check those SSPs production is right before you connect them.

MrReddiculous
x3tc

Post by MrReddiculous » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 15:09

dragonlord23 wrote: This happened to me as well, but only when I used the cheat script to create a SPP in sector, rather than picking it up at a shipyard. There was no obvious reason why it happened though. The only way to correct it was to destroy the SSP and get a new one. This can be painful if its in a huge complex. Always check those SSPs production is right before you connect them.
Well the point is, I did buy them at a shipyard and I tested if it had something to do with connecting them to a complex but that did not happen to be the case. I tested this with shutting down the complex and shutting down the SPP itself, but both gave me the same results, while the SPP remained fully functional as part of a complex and standalone if i made sure not to shut it down (my new SPP is still running correctly)

Blaank
x3ap

Post by Blaank » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 00:58

I had that shutdown/restart production drop happen too. Really confused when my whole production line started to shut down. I don't know why it does it. This happened in TC, by the way. Would be great if we got a fix for it.

Blaank
x3ap

Post by Blaank » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 01:01

Are there any issues with NPC traders buying Ecells from the converted spps? Or personal ships not doing sector trader runs to that station?

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 19:43

My converted sp's work as intended and there have been no issues with npc traders whatsoever in any of my modded games, my own personal traders uses them as well when they are around and not too busy trading other stuff. E-cells are e-cells. I just set the price real low so its quite busy at my sp's.
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

Factor
x3tc

Post by Factor » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 23:36

Any chance for foodless Crystal fabs?
Or is there such script around already?

Kayjan_Soban
x3ap

Script Not Working?

Post by Kayjan_Soban » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 09:42

Hi there guys. Just recently downloaded and installed this script as per the read me file instructions but it doesn't seem to have worked. There's no additional command in the command console and i already have script editor enabled on most of my saves.

I also don't know if that#s because i'm running Albion Prelude, not Terran conflict, but i've copied the files into both X3 TC and the 'addon' folders.

I've tried the 'reint script caches' approach too and it doesn't seem to want to bite.

Do you guys have any suggestions or do you know if this script is still applicable to the latest version?
Straddling that line between Genius and Madness. Which side will I be on today?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”