[TC] Earth Torus fail...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Earth Torus fail...

Post by Panther_Clipper » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 22:06

Hey everyone :)

So ive completed the terran plot and now have to deliver the aldrin ppl to the torus, only problem I cant work out how to dock.

Ive read several posts but none seem to relate to my problem.

Ive tried flying upto the docking port and comming the torus for docking permission but everytime they say 'negative, you cannot undergo docking percedure at the moment'.

Also when I try to use the docking computer it says 'docking denied'.

Ive tried waiting for some time and trying again but no joy.

Im currently flying the Vidar and my race rank is Terran Marshall of Mars, oh and I did cap the #deca and lost some rep cos of that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 22:14

yes it is...

0% tho, but it always says that doesnt it?

I was wondering if u need a certain terran rank to dock there?

Neillmcm
x3tc

Post by Neillmcm » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 22:37

Did you check if there were docking ports available? I don't know how many ships can dock at the Torus but perhaps its full.

If not that perhaps it is a bug, I had something similar this time through in Aldrin on an ANH mission; I couldn't dock at the station either manually or with Auto dock or docking computor. I had similar messages and the dock was empty. Eventually I changed into a different ship and I docked straight away, I don't know what went wrong.

Try an earlier save, or see if you can move your passengers to a TP or something. Just make sure to do lots of saves.

Good Luck, N.

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 23:01

I have changed ships, gained a rank, waited a few game hours and it still wont let me dock :evil:

Seems like its bugged out.

Will go back to an earlier save and try again.

Thanks for all the help :)

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 23:25

hmmm, have tried reloading an earlier save, no joy.

There are 0 ships docked at the torus so its not full.

Seems like my game is bugged :(

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 23:54

do you have the people aboard your ship?

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 00:15

Yes, I have tried docking with many different ships, all with the aldrin ppl aboard.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 00:29

I've had a similar problem before. MANUALLY docking seems to be the only way to do it for me.

First you need to fly away from the Torus, nearer the Gate. When you're far enough away comm the Torus and request docking permission (they declined to give you permission earlier because you were too close to the docking bay). This will give you the landing lights. Unlike auto-pilot docking, manual docking also gives you green guide lights to follow. You will need to line yourself up with them pretty accurately and come in slowly. Once you are in the docking bay and below a given speed (I think it's 40m/s but I don't remember) your ship will "auto-dock" whether you have a Docking Computer or not.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 00:34

Ive tried comming the torus at 25 km away.

Ive actually made a post in the technical support forum now cos im convinced its bugged heres why:

-When I try to dock manually I get the message 'Negative, you cannot undergo docking procedure at the moment'.

-When I try to use the docking computer it just says 'docking denied'.

-I have noticed NPC ships such as high tech traders fly into the sector and then get confused and fly around in circles.

-There are 0 ships docked at the torus

-The torus itself has no stock at all.

-If I send a ship to dock with while I am OOS it flies upto the torus and stops there, when I fly into the sector it appears far away and it destoyed by the torus guns.

-I have reloaded old saves and played through to this point again and it make no difference.

Thx anyway if I resolve this issue ill let u know.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 00:46

Panther_Clipper wrote:-There are 0 ships docked at the torus
That doesn't mean there aren't any inbound ships. I'm not sure how many slots the torus has (although I would imagine it's infinite fighter slots, at least).

EDIT: A saved game might help provide an answer.

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 01:05

Thx carlo,

Here is my save:

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 01:32

Doesn't link to a file.

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 01:39

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 02:50

I suspect all the inbound ships scattered around the sector might be causing a bit of a problem...

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

You could try waiting a long, long time OOS to see if they eventually get into dock.

Magnu
xr

Post by Magnu » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 08:53

Ever the pessimist, I think this has all the symptoms of a common problem.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=#3299558

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 09:37

Thx for the help guys,

Im wondering if the reason there all scattered around the sector is cos they CANT dock, hmmm...

Ill let u know guys know if i manage to fix it.

btw did u use scripts to print that list and view the whole sector, if so where did u get em from I would like to look into this myself.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 17:30

from experiance, you need a docking computer, that was my only way to do it.

unmanned ships can fly and dock with out being shot, but when you are in a ship docking at the torus the auto pilot veers you off coarse and you get blow up.
** bad dev's docking range in auto pilot **

When in your ship, coming throught the gate stay straight, make the torus your target.
note as you get closer like >10 or >15km try hitting shift+d, you should just appear in the docking bay, IF NOT hit your x button and stay back on coarse so the auto pilot dont fly you off coarse trying to get you to the begin of the docking lights which are way out it restricted GUN range and you will be shot.

I have done this many times many ships and all have been blown up by that damn torus. you only need to dock at it like 2-3 times in the game and never have to see that sector again. (except unmanned ship, which dont have problems?? Go figure??)

Anyway I hope that helps you or anyone else.

:evil: You think they spent so much time on the torus and graphics, they could have at least made the auto docking to have ample room to swing around and line up in the docking lights to ACTUALLY dock without getting shot at :lol:
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 19:16

Thx for the advice m8 :)

I started a new game as USC commander (u start with earth access) and tried to dock just make sure i wasnt being a noob and had no problems at all docking manually or with docking computer etc.

My save is just bugged :evil:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 23:38

Panther_Clipper wrote:....
-The torus itself has no stock at all.....
When you say 'no stock', do you mean there are slots for wares but they're empty, or there are no slots? If the former, that's probably why all those traders are trying to land. If the latter, then your game has a problem and a reinstall may be the only solution. Try scanning some of those traders and see what they're carrying. I'm surprised there are so many weapons traders, since there are very few places that even have weapons for sale in Terran space.

Also, any mods or scripts installed?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”