[TC] Questions about how every got the 25 mil for the hyperion.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wgentry99
x3tc

Questions about how every got the 25 mil for the hyperion.

Post by wgentry99 » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 04:00

I have been playing humble merchant for quite some time so I am hesitant to start a new one, but i'd really like to have the hyperion, but i'm not very experienced with boarding. I played through the poisioned paranid start in a modified game with the bailing script and got the 25 mil that way. My first question is would it be a realistic way to make the 25 mil, just by capping paranid ships and not doing any remote trading, or would i need to trade to get some of the money. Or would I probably need to combine capping and system defense missions? Also if the capping strategy would be valid, which sectors would be the best to prowl around in? In my modified game i usually hung around Interworld, while taking the ocassional raid on the paranid sector to the south. The hunting was pretty good but the shipping eventually couldn't keep up even with the ocassional task force coming to their rescue. Would there be better sectors to hunt in or would this one be my best bet? Would like to keep this run vanilla.

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 04:19

I'm not sure what kind of time constraints you're on in that start, but seems to me the easiest way to make lots of cash in the beginning is doing missions, no? couple million for a simple transport ought to pay it off in no time, I would think.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 04:47

I love this start and use it to do a timed race against the clock. It can be done in <9 hours. I'm currently playing this start and just got my hyperion a couple of hours ago. Here's a screenshot I took for my own records so I know what to beat next time!

[ external image ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You have a full 72 hours to make 25 million. Cut off about 1.5 hours to just get to safe space and make your first few trades.

Its taken me about 10 tries to get < 10 hours, and I'm not sure if spoilers are really a good idea: It was really fun working out which methods are most time efficient. Its just a matter of choosing the better options. The first time you try it it may feel like a race to 72 hours, but even if you cut it a little close I think it'll be hard not to have oodles of cash by that time no matter which strategy you employ.

Edit: Seeing as you had a question about running without the bailing script, I'll note my scripts here: The only scripts that I run that have some effect on time are: Infinite salvage insurance and Gazz's Auto-aim targeting script. I don't do any boarding 'till after I get the Hyppie. I run free salvage insurance because I like to be able to quit the game at any time. I usually don't reload when things go bad, unless I'm going back to the very beginning to try the whole thing again, minus the 1.5 hours of strafe-crawling to get upgrades. That part I can skip after 10-20 run-throughs of this start!

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 05:08

There are several ways, I went on a Unholy Rampage against my Paranid Brothers once I got to Argon Space (my battleground was Interworlds since it is an Argon-Paranid border sector), saving often and attacking any Paranid I saw, my goal was to capture and repair/sell as many ships as possible. My main targets were M3 traders because M3s striped are worth about 1 million each. I finished in under 5 hours of game time using this method.

Depending on your starting sector you can nab a few very good M3+ Prototypes, those should dramatically improve your rate of captures if you use this method. Also be aware that once you have a few million you can reinvest some money into a fast TP (Iguana), some Marines, and Ion Disruptors and go capture some M6s like the Deimos and sell them for ALOT. This will quickly be worth every invested penny. High Risk, High Reward.

This is an option because you start off with the Paranid hating you and upon mission completion, no matter how many Paranid you kill, your reputation will reset.

If a moderator feels any of this should be spoiler tagged go ahead and edit my post accordingly, I am not sure how much spoiling I am allowed to do freely in the spoiler section.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 05:18

Twest09 wrote: I finished in under 5 hours of game time using this method.
No. :lol: TOGTFO

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 05:22

Smacksim wrote:
Twest09 wrote: I finished in under 5 hours of game time using this method.
No. :lol: TOGTFO
Yes, but maybe you missed the part where I said I saved alot, which would imply that I also loaded on failed captures, and just because I got the 25 million in just a few hours doesn't mean I turned it in that fast. Just a quick note but when you park in Interworlds there are between 2-10 Paranid freighters in sector at any time and your fight rank goes up so damn fast you wouldn't believe then just take assassination missions that offer up 1-3 million... it's so easy a caveman could do it. Just grab the Skate Prototype at the beginning of the start and you have a shiny M3+ Proto to drive around.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 05:39

Go for it. Personally, I'll never believe you used that method and finished in < 6 hours from game start unless I see some screens. If I see some reasonable T I will happily eat my words and find you a nice Boron girl as a token of my respect.

By the way, are there any Boron on Facebook?

I only reply because I believe you're being misleading to people that may then take your advice and spend countless hours pursuing a wild Argnu. Please, choose a somewhat larger ridiculous random number than 5.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 06:11

Smacksim wrote:Go for it. Personally, I'll never believe you used that method and finished in < 6 hours from game start unless I see some screens. If I see some reasonable T I will happily eat my words and find you a nice Boron girl as a token of my respect.

By the way, are there any Boron on Facebook?

I only reply because I believe you're being misleading to people that may then take your advice and spend countless hours pursuing a wild Argnu. Please, choose a somewhat larger ridiculous random number than 5.
Well it's actually kinda a pain to have to prove myself to some random guy on the internet, instead I will explain that I had a predetermined plan of attack.
Spoiler
Show

1) Restart the "Poisoned Paranid" start until I started in the sector Heaven's Assertion.

2) Immediately head East to Menalaus' Oasis position 38.5, 1 , 32.5

3) Grab Skate Prototype.

4) Head to Veil of Delusion position 47.6, 3.5, -41.5

5) Grab Blastclaw Prototype, strip the weapons and sell for 2ish million

6) Upgrade Skate's speed, rudder, acceleration and install Boost Extension and Jump Drive.

7) Head north and grab some E-Cells... full cargo bay worth. Jump when possible to a distant gate in same sector.

8 ) Go to Split Space and grab the Turbo Booster MK I.

9) Go to Interworlds and prowl for freighters to cap and send to Grand Exchange.

10) Get a TP (Iguana) and some Marines and buy 2 Ion Disruptors for the Skate.

11) Find something big to board, sell it, find more Marines.

12) * Between 9 and 11 accept as many assassination missions and station defense missions as possible *

Zaixionito
x4

Post by Zaixionito » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 20:30

Smacksim wrote:... If I see some reasonable T I will happily eat my words and find you a nice Boron girl as a token of my respect.

By the way, are there any Boron on Facebook?...
What is wrong with you people!? They're a peaceful people! Besides, that doesn't... How wou- Bleh.

Just leave your sick boron stuff out of this, you terrible person.

:rant: :boron:

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 23:39

Humble merchant is my prefered start. and Hyperion is my fav ship.
yeah man the boarding via spacewalk is seriously flawed but it can be done.
Reload reload reload you may also find it easier using the extra commands function to launch marines when your in optimum position, theres i guy who has a great guide on the forum, i forget his nick but a search should come up trumps.
Stick with it dude this game takes oddles of patience as im sure you've realised.
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming
Powercolor RX56 Vega Red Dragon 8GB
16GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 @3200MHZ
Windows 10 X64
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5058817

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 01:32

The best Hyperion isn't the one you board but the reward from a certain start mini-plot.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 01:36

Zaixionito wrote:
Smacksim wrote:... If I see some reasonable T I will happily eat my words and find you a nice Boron girl as a token of my respect.

By the way, are there any Boron on Facebook?...
What is wrong with you people!? They're a peaceful people! Besides, that doesn't... How wou- Bleh.

Just leave your sick boron stuff out of this, you terrible person.

:rant: :boron:
theyre only "peaceful" cause theres noone left to tell the tales of their oppressive tyranny. ;)

wgentry99
x3tc

Post by wgentry99 » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 02:00

Well if I picked up all the derelict ships would that get me the 25 mil? minus the uniques of course

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 02:52

wgentry99 wrote:Well if I picked up all the derelict ships would that get me the 25 mil? minus the uniques of course
No, but it would put a significant dent in your goal for sure, problem is they are spread out pretty much over the entire Universe so you need something very fast with a Jumpdrive... and a cargo bay for a significant amount of E-Cells. Even then you are going to be spending at least a game day of the three you are allowed to finish. Not to mention some are in Paranid/Xenon/Pirate space and your ships will come under fire so you will have to invest in something like a Magnatar w/jump to be able to get them out quickly.

If you attempt this let us know how it worked out for you, I know that the weapons/tunings/shields that spawn on the ships are random and thus you will be giving us an approximate amount of money to be made from the selling of the ships. Perhaps let us know what ships you sold off and what gear was on them when sold (the gear is what is going to be the $$$).

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 07:50

I think Twest is probably right--there are quicker ways to get the money than by picking up all the derelicts. When you're in a freighter with very little money to your name and looking the wrong end at the 25 million it seems very daunting, but when you get to the end and pay it off you start wondering what all the fuss was about!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”