[SCR] - System Override Software v2.0. [Release - 08.08.10]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bishop149
x3

[SCR] - System Override Software v2.0. [Release - 08.08.10]

Post by Bishop149 » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 12:41

- System Override Software v2.0
- by Bishop149

For pirates the capturing of ships can be one of the most lucrative enterprises that can be undertaken, however it is also one of the most unpredictable. Which ship to target? Who is likely to Bail?
Attacking the wrong ship can not only lead to a profitless waste of time but can also bring down wrath of the authorities.

With this in mind Loomankstrat Syndicate Sofware developed an upgrade to the already popular and widely (but surreptitiously) used System Override Software.

When triggered, the new modifications launches various computer viruses that piggyback the routine comms traffic of a selected target. Once inside these viral routines hack the comm logs and internal sensor net, trawling for any information that might give an indication of the pilot/crew's morale, loyalty and disposition. This information is then analysed and presented to the hacker in any easy to read display.

What does it do:
Upon activation via a hotkey this script will display in the subtitle bar information relating to how easy (or not) the target will be to capture.

Requirements:
- The hotkey must be assigned (see installation)
- The players ship must have "System Override Software" installed.
- As it uses the comms system to gather infomation the target must be within 25km.

Useage:
Select a target. Press Hotkey

----WARNING!----
There is a small but significant chance your hack attempt will be detected by the target. If this happens you might have an angry ship to deal with!

>>>>>>[ external image ]<<<<<<

Installation:
- Copy the 2 scripts: "setup.get.moral.xml" and "plugin.get.moral.xml" to the scripts folder (Egosoft -> X3 Terran Conflict -> scripts)
- Copy 7012-L044.xml to the t Folder (Egosoft -> X3 Terran Conflict -> t)
- Run the game.
- You should recieve a little welcome message, this confirms the scripts installation
- You now need to assign a hotkey, press Esc and move to "Controls" and press Enter.
- Select "Interface" and Page down to the bottom
- Assign a hotkey to "SOS: Hack Ship Info". You can set what ever you want, I use:- [SHIFT]+[Space]
- All done
Last edited by Bishop149 on Sun, 8. Aug 10, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 12:42

Well my first script goes live and I'm reasonably proud of it. . . . it seemed to balloon out of all proportion to my original rather modest plans and I learnt a lot in it's creation.

Notes:
- The figure returned for "Core Encryption Level" on the same target seems to change every time the script is run. It could well be that this is just the way the game works, the number is only generated when it is called. I might remove this line as its a little pointless.

- I have further plans to expand this script. At the moment the only info it can display relates to ease of capture. I may well add other features to gather other intelligence about the targeted ship, for example destination and trade details
I am open to suggestions as to additional functionality!

Have fun!
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”