Repair laser?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cold Chaos
x3tc

Repair laser?

Post by Cold Chaos » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 22:24

In X3-tc, where do u find repair lasers? Are they a laser? a drone? How do I use them? I keep capturing ships that are so shot up I can not afford to fix them and try them out? Can anyone a noob pilot?

rugaard

Post by rugaard » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 22:26

your space suit has the only repair laser in the universe

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 22:27

Eject from your ship, and you will be in a spacesuit with a built-in repair laser, the only place such a laser exists in the (vanilla) game.

The reason ships appear to be able to mount repair lasers (and can in certain scripted games) is because it is part of the shared utility class of lasers. To save space (thereby allowing all the other weapons in the game) they were given the same identifier number or something.

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 22:27

They're only on your space suit in vanilla. To use it, just eject from your ship and shoot at the ship you want to fix.

Cold Chaos
x3tc

Post by Cold Chaos » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 22:30

lol, thx for the answers, i feel like such a noob :lol:

aladonahill
x3tc

Post by aladonahill » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 23:11

Another way to fix the damaged ship is to dock it at a shipyard. Once the ship is docked the trade menu for the shipyard will show a repair ship option that only appears when damaged ships are docked.

For smaller ships, it is worthwhile ejecting, getting within range of the repair laser, and doing most of the repair in space. Though it can be dangerous.

For larger ships I don't even bother with the repair laser. Way too slow. Just dock it at the shipyard.

rugaard

Post by rugaard » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 23:25

havnt had a chance to repair a ship larger than an m6 with the laser but i find a nice book helps with the boredom on most ships

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 04:48

As a method of lessening the danger of being splattered while repairing, tuck your ship carefully into an asteroid in say... Kingdom End. Then eject and move your suit so you're very close to the ship. Now even those that shoot at you are likely to smack into the asteroid, and you can jump straight back in.

Also remember that you've only got two hours of oxygen in your suit, but that jumping into and back out of the ship will refresh it.

Finally that even if it's out of juice, the laser still works.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 04:18

Cold Chaos wrote:lol, thx for the answers, i feel like such a noob :lol:
Join the club!

I remember the first factory I ever built (a solar power plant in Kingdom end) and I spent hours trawling through forums to find out how to get my transports to buy and sell for it. Once I saw how simple it was I nearly punted my computer out the window.

On the other hand I miss exploring the universe and being amazed by how many sectors there are. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”