[TC] Completed HubPlot Pilots: Which Sectors/gates have you chosen to realign?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ThommoHawk
x4

Completed HubPlot Pilots: Which Sectors/gates have you chosen to realign?

Post by ThommoHawk » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 05:46

If there is already a good thread about this then please point me to it.

Edit: I am not interested in pilots who have only made the first set of gate placements - I only want people to post here who have completed the plot. Edit End.

I want to see what results people have achieved with the gate realignments. (I already know that the financial rewards generated by making a hub for this plot is huge). I am looking for comparisons and suggestions about the actual sector alignments ...

I have a good complex to supply the hub plot, which has turned into a monster cash cow,even without any traders working for it. So I have not been in a hurry to complete the plot, as I keep adding to my complex, rather than progressing the plot... which I stopped at the point where I had the 500 microchips ready for delivery...

but realised I had to make a choice of which two gates / already existing adjoining sectors to connect first, yet I had no real desire to do so - (it gives me a headache to think about it...). all suggestoins welcome.
Last edited by ThommoHawk on Wed, 4. Aug 10, 06:28, edited 4 times in total.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 05:50

Choose wisely... somewhere in the center of the Universe. :gruebel:

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 05:52

Thanks, but I'm asking for advice from pilots who have completed the plot, and have made their gate placements.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 05:59

First set, Montalaar > Unknown Sector (Avarice).

Venutian

Post by Venutian » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 07:57

For now I have it at

Avarice - Montalar
Terran Unknown 1 - Terran Unknown 2
Home of Light - Argon Prime

But I may change the Home of Light - Argon Prime one once I make the money for the New Home plot. Basically you want to put it where you plan to put your biggest complex.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Hub connections

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 08:35

I designed mine for max coverage of the TC universe.

Unknown - New Income (slightly better than Montalaar)
Home of Light - Ore Belt (JD and Transp source, and Ore and
resource connection)
Heaven's Assertion - Patriarch's Collusion (Paranid -
Split connection)

I rarely have to move them, and then it is usually to provide
a pirate hack to a red station.

Good Luck with yours.

A pilot gave a good suggestion a few months ago, which I only understood recently. After building three monster ore - chip complexes, it still took me forever for the Microchips. The suggestion: even with big complexes, build a number of smaller self sufficient complexes just to turn out Chips.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 09:21

I have a slightly more 'creative' setting:

1: Queen's Retribution - Sanctity of Corruption
2: Trinity Sanctum - Pontifex Realm
3: TUS 1 - TUS 2

The third realignment is due to the Aldrin 2-plot. Before I used set 3 between Legend's Home and Akeela's Beacon.

Advantages:
1. My HQ = my Hub is close to all important docks for Software Equipment.
2. HQ/Hub close enough to all major suppliers for ship-building-stuff (tech, mineral, weapons and the like)
3. Constant stream of Xenon forces trying to retake XS 101 from 627 (shortcut) :D [fyi: i am holding 347/472/101 in my game].
4. : Paranid trying to invade the Terran sectors; always great show when IS :mrgreen:

I have left the third alignment as it is because it has caused a major boom of (terran) economy in Aldrin, Aldrin 2, Neptune and the western terran sectors.

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 10:44

I was playin a terran role playin game (thats all changed now as im trying to get xtreme ranks) so when i got the gates i was like "i'm not letting that commonwealth trash near this device " :)

So:

Asteroid belt---->Heretics end
Neptune------>Terran unknown sector 2
New Home------->Unknown sector (which contains my terran complex)

In the end this actually totally revived the terran economy, too bad god had removed some of the ghoul missile fabs, although traders still carry them

Since then, I've been in demand of huge numbers of Mistral super freighters for increasing trade ranks, so now i use

Legend's Home------>Akeelas beacon (MSF'S)
Home of Light------>ore belt (JUMPDRIVE AND TRADE COMMAND MK3)
Getsu fune------->bluish snout (ALL RACES EQUIPMENT DOCKS)

Its a pain cause the OTAS ships when bought don't have enough software so u have to go to at least one more equip dock to give them everything for universe/sector trading, as well as to home of light for trade command mk3.

Which is why i'm considering using Caimen super freighters and connecting Contorted dominion (which sells them) instead of legends home and use them instead of mistrals. After u buy these caimens u equip them there and then and u can equip all ten with what u need, all thats missing is a jumpdrive and trade command mk3, which u get in home of light
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

testpilot_bg
x3tc

Post by testpilot_bg » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 12:55

When you buy the OTAS ships, you can install them a Jumpdrive instantly from the OTAS HQ and you just need to have a TS full with E cells to load on them, so they can jump to the EQ you like, to install the further software. ;)
I make my first gate:
Queen's Retribution - Sanctity of Corruption
I'm not playing seriously the HUB plot right now, because of STARCRAFT 2!!!

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 12:58

I originally had mine as follows:

Ore Belt/HOL
Menaleus' Oasis/UKS
Zyarth's Dominion/UKS

Now, I'm trying to lock up the Xenon and repair my Yaki rep (currently -63000 :( ) so I changed it to

X598/X627
X596/X597
Senators Badlands/Weavers Tempest

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 14:32

I finished before being ready to help the Aldrans so mine went like this.

Set 1 - Montalaar E. - Unknown Sector W. (Avarice)
Set 2 - The Hole E. - Atreus' Clouds W.

This effectively cleared pirate alley of almost all major traffic.

Set 3 - Avarice E. - New Income W. (Until Aldran Plot)
Set 3 - Neptune - Aldran

Final Set 3 will be to the New Home sector once I finish that plot.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 14:41

1. Argon Prime - Home of Light -> This set will never change! Easy access to JD and four races EQDs around the corner. Most of my commercial and "battle" fleet are stationed around AP (most secure location in the universe).

2. Asteroid Belt - Heretics End (simply for boarding ATF in the HUB sector)

3. changing once in a while, for example Queens Retribution - Queens Harbour or last one was Gaian Star - US :twisted: (got me three Galleons and three Brigantines plus a Carrack and some small ppl... I am still best "blue" buddy of pirates!!!). Later on I use the third pair of gates for the Aldrin mission and than reswitch it to somewhere else...
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

silentmaster101

Post by silentmaster101 » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 16:17

1. Avarice>New Income
2. Akeela's Beacon>Legend's Home
3. Heaven's Assertion>Patriarch's Collusion

i always build my illegal's plant and mining ops in Avarice, and always have my energy/food/equip 'plex in Akeela's Beacon.

also 3. lets me wage war on the paranid while buying warships from the split with one swoop.

also close to OTAS and Strong Arms HQs

the paranid have pissed me off since x:btf so i need to have 3 set up.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Completed HubPlot Pilots: Which Sectors/gates have you chosen to realign?

Post by Nanook » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 20:07

ThommoHawk wrote:....
but realised I had to make a choice of which two gates / already existing adjoining sectors to connect first, yet I had no real desire to do so - (it gives me a headache to think about it...). all suggestoins welcome.
Once you complete the plot, you're free to move/realign the gates pretty much at will. So no choice you make for the first set has to be permanent. I'd suggest placing the first set so you can more easily supply the resources to finish the plot. Then you can move them about as you see fit later on. And that placement will undoubtedly be something other than what others have done, simply because your universe is different from everyone else's.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 20:32

My current set up is

gate one
Twisted Skies /UK sector (East of Zyarth's Dominion)

gate two
Aldrin 2/Terran UK Sector 1

gate three
Legends Home/Akeela's Beacon.

Early on in the game I would have

gate one
Argon Prime/Home of Light

gate two
Queen's Harbour / Queen's Retribution

Gate three as above.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Thu, 5. Aug 10, 11:29

Yep, (as Nanook correctly points out) thats right - I had the definite impression that the gate choices made were one-off/once only operations - as I have tried to avoid spoilers about the plot till now. The wording by the little Boron at the hub (did a test run which I did not save) 'it can only be done once', iirc... :?

So my understanding for now, is that the hub will be able to switch connections at will, once completed?

I think it is good to get an idea of what everyone else was doing with their hub connections though - so don't mind if you pilots keep em coming... :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 5. Aug 10, 21:36

Yes,when completed,you can switch any pair of gates to any pair of sectors,but at a cost of a few thousand e-cells.So keep that stocked up for the switches,not just for your ships etc.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”