Paranid hostility problem

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fluffy_destroyer_of_world

Paranid hostility problem

Post by fluffy_destroyer_of_world » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 02:36

At the moment im playing a sandbox version of X3 terran conflict. Iv built a nice telalaladium foundry in one of their sectors and am currently pumping the industry with cash... In the mean time I have been doing small missions on the side (protecting ore mines and stuff from pirates). Ofcourse sometimes on the missions the pirates eject from their ship and I gladly run along and steal it. The problem comes as 1 paranid military deimos is hostile with me.... None of the other ships or stations are hostile, just this 1 npc. I am a protector of the paranid king [L] rep status at the moment and am confused as to why they would want to blow me up. I am carrying no illegal goods in any of my transport ships or anything like that.. Really really annoyed and stumped as to why that one ship wants to destroy me!

edit: running version 2.5 terran conflict

Cheers in advance

fluffy_destroyer_of_world

Post by fluffy_destroyer_of_world » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 02:43

yes, sometimes it goes neutral and they say ''ok''. However they return to their hostile status after 4/5 seconds...

rugaard

Post by rugaard » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 03:24

same thing with me, however my situation is different because its in split space, and annoyingly the same sector as a shipyard. and i believe this happened after i completed a big protect mission against 2 m6s (big to me because i was flying an m3 at the time with a TL next to the station i was protecting)

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 04:32

This has happened to me before in Boron space & it was a Thresher that was red. I think it has to do with mission taking. Once you opt to take a mission and get someone to bail there might still be a problem of a bigger slower ship (in my case a Thresher) Having the bailed ship selected as a target or enemy. This does not change even after the player claims such a ship and even if you fly the ship yourself. There is only a few options that you can take.

#1 Let the red ship destroy any newly acquired ships that bailed for you.

#2 Nuke the Bastard.

#3 If it is a big ship then Board it.

#4 Do #1 and place a few fighters to protect said ship after it goes grey. This way you can wait for it to enter pirate space then nuke it.
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

rugaard

Post by rugaard » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 05:44

efernal wrote:This has happened to me before in Boron space & it was a Thresher that was red. I think it has to do with mission taking. Once you opt to take a mission and get someone to bail there might still be a problem of a bigger slower ship (in my case a Thresher) Having the bailed ship selected as a target or enemy. This does not change even after the player claims such a ship and even if you fly the ship yourself. There is only a few options that you can take.

#1 Let the red ship destroy any newly acquired ships that bailed for you.

#2 Nuke the Bastard.

#3 If it is a big ship then Board it.

#4 Do #1 and place a few fighters to protect said ship after it goes grey. This way you can wait for it to enter pirate space then nuke it.
doesnt work if there arnt any recently acquired ships, and its target was me not any of my other ships in the system, annoyingly its an m7, i should be able to get one myself but i dont have a team of marines ready

Rapier
x3tc

Re: Paranid hostility problem

Post by Rapier » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 10:05

fluffy_destroyer_of_world wrote:edit: running version 2.5 terran conflict
Wasn't this fixed in a more recent patch?
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

stavros
x4

Post by stavros » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 10:07

are there any other ships that are constantly flying along with the ship that is hostile to you???

If so, have you tried apologising to them as well?

It's not always the hostile ship that you have to say sorry to to make it go back to fiendly.
He who fires the first shot, admits he has lost the argument

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 12:57

Of course you could always just cheat kill it.

I had an R game where I made the Argon angry at me some how, and then after getting back in their good graces, I had a Cerberus that wouldn't leave me alone. Finally had to let my Raptor unleash it's power and kill it.

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 13:04

Build a Ore Mine on top of it :twisted:
X3 TC
Trade: Tycoon
Fight: X-Treme

rugaard

Re: Paranid hostility problem

Post by rugaard » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 16:11

Rapier wrote:
fluffy_destroyer_of_world wrote:edit: running version 2.5 terran conflict
Wasn't this fixed in a more recent patch?
my version is 2.7.1

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 21:07

brattbags01 wrote:Build a Ore Mine on top of it :twisted:
Better if it's a Bio Gas Factory, at least they can smell the death coming down on top of them :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”