[TC] Incendiary Bomb Launcher Forge

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

huntergreenall
x3tc

Incendiary Bomb Launcher Forge

Post by huntergreenall » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 20:45

Building complexes to outfit my fleet and wondering if it possible to buy a Incendiary Bomb Launcher Forge as I have yet to find one for sale. Oh and while I'm at it, where can you buy the tractor beam? Driving me mad, cheers

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 20:49

you have to steal an IBL forge from yaki space.

third redemption.

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 20:49

Can't buy a forge in vanilla as far as I know.

Tractor beams are found in Third Redemption at the tractor beam factory. Or a forge can be bought from some paranid shipyards.

huntergreenall
x3tc

Post by huntergreenall » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 20:52

Cheers, can you clarify 'steal a forge' lol

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 20:52

The tractor beam is a Paranid exclusive ware, there is usually 1/2 factories in Paranid space, and you can buy the factory at Paranid SY. Those usually are in southern Paranid space.
You can't buy IBL forges, but with some experience / luck, you can stal a Ryu with one aboard.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:02

The trick is to blow a Yaki IBL forge and wait for GOD to send a TL to build a new one. Steal the TL that is carrying the forge and then (because of a bug) you have to fly the TL yourself to a destination that you want to build the forge.

I have only been able to accomplish this twice out of four playthroughs :(

So it takes some skill and luck.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:02

StarTroll wrote:The tractor beam is a Paranid exclusive ware, there is usually 1/2 factories in Paranid space, and you can buy the factory at Paranid SY. Those usually are in southern Paranid space.
You can't buy IBL forges, but with some experience / luck, you can stal a Ryu with one aboard.
are you certain that is posible in vanilla?will i be able to deploy it after i have boarded the ryu?can a dev confirm this

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:09

unknown1 wrote:
StarTroll wrote:The tractor beam is a Paranid exclusive ware, there is usually 1/2 factories in Paranid space, and you can buy the factory at Paranid SY. Those usually are in southern Paranid space.
are you certain that is posible in vanilla?will i be able to deploy it after i have boarded the ryu?can a dev confirm this
I can confirm this and it has been confirmed before. I did some research using the search function to your right hand side of the screen which is how I know how to do it and how I suppose Star and others know.... so use the search function and find an IBL thread that discusses this solution.

It works, but it is a long process (SETA at 1000% still took 5 hours before a TL showed up)

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:09

Or alternatively make friends with the Yaki so you can sell resources (at a profit) to keep their IBL fabs running and then use those profits to buy the IBLs from them directly :)

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:12

are you certain that is posible in vanilla
yep, been confirmed as possible for quite awhile.
will i be able to deploy it after i have boarded the ryu
be a tad silly to mention it if you couldnt.
can a dev confirm this
youre asking in the wrong forum.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:23

Well for one thing I doubt a dev would confirm since it is an exploit solution. If they did confirm that it worked the next patch might break the exploit and then we would only be forced to make friends with the Yaki. Which is a pain in the butt and takes longer than blowing and stealing the forge....

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:32

Twest09 wrote:Well for one thing I doubt a dev would confirm since it is an exploit solution. If they did confirm that it worked the next patch might break the exploit and then we would only be forced to make friends with the Yaki. Which is a pain in the butt and takes longer than blowing and stealing the forge....
What leads you to believe this is an exploit? Not sayin' it is or isn't, just asking.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:35

i am very interested in this approach..

so you kill IBLs in weaver tempest and camp the sector where the yaki shipyard is, untill you see a ryu departing from the SY with the precious cargo?

thanks !!
X gamer , one at a time.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:36

Twest09 wrote:Well for one thing I doubt a dev would confirm since it is an exploit solution. If they did confirm that it worked the next patch might break the exploit and then we would only be forced to make friends with the Yaki. Which is a pain in the butt and takes longer than blowing and stealing the forge....
how is this an exploit?
you can do this with everyones TLs.
so you kill IBLs in weaver tempest and camp the sector where the yaki shipyard is, untill you see a ryu departing from the SY with the precious cargo?
you also have to pilot the ryu(or any TL you capture that wants to deploy a station) all the way to the sector you want to deploy the station.

GoD still thinks he owns the ship(in yo ship, defying yo authuritah)and will continually override any commands you give it with the stock "go to sector and deploy station".

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:49

So jump in another TL and beam it over?

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:50

In no way I see it as an exploit, just a smart way to use game mechanics that allow you to steal stations by boarding their transporting TLs, and adapt that method to obtain stations unavaiable at SYs.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:54

Shootist wrote:
What leads you to believe this is an exploit? Not sayin' it is or isn't, just asking.
I believe it is an exploit because it is a way to build a station that would otherwise be unbuildable. To me an exploit is doing something within game perimeters that is not explicitly cheating but shouldn't be done without prior knowledge of said "work-around".

Like how finishing the Poisoned Paranid mini-plot and saving right before the turn-in so you can reload for a better "reward," is exploiting the game's mechanics to achieve a better end result. Without knowledge that your reward could be better most would simply accept the end result and move on...

In this case most people would accept that they have to be friendly to the Yaki and buy IBLs from them and keep their forge stocked with supplies, the "exploit" is stealing the forge instead..

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:59

So, by your definition, claiming the Aran is an exploit, or jacking any unbuyable ship?

G Morgan
x3

Post by G Morgan » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 22:12

Out of interest will the Yaki always replace these?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 22:13

I don't see it as an exploit either. Stealing something from someone else is a perfectly legitimate way to obtain it (in the game, at any rate, please don't try it in real life!), whether it's 27 energy cells or a station.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”