[TC] Unholy Traitor and Paranid Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Callidus Thorn
x3tc

Unholy Traitor and Paranid Rep

Post by Callidus Thorn » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 14:52

What is the best way to gain rep with the Paranid, I want to be able to capture a Hyperion without having to go through a fleet or two to get there, but of course with the game start I picked, I'm shoot on sight with them.

Suggestions?

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 15:52

Missions

Zaixionito
x4

Post by Zaixionito » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 16:14

Pirates

(Kill 'rats in Paranid space)

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 16:32

Exterminate the Argons :twisted:

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 17:00

I'm sure Nanook or someone will correct me if I'm wrong, and I could well be.... Having played this start a few weeks ago I found that the only thing that would improve rep in this situation was killing enemy ships in the territory of the race-to-be-improved. It seems that once reputation is low enough missions either do not spawn or have no impact on reputation. I seemed to get Paranid or Split missions occasionally, but I checked reputation every time and it was not affected. Could'a been a fluke of some sort, but I gave up on that approach.

You start out at Rank -4 with both the Split and Paranid. I repaired Split rep by splashing Boron freighters in Split core sectors. Only 1% gain per ship though, so it took a long time, and I took breaks to rebuild Boron reputation with missions along the way. Once I hit Rank -3 I did a single mission and brought my reputation up to Split Rank 1 to my great relief.

Personally I'd advise against killing pirates as its useful to have them as friendly as possible for various reasons, but it is certainly viable to do so. Killing Xenon or Khaak is fine but its a bit difficult to find them as you'll have a hard time keeping any deployed satellites alive.

Callidus Thorn
x3tc

Post by Callidus Thorn » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 18:19

It'll have to be pirate killing then, since I want to stay on the good side of the Argon, that way it's easier to steal their ships. And shooting pirates is always fun, although I'm guessing that it will take a while.

Thanks

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 18:27

I'm pretty sure you can raise your reputation with Paranid doing missions in this start

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 21:28

There seem to be some arbitrary and random high and low limits to gaining rep through missions. I noticed this recently in my pirate game when my pirate rep stopped increasing at around +300K or so. Trading with them above that level produced small rep increases, but missions did nothing. Another time, though, my rep with them dropped way down in the 5 figures (~10K) and when I did several missions for them, my rep went up to around 400K before leveling off.

I noticed a similar issue with race rep, although in my current Terran game, I'm at max rep with all races. I had to kill some Paranid for a mission and rep dropped one level. A couple of missions later, it was back to max.

I have no clue why it does this, but it doesn't seem consistent. It's just wierd. :?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 14. Aug 10, 10:39

Maybe there IS a fixed limit and you just jumped over it by a different amount each time due to a single massive rep reward from a mission?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”