TC Mouse Interface

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pyure
x3tc

TC Mouse Interface

Post by Pyure » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 16:05

Is there a way to switch to Reunion-style mouse steering? Or lock in the "spacebar" mode (which seems to switch back to "normal" mode after certain actions or a period of time)

I'm having difficulty getting used to the TC-style, particularly since it seems to require you hold the left button while steering (which is mindbogglingly silly for such a constant task, admit it)

I've been trying to adjust over the last few days, but it actually throws off my aim a tiny bit during dogfights to lean on the top left constantly, and, well, just generally makes me sad :(
What's a battle?

KorJax
x3tc

Post by KorJax » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 16:14

Uhh spacebar solves your difficulty problem. Push it once and you are forever in "steering" mode until you push it again

Otherwise push Shift+N for "classic" flight mode.

IMO classic flight mode feels way too twitchy to me and you can't click-target which sucks for me, but different strokes for different blokes I guess

Pyure
x3tc

Post by Pyure » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 16:27

I agree on click-target problem completely, I'm just trying to find something that works for me. My poor index finger is getting tired :) I tried the classic-mode thing once I think...I probably found it too switchy as well.

I think a pseudo-replacement for click-target is to point directly at a target and hit "t", which sorta sometimes works if there isn't too much traffic in that direction.

Spacebar did indeed sorta work well for a while. And in fact I really enjoyed shooting where my cursor is pointing (unlike Reunion which uses bore-sighting or whatever its called) But it constantly switches off under various mysterious conditions.

Thanks JorJax
What's a battle?

KorJax
x3tc

Post by KorJax » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 17:08

I've never had the issue of it switching off unless I tried to deal with me being apart of a flight wing

mike2R
x3tc

Post by mike2R » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 19:29

Spacebar did indeed sorta work well for a while. And in fact I really enjoyed shooting where my cursor is pointing (unlike Reunion which uses bore-sighting or whatever its called) But it constantly switches off under various mysterious conditions.
Unless this has changed at some point, be aware that the auto aim only works with bore sight fire.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 19:32

Pyure wrote:....
Spacebar did indeed sorta work well for a while. And in fact I really enjoyed shooting where my cursor is pointing (unlike Reunion which uses bore-sighting or whatever its called) But it constantly switches off under various mysterious conditions....
Perhaps you've remapped something that conflicts with it? The game will allow you to assign multiple functions to a single key combo, with only a warning to let you know about it. So that's one possibility.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Pyure
x3tc

Post by Pyure » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 20:14

@Nanook: I'll investigate accordingly tonight. Sounds like a possibility to me.

@Carlo the Curious: Valuable link, and I appreciate it.

@Korjax: I mispelled your name earlier, sorry.
What's a battle?

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 14:50

I Reconfigure some keys around to suit my play style. I use the scroll wheel to switch targets. But as for holding in the mouse button to fly, Well lets just say I have about 5 years of playing freelancer and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

Pyure
x3tc

Post by Pyure » Mon, 9. Aug 10, 15:55

Funny, I own freelancer but only played it for like an hour, couldn't get into it for some reason. I gather I missed quite a lot as a result. :(

I've taken to hitting spacebar for flight: I don't need to hold a button to navigate, and I can still click-select targets if I need to (although obviously its trickier since my vector follows my cursor)

I can confirm though that opening comms or a sector map or a menu does kill the spacebar-flight mode. Either its supposed to be that way, or there's something wonky with my system setup :)
What's a battle?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”