Boron Super Shipyard even cooler than I'd thought

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

clevider
x4

Boron Super Shipyard even cooler than I'd thought

Post by clevider » Tue, 17. Aug 10, 11:05

I've been playing TC since it came out and I just realized that big ships docking at the Boron super shipyard actually enter the bubble-thingy. How cool is that? How do they get into the station proper? I don't see an umbilicus. Is it water? Are they able to open the door and swim out?

I'm not sure why I'm so pleased with it, but I'm absolutely tickled. :D I wish there was differentiation between the regular stations, of course, but this makes we appreciate what there is even more.

[ external image ] [ external image ]
//-- ...Signature line decrypting: 1%... --\\

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Tue, 17. Aug 10, 11:23

:O

I never knew that. It's awesome though!!

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 17. Aug 10, 11:40

im pretty sure that "bubble" distorts reality or something, as every capital ship duo(you can only dock 2 there, which shouldnt be possible in the first place)ends up having cap ship 2 being stuck in cap ships 1 engine section.

also, have you seen the Teladi Super Shipyard(if you can call it that :P ) over in CEO's sprite?

clevider
x4

Post by clevider » Tue, 17. Aug 10, 14:07

The two ships in my pic are both fully docked capital ships and they aren't commingling. Granted, however, the one on the right is a rather small big ship. A thresher (m6)? Maybe it's big big ships that don't fit? I'll keep an eye out. I certainly don't have any ships of my own to test with -- I've never owned anything larger than an m6 except one captured TL (once, a long time ago). :(

All my first game starts were in the western half of the universe so I know I've been in CEO's Sprite and seen their super shipyard. I really don't recall what it looks like anymore, though, since I've lately been playing the eastern half to give myself some variety.
//-- ...Signature line decrypting: 1%... --\\

Erratic1
x3tc

Post by Erratic1 » Tue, 17. Aug 10, 14:55

It looks purty, but don't try to dock a Hyperion there... you wont get it out of there again unless you're OS. Not sure what other ships it affects with docking.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 17. Aug 10, 15:02

the docking oddity with the boron SY has been fixed. :(

gonna post a pic of the Teladi super shipyard in awhile, trying to position some phoenixes inside the thing.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”