[TC] Earth Torus Navigation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Earth Torus Navigation

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 01:46

I’m doing an ambush on spawning Tyrs in Moon Sector, so I need Jump Drives. Energy, transporters and docking computers are available in Moon Sector, but each capped Tyr needs a JD. Earth Torus sells Jump Drives, but their Lasertowers blew me up earlier in the game.

I sent a few ships to Earth Torus. I did an Earth Torus shuttle, buying a Jump Drive, jumping to the Asteroid Belt, going through Mars and Venus to dock at Moon sector Shipyard. There I transferred the JD, and then went to Earth Torus again. It worked.

I also tried sending a ship from the Moon without a JD to Earth Torus. I bought the ship a JD, made sure Autojump was set to No, and told it dock at Moon sector Shipyard. It did. It was not blown up. So Earth Torus can be okay if you are OOS.

I hope this helps.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 02:48

cap a tm, fill it with any old m4 and you can transfer 5 at a time.

That or 5 Kestrels. speed 605, each with a JD.

Proper job!
Dying stupidly since 2004

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 03:11

The lasertowers prob blew u up because u didnt have the required rank
(ATF Terran rank: Earth access) to enter that system which u get only after completing the terran plot, and even then if u stray too far away from the docking area they will perceive u as a threat, thats why u have to dock there manually and not through autopilot which takes u into those danger zones through the avoidance of collisions
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”