Asteroids with no yield

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Asteroids with no yield

Post by BeidAmmikon » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 21:28

In X3:TC, how much does one get out of a mine (Ore/Silicon, M/L) placed an asteroid with Yield: 0?
See, I badly need a local Silicon mine for a complex, and the only Silicon asteroid that's left in the sector is of 0 yield.
Thanks for speedy assistance :)

Also related to 0 - I've bought several second-hand ships (for example, the last one was an Express Hauler) which carried no missiles, but in the Weapons info window there was stated: 0 Firelance - I had to uninstall these non-existent missiles by hand...
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 21:42

If there's debris about, it may be worth getting a freighter to collect rocks rather than put a mine on a 0 yield 'roid.
Dying stupidly since 2004

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 21:59

Just install some other appropriate missile type to cancel the ship zero missile type selection. You may see some replacement order settings for those initial missiles in the ship restocking list that you might want to cancel too.

A zero yield asteroid mine will produce some stuff but very, very slowly and not really getting value for money - but if needs must then I suppose it may be better then nothing and if you cannot mobile-mine or reliably import the stuff by ship.

Hyppe
x3tc

Post by Hyppe » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 22:13

Silicon Mine L on 0 yield asteroid produces 7 silicon/hr according to Xadrian. I don't really see any use of it, unless you are really just missing 7 or less per hour to make complex run properly.

If you import Mercury full of Silicon, it's same as running the mine ~24 hours :P

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 22:55

The advantage of 0yield roids is making more storage space within a complex.

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 23:06

TTD wrote:The advantage of 0yield roids is making more storage space within a complex.
Seemingly yes...
I was just about to ask rhetorically what's their purpose exactly, other than being something more for the autopilot to crash you into :twisted:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 27. Aug 10, 21:10

There are apparently implementation reasons for the yield 0.

As to why there is Fool's Gold in the game? For atmosphere? :roll:

I do mine Silicon Wafers out of Ore Asteroids. Talk about desperate ...

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Fri, 27. Aug 10, 23:13

iirc if you get 25 zero yield silicon or 5 zero yield ore stations set up you can start supporting stuff... had started a complex in X3R to use an unknown sector.

But now mobile mining would be the better route. CLS to transfer or a Falcon Hauler with a TM mining.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”