Help me find a script/mod for Drones.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zynk
x3tc

Help me find a script/mod for Drones.

Post by Zynk » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 01:07

So im trying to get into capping, and it appears that having a bunch of fighter drones attack shields is a great way to keep the enemy busy. But i have one problem..drones take forever to command individually.

Does anyone know of a script/mod that will launch fighter drones/ command them to attack shields, and then maybe return them to your cargo?

I was looking through the mod forums, which is an eye-sore to me, and i saw the MARS offered the first two, but i didnt want to install that after reading how easy it makes the vanilla game. Can you use only the drone commands maybe?

I also saw one fro XAI-corp that had a basic launch drone command, but it looked like it hasnt been updated in years, and the website hasnt had a new post since 2008.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 01:16

MARS has settings to shutoff every feature it has aside from the drones. ;)

Zynk
x3tc

Post by Zynk » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 01:20

oh awesome! thanks a bunch for the help and the quick reply

Zynk
x3tc

Post by Zynk » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 03:41

Ok! maybe you can answer another question for me.

I installed mars, and i bought the system for my ship. I have no turrets set to use it, and i went into configuration and turned off everything.

Will this make sure mars does nothing? I only want it installed at the moment for regular fighter attack shields/stop commands. maybe in the future i will try it out :twisted:

Are these two commands available without the mars system installed on my ship to further insure that mars wont do anything to my gameplay?

I ask because i am Vanilla except for complex cleaner. im not wanting any scripts/mods that make the combat easier.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 04:46

Try letting enemy ships use MARS, combat wont be any easier...have fun :twisted:

There should be some hot-keys you can setup that lets mars attack shields, if my half asleep brain is right. :P
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Zynk
x3tc

Post by Zynk » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 07:09

lol, i read about that in the MARS manual. do i need to have the artificial life mod installed?

Edit: I think i answered my own question. No. lol

Gazz
x4

Re: Help me find a script/mod for Drones.

Post by Gazz » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 10:58

Catra wrote:MARS has settings to shutoff every feature it has aside from the drones. ;)
It's more like... if you don't tell your ships to use it, they don't use it...
Zynk wrote:I was looking through the mod forums, which is an eye-sore to me, and i saw the MARS offered the first two, but i didnt want to install that after reading how easy it makes the vanilla game.
It doesn't automatically make the vanilla game easier.
Of course, if only your ships use "better than vanilla" turret scripts (no matter which) but the AI does not - then it will obviously be easier.
But that's a choice you're making.
If you don't want easy, enable it for the AI but don't use it on your own ships. You still have the advantage of superior tactics. Right? =)

And MARS turrets can "attack shields", too. As a test I had 3 M2 simultaneously fire at a Dragon and lower the shields while not scratching the hull.
Now that's fine control.

Typically, players let drones "just attack" in the vanilla game - while managing their firepower through the amount of drones.
In theory they could use the Attack Shields command but as you have seen... that's not really workable with a good number of them.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 21:31

Zynk wrote:Ok! maybe you can answer another question for me.

I installed mars, and ...
Maybe the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] Rule #1 puts the question into the appropriate thread? OP answered, so continuation according to Choice 2.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”