Getting hired TL to set up ore mine on asteroid (X3:TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hippie_dwarf

Getting hired TL to set up ore mine on asteroid (X3:TC)

Post by hippie_dwarf » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 20:26

I've just bought my first station, an ore mine, and have transported it by hiring a TL to the sector I want it to be built in. However, so far i've only managed to the TL to park itself close-ish to the asteroid I want to build the mine on. I've scanned the asteroid so its definatley an ore asteroid but I can't the TL to build the damn thing. I don't know how to get the TL to "drop" the mine and get it built on the asteroid, any help?

zoleeboy
x3tc

Post by zoleeboy » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 20:40

Contact the captain of the TL and ask him to unload your station. A sector map will pop up. Choose the asteroid you want to build the mine on and hit enter.
SAS - Proud Protector of Split

Honoured Strong Arm of Family Thi

hippie_dwarf

Post by hippie_dwarf » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 20:50

No such dialogue option exists for me :x , and before you ask i've definatley bought the mine, spent nearly all my money on it, and when I did I was prompted to decided which ship to load it onto (the hired TL was the only option) so it's got to be on there. Though I did just notice the mine isn't showing up on my property list, should it do before it's been built?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 20:57

No. It's still cargo in the TL, hopefully. Try scanning the TL to make sure it's still there.

Oh, and you have to be in the same sector as the TL and the asteroid or else you won't get the option to deploy the mine. You can't deploy stations unless you're in the same sector.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

hippie_dwarf

Post by hippie_dwarf » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 21:13

Ah, just used a freight scanner (if thats hte right scanner) on the TL (an Argon supply Mammoth, if that helps) and it doesn't say that the mine is on there. Dunno if i'm using the correct scanner or not but yeah i'm guessing that might be my problem but I don't know how that hpapen as when I bought the mine (from Argon prime) it asked me to load it into the hired TL so it should be there. Also, I have been in the same sector as the TL etc.

zoleeboy
x3tc

Post by zoleeboy » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 21:45

One more possible option.

The TL captain asks you like 1000 credits each gate you cross. Should you have less money on you, and thus cannot pay him, the TL captain will keep your station as compensation.
SAS - Proud Protector of Split

Honoured Strong Arm of Family Thi

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 21:46

A hired TL gets paid for each gate it traverses on the way to your destination. And it gets paid just before it goes through each gate. If you ran out of money when the TL passed through a gate, it disposed of your mine and it's gone for good. But don't feel too bad. This has probably happened to almost everyone here at least once, even yours truly. :wink:

Hopefully, you had a savegame prior to losing the mine. If so, tell the TL to stop where it's at until you can generate enough income to pay for the transport.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

hippie_dwarf

Post by hippie_dwarf » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 21:59

Thats not it, I have about 40K left after buying the mine. The TL was charging 1k per gate, and I only went through 3

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 22:36

Is the mammoth listed in a different colour in the sector map window (IIRC, hired craft are yellow on this screen?)

It could be you are looking at another mammoth in the same sector?

If you haven't changed any of the options in the property listings, it should also mention which sector your hired mammoth is in...

hippie_dwarf

Post by hippie_dwarf » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 22:41

It was a different colour, yellow like you said and the properties said that I hired it in argon prime, which I did. I reloaded my save and tried again and hte same thing happened, there was no mine in its cargo bay when I scanned it and there was no dialogue option to set it up. I'm going to try and hire a TL from a different sector, see if that works.

hippie_dwarf

Post by hippie_dwarf » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 22:58

Ok it all set up now. I went to cloud base south east and hired the mammoth there and it set up the mine fine, no problems so i dunno what was up with the other one :/. Oh well, I haz prouds now :D

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 23:06

Congrats on your first station.

Happy mining
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”