Ammo factory & Mass driver

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aureus the Golden
x3

Ammo factory & Mass driver

Post by Aureus the Golden » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 03:35

Hi peeps
I have become tired of constantly lacking ammo for my mass drivers. As far as I know (well in the big part of the galaxy I have already explored) there is only ONE Ammo factory which lays in Argon Prime. As its workers eat meatsteaks as fast as my Dragon uses ammo, its poor slow Mercury freighter has great difficulties supplying it with food and therefore the production is slooow. :shock:
So! I was wondering about building my own MD Ammo factory and I have two questions :
1) Does ammo sell well (I can't imagine using all my production)?
2)Where can it be sold? At Argon equipment docks?

That little thing costs almost 4 millions Cr so I prefer to get some advice first.

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 03:55

I've never set one of those up, but Argon equipment docks and I believe split equipment docks buy the ammo as well. Anyone else with a factory in place may be able to give you more info.

Bayta
x3

Post by Bayta » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 03:56

I don't recall where I've seen it sold, and I've never built an ammo factory, so I can't answer your question. But, I do know of three other ammo factories in addition to the one in Argon Prime.

There's one in Tharka's Sun, Nathan's Voyage, and Family Tkr. At least that should help keep you supplied until you decide to build a factory.

Aureus the Golden
x3

Post by Aureus the Golden » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 04:00

Bayta wrote: There's one in Tharka's Sun, Nathan's Voyage, and Family Tkr. At least that should help keep you supplied until you decide to build a factory.
Well these three sectors haven't appeared on my map yet, so I figure I just have to seek them.
Thanks, guys.

Momaw
x3tc

Post by Momaw » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 05:37

Tharka's Sun ammo factory is your friend. Nobody seems to buy here, so you get all the output to yourself. :)
Patient of the Mad Goner asylum for the mentally extravagant

GrendelMk1
x3

Post by GrendelMk1 » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 06:03

If you do it and it works, let me know. I've been thinking about building one, but it's pretty low on my priority list. I've got 6 other weapon chains that are ahead of it on said list....

CheeseAndBaconBurger

Post by CheeseAndBaconBurger » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 07:57

I have a mass driver factory in Elenas Fortune, and oh boy, does it make money! ...it makes more then any one of my solar plants. I made it self sufficient too, so it uses my factorys to get stocked up.

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 08:45

As a temp measure why don't you get a couple of large cargo craft of your own, like a couple of Dolphins, stock them up with loads of material needed for the factory and sell it them?
The AI Mass Drvier Ammo fab will then do the work for you. You can just have a transporter like an express sat in dock to remote purchase the goods every 10 mins or so. Do this for a short time and you should have a fair chunk of ammo I'd have thought.
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

CheeseAndBaconBurger

Post by CheeseAndBaconBurger » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 08:50

The problem with that is the ai buys them real fast.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”