[TC] Were to go and repair your ship when it is damaged.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Boo8er
x3tc

Were to go and repair your ship when it is damaged.

Post by Boo8er » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 02:40

My ship got heavaly dammaged in the custom game on X3 gold edition and I would like to know how to repair the ship. I am a noob to the game so I don't know where a repair station is or how to get to one, Or how to repair ny ship.

Boo8er
x3tc

How to repair my ship?

Post by Boo8er » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 05:58

I have already asked this question but did not get the answer that I like but I was wondering how do repair my ship?

I don't know how but I would like to know how to do that.

the person that answered my question gave me a link to a FAQ fourm that did not help

I am playing in custom game on X3 terran conflict gold edition,
I accedentaly bumped into another space station and I would like to know how to fix my ship. I am not sure on how to do it but I would like to know.

My ships shields are at 100% and my hull at 8%

I have about 1,569 Cr and It said that I would have to repair in the 4,000 area.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 06:04

Dude it took me a total of twenty seconds in the FAQ I had my wife time me with a watch and looky what I found.

http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/inde ... ee9b22f35f

Carlo the Curious
x4

Re: How to repair my ship?

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 06:07

Boo8er wrote:the person that answered my question gave me a link to a FAQ fourm that did not help
A link to a page where the very first article is "How do I repair a ship?" was not helpful? How so?

Twest09
x3tc

Re: How to repair my ship?

Post by Twest09 » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 06:10

Carlo the Curious wrote:
Boo8er wrote:the person that answered my question gave me a link to a FAQ fourm that did not help
A link to a page where the very first article is "How do I repair a ship?" was not helpful? How so?
Because you didn't come out and give him his answer directly I am assuming, see you showed him the FAQ and instead of browsing that he just wanted immediate satisfaction without himself having to do any work at all. :roll:

Give a man some fish and he will eat for a night and still be hungry. Teach a man to fish and they will eat for a lifetime. :idea:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 08:31

Topics merged. Please don't post multiple threads on the same topic, it's considered to be spam round these parts.

Panther_Clipper
x3tc

Post by Panther_Clipper » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 13:00

If you only have 1569 Cr then you will not be able to repair your ship at a shipyard cos it will cost too much.

Eject from your ship by pressing SHIFT+E and 'shoot' your space ship, the spacesuit is fitted with a repair laser. Be warned however that this could take some time...

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 13:04

And remember that your spacesuit has only limited lifesupport (2 hours or so). No important to know for repairing ships, but one never knows... (as in "Bring 10 ships where 2 will suffice...) :D

CKTMC
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

Boo8er
x3tc

Post by Boo8er » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 05:31

The link to the FAQ did not help at all I thought it was kind of useless when I was reading it. I could not understand it.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 06:01

1) Get out of your ship while it is still in space and not docked at any station (shift + E).

2) Shoot your ship while you are in your space suit and facing the ship (this will be your repair laser).

I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

stavros
x4

Post by stavros » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 10:18

maybe using single syllables would help
He who fires the first shot, admits he has lost the argument

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 11:00

Boo8er wrote:The link to the FAQ did not help at all I thought it was kind of useless when I was reading it. I could not understand it.
What didn't you understand, exactly?

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 12:46

Let's see if you don't understand this :

There are several ways you can repair one of your ships if it's damaged:

* At a shipyard

o Order your ship to dock at the shipyard.

o Once it has docked open the shipyard trade window. Note that if you are not docked yourself then to do this you will need Trading System Extension software installed on your ship.

o You should see your ship listed twice in the trade screen - once under 'Repair Ships' and again under 'Sell Ships'. Note that the price listed for the repair is for each percentage point of hull damage, not the total cost!

o Highlight the ship in the 'Repair Ships' section using the Up/Down cursor keys, then use the Left/Right cursor keys to select the amount of damage to repair (or the End key to repair all damage). The total cost is shown on the lower right. Finally, hit Enter to confirm the transaction.

* At the player headquarters (should you have one). The process is described in this FAQ article.

* In space using the repair laser:

o Fly near to the ship you want to repair, and then eject from your own ship (or just eject, if you want to repair your personal ship).

o Target the ship you want to repair (this isn't strictly necessary, but lets you see the hull state).

o Make sure you're within 2km of the target ship, centre the targetting reticule on the ship, and then press and hold fire. You'll see the repair laser hitting the target ship, and the hull damage will slowly decrease. The laser repairs a little more than 10 hull a second, so it can take a long time to fix ships this way - but it is free!

Note: Using the repair laser on ships that you do not own will normally be treated as an attack.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”