Collecting Spaceflies??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chinookmike
x3tc

Collecting Spaceflies??

Post by chinookmike » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 19:00

I have put Spacefly collectors on some of my ships (assorted sizes), and would like to establish a business in Split territory selling flies.....

:? How do you collect space flies?? Are the collectors mere space jewellry, or do they actually work?

If anyone is having success, please send me instructions...

Thanks and fly safe.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 19:06

The spacefly collector is only useful on the player's ship. You stun spaceflies with an Ion Disruptor, then collect them like cargo before they wake up. The spacefly collector operates similar to an ore collector, in that you have to have one to be able to collect the spaceflies.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:05

Search has a number of useful threads.

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 21:36

Roll them in skins and smoke them :D

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 19:43

I still find it odd that not a single Split ship can equip an ID....

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 22:19

Threesixtyci wrote:I still find it odd that not a single Split ship can equip an ID....
I find the entire spacefly idea utterly disturbing. Flies in space (the size of birds, yes.. birds), communicating by music, being zapped by ion disruptors and scooped up, just to be stuffed into a split engine? See, this is probably why they say that drugs are bad for you...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll eat yours.

SLUGGO
x3tc

Post by SLUGGO » Thu, 5. Aug 10, 03:12

I think the idea of spaceflies is wonderfully creative, mysterious, and immersive. An X Universe "gotta have it" for me. :D

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Thu, 5. Aug 10, 06:13

I suppose there is a sufficiently huge amount we don't understand about the universe to suggest that there could be a form of life that lives in a vacuum and is somehow able to make sound travel through it as well.

Then again reality is the reason I immerse myself in a fantasy universe in the first place and it is not welcome to join me there.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Thu, 5. Aug 10, 07:15

Threesixtyci wrote:I still find it odd that not a single Split ship can equip an ID....
Hold your tongue!

Read the info about the Split transports, they bitch about using ion disruptors on one of them, only to then realise they can capture spaceflies.
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

chinookmike
x3tc

Post by chinookmike » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 05:43

thank you. I had no idea that the spaceflies had to be stunned to collect them... Appreciate the help ......

now, where did I put my ion disruptor... :oops:

Thanks, and fly safe...

Pyure
x3tc

Post by Pyure » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 22:54

Then again reality is the reason I immerse myself in a fantasy universe in the first place and it is not welcome to join me there.
Well said; I say something similar about the books I read.

I'd take up space-fly hunting except shooting Split gives me a larger sense of gratification. That and spaceflies don't have ships I can cap.

Having said that, good hunting in your endeavour chinookmike
What's a battle?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”