Bala Gi Grand Exchange

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Slix36

Bala Gi Grand Exchange

Post by Slix36 » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 18:06

So, when im trying to do the Bala Gi missions i get to the one where you need to protect the Energy Transporter from about 2 Pirate M3s. "This'll be cake!" i thought, forgetting that i had recently swapped to my new nova that didn't have any weapons yet.

Obviously when i realised i changed my mind and headed for the nearest decent weapons factory i could find, i didnt have a jump drive either so it took a little while. after getting some Alpha HEPTs from Interworlds i began my trip back to Grand Exchange.

Of course Energy Transporters kept spawning every so often, and as such so did the pirates, so, when i returned to the sector there were too many M3s for me to handle. I tried getting some more M3s as back up, but once again the number of pirates had reached the point where i couldn't do anything about them with what i had (around 20-30 pirate ships, i couldn't count them, i was busy xD).

I'm thinking of buing a ton of fighter drones to try and draw their fire whilst i take them down but i have no idea how successful this will be considering i have no idea how many pirates will be camping outside the gate when i try it.

So, does anyone have any advice? or should i just wait until i have some massive fleet of carriers and destroyers and hope that it's not as heavily populated as some Xenon sectors or something? >.<

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 18:23

I don't suppose you have a save from before accepting the mission? Because it might be a long while before you can succeed and the pirates will simply keep spawning and probably crash the game long before you can get back.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 18:36

You may want to back up to a earlier save before that mission. The pirate ship numbers will keep just keep growing at a steady rate. If allowed to go on long enough there could very well be so many ships in the sector that the game just CTDs when you try to jumpin. Well, that's what happened to me when I triggered this bug.

If things haven't degraded too badly a well piloted LX can get them cleared out after alot of fighting. Long as you can kill them faster than they're being spawned you'll finaly win. Getting one TS safely to the SPP will turn off the spawning alltogether.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Slix36

Post by Slix36 » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 18:39

Unfortunately not, i overwrote the saved game as soon as i landed at the station with a new one.

i am getting a half decent amount of money every hour though, so perhaps i could by a ton of Busters instead of half as many Novas and outfit them all with Mass Drivers.

i have no idea really, aint done any large fleet warfare at all, just a load of trading, that's why i'm asking for ideas, =/

silentmaster101

Post by silentmaster101 » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 19:04

missile spam. a nova with a pile of wasps for small ships will clear them out quick. then just conventionally fight the m3's. or get typhoons, but those are harder to find, and take up more space.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 19:16

I thought this one was fixed :gruebel:

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 19:30

When I'm stuck with a bug in a game like this which is out of my control and isn't supposed to be happening within the context of gameplay, I have no problem using a cheat to resolve it. A game spoiling bug is an exception to my personal rule of using no cheats (ruins the game imo).

But that's just me.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”