M6 Centaur Weapons Load Out

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mateus090985
x3tc

M6 Centaur Weapons Load Out

Post by Mateus090985 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 20:39

Hello Hive Mind!

I am quitte new to the game. The X3: Terran Conflict is my first game of the franchine and had never played other "space simulator" before it.
Now I have one Complex runnig, +- 15 TS doing Universe Trade, one M7, 2 M6, 2 TM and 8 M3. But... until now I cant say what weapons loads out are better for each of my ships... I cant tell where one combination will crash my energy or not or witch weapons are better for turrets. I have search a lot in tutorials but they did not helped me a lot. What I normaly do? I open one this site (http://eng.x3tc.ru/) and use their statistcs for buy my weapons and missiles but I realized that I cant put the weapons based only in the numbers that they give me.

So I would be very happy if you guys could give me a hand in my choices.

For my M6 Argon Centaur I put:
Main: Concussion Impulse Generator x6; Ion Pulse Generator x2
Turret 1/2: High Energy Plasma Thrower x1 (Attack All Enemys)
Turret 3: High Energy Plasma Thrower x1 (Missile Defense)

I know that this set is broken, but need some advice.
For the missiles I dont have a clue of what is better...

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 20:48

take out the HEPTs and put in PAC / PRG.

only use that frontal loadout IF you are only going to engage other m6. for a more balanced loadout, go with 2 CIG and 6 HEPT.

silentmaster101

Post by silentmaster101 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 20:50

that setup will ruin you energywise.

also Hept's are too slow to hit a good number of missiles. use PAC's or IRE's.

I prefer Impulse Ray Emitter's because they use very little energy and are fast.

If you want any type of sustained fire on that thing, you will never have more that 4 of the energy heavy weapons like CIG's, or Ion Shard Railguns.

But if you want to keep HEPT's in the turrets, i would suggest you try out Energy Bolt Chainguns. they use very little energy and have good range and damage.

So maybe 2x CIG 6x EBC.
PACs or HEPTs in the sides
IRE in back.

As for missiles.

Typhoon for larger fighters
Wasp for small fighters
Tornado for caps.

Tornado's are very underrated. they fire 8 missiles at once doing big damage, but they are unguided. but if you fire them at slow cap ships, you have easy hits. just remember to pad them with wasps so they dont shoot them all down.

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 21:05

Thanks for the input =). But tell me something... HOW can I see how much energy each weapons uses? If I know that I think that I can cauculate a good outfit. Do you know some link that shows this information because the one that I use dont show the energy cosumed.

silentmaster101

Post by silentmaster101 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 21:18

unfortunately, i think you have to buy and equip one to see.

unless there is a spreadsheet someplace.

because eng.x3tc.ru doesn't have energy use values listed.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 21:36

If you find a place that sells them, you can click on it and then press 'i' for information.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 21:42

personal --> advanced --> encyclopedia. gives you how much energy each weapon uses.

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 21:49

I have be taking a look and the Phased Repeater Gun looks better for Missile defense. Has the best speed betewen the eapons that the Centaur can equip, a descent range and good shield and hull damage. But dont know about the energy consunption...=(
For the side turrets for my Centaur I am betewen PAC, EBC and PRG. EBC has the better damage and reach of the 3,and if I understad right it dont consumes energy. I will set then to Attack All Enemys. But how can I tellthe computer to keep the amunnition for the EBC? Because the Centaur will be controled by the computer and I dont know how to dont make him run out of ammo.

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 22:01

Thaks a lot =)

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 22:02

silentmaster101 wrote:As for missiles.

Wasp for small fighters
Tornado for caps.

Tornado's are very underrated. they fire 8 missiles at once doing big damage, but they are unguided. but if you fire them at slow cap ships, you have easy hits. just remember to pad them with wasps so they dont shoot them all down.
Why dont use the Hammerhads, Firestorm or Hornet?

Mortis494
x3tc

Post by Mortis494 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 22:06

In the ships console press 'G' to get to the weapons, scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll find the missile and ammo re-supply levels. you can set how much of each you want it to carry here. Whenever the ship docks at a station that has stock of the needed wares it will automatically buy enough to meet this level (using player account funds, or the funds of its home station, if it has one). This is a very hand feature especially if you have a certain 'special' location which can hold lots of everything.....
Wanton Nukes and the Path to Galactic Conquest - Pilot of the 'Last Resort'
Who needs Facebook? We've got the X-Universe Forum :)

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 22:14

I know about tihs command. My doubt is how to garantee that the ship will suplly himself and runs out of ammo. I will not be flying it, it will probably stay patrolling some not so friendly sector with my M7 and 2 TMs and theirs M3s. With this option will he resuply? He will search for ammo when needed?

Mortis494
x3tc

Post by Mortis494 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 22:33

Sorry mate but once given a combat command the ship will not deviate to restock ammo. Generally stocks last a while (unless they're patrolling a Kha'ak or Xenon sector :o ). I would check on their freight holds remotely every 24-48 hours of game time and if needed send in a TS follow then with a transporter device - it can beam over more stock and then bug out.

Another alternative is the resupply ships command, but this gets a little more complicated if you are trying to do different types of ships in different sectors.

Me, I avoid ammo based weapons for my sector defence vessels and keep them for taskforces only.
Wanton Nukes and the Path to Galactic Conquest - Pilot of the 'Last Resort'
Who needs Facebook? We've got the X-Universe Forum :)

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 22:46

Can I be honest? Mass Drivers full on the Centaur or Heavy Centaur. Why? You will see when you try.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 03:17

Twest09 wrote:Can I be honest? Mass Drivers full on the Centaur or Heavy Centaur. Why? You will see when you try.
On the standard Centaur sure, but on a Heavy Centaur/HCP put PBG's all around......BBQ time. :D

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 03:19

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
Twest09 wrote:Can I be honest? Mass Drivers full on the Centaur or Heavy Centaur. Why? You will see when you try.
On the standard Centaur sure, but on a Heavy Centaur/HCP put PBG's all around......BBQ time. :D
Lol true, PBGs on a Heavy Centaur/HCP is like sloooow roaster :lol:

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 14:02

Plasma Burst Generators (PBG) are great if you can get them but if you've not got any of the factories on your side then you'll need to find a non-hostile pirate station within 3 sectors and they might have a station hack on offer. Sometimes you'll find these on regular stations too but it is much more common on pirate ones. Just look for the big white light bulb missions and check them to see if any are hacks.

If you can't wait for this then there are other options. I like the Energy Bolt Chaingun (EBC) It is an ammo based weapon so as long as you have a few crates in your cargo hold it will keep firing until the cows come home. I would combine 6 of those with 2 Concussion Impulse Generators (CIG) on the main guns.

On the turrets I would be inclined to use Phased Repeater Guns (PRG) They are fast and hit missiles well.

Impulse Ray Emitters (IRE) Are faster and use less energy but their shorter range means they might not hit a torpedo in time to avoid its blast radius.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

silentmaster101

Post by silentmaster101 » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 14:59

mateusbuffone@click21.com wrote:
silentmaster101 wrote:As for missiles.

Wasp for small fighters
Tornado for caps.

Why dont use the Hammerhads, Firestorm or Hornet?

i find they do not target tornado's as much, my guess is because they are dumbfire. and tornado's do 50k times 8 per missile at almost twice the speed of the larger ones.

plus if one of the missiles gets destroyed, it is still 50k times 7. if a hammerhead or firestorm gets destroyed, then you do 0.

also, they have much smaller blast radius so if they get destroyed as you launch them, you only take a little damage as opposed to taking 80% of a hammerhead's damage. that also means it has a lesser chance of hitting fighters flying around the cap ship, since i usually have a good amount of fighter support.

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 15:20

Why PBG??? They have mediocre range, shield and hull damage and and horrible speed!

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 15:33

mateusbuffone@click21.com wrote:Why PBG??? They have mediocre range, shield and hull damage and and horrible speed!
Oh my a sceptic!

Give them a shot and you'll see why.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”