Asteroid Placing Script

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

EmperorJon
x3tc

Asteroid Placing Script

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 15:48

For alittle project of mine I ended up making a script which places asteroids...

What it does is asks you for X, Y and Z values, then puts asteroids in random positions between those values, and - those values, so with...

X = 20000
Y = 20000
Z = 5000

You get a block of asteroids measuring 40x40km and 10km thick...
But, not only that, I'm adding a customisable thickness, yeilds, and yeild type feature.

This would make it perfect for populating sectors with asteroids!

If anyone's making maps and wants to speed up asteroid placement, I'll refine it and replace it.

Just a notification. Thanks guys!
Last edited by EmperorJon on Wed, 11. Aug 10, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 16:49

EmperorJon, that sounds very cool and useful.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 17:11

The good news is it now asks you which resources you want... the bad news is I've run out of arguments on the script... :S
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 17:16

Could there be a work around by using two scripts, having the first call the second to finish up the job. Might mean setup some of the variables to global versus them all being local.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 17:18

EmperorJon wrote:The good news is it now asks you which resources you want... the bad news is I've run out of arguments on the script... :S
create an array of your arguments and past that array via the script call as 1 argument. You can pass 100 arguments if you if you do it like that.

MarCon

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”