[TC] Squash Mines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

laff
x3tc

Squash Mines

Post by laff » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 20:29

Sooo, i accidentally managed to acquire a paranid squash mine factory (by falling asleep and missing the deadline on a build mission) damn this addictive gameplay.

anyways - do these things sell well? any hints on location ? is it worth the hassle of building these into a paranid complex (that i dont currently have) I cant imagine i'll use them, so for sales only.

and are squash mines and/or the factory illegal anywhere

as a side question, is it possible to transport stations between TLs?

thanks all

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 20:33

squash mines, i think are illegal everywhere except terran / unknown / pirate. the factory doesnt appear to be illegal in paranid space, as i had mine in unholy descent.

they sell very well

pretty sure you can do that when both are docked at a station.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 20:34

They sell very well (Booze/Weed well) and are fun to use.

SQUASH mines are illegal in both Boron and Argon sectors. If a Factory trader dealing in them is caught in those sectors they'll be forced to eject them, but that's it.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

laff
x3tc

Post by laff » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 01:54

cheers guys, anyone know if the factoties themselves are legal in argon space?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 02:07

If the factory in question is owned by the player. The Argon and Boron miltary patrols will destroy it just like player owned booze/weed factories in their sectors.

If it's owned by the NPCs they won't touch it.

The mercenary code

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 03:49

Well matey if your going to deal in the dodgy stuff make your name in in the pirate secors and become a real pirate, Sod the races there all 2 faced anyhow I have argon traders buying my weed,booze and mines anyhow.

If its illegal I sell it :D

Here is a good tip for a very profitable complex once your well in with certain pirate sects spaceweed/Spacefuel/Squash Mines/Disintigrator Riffles.
You will make a fortune out of them believe me but u need pirate space to build them in not a race sector. So get well in with the local Pirates in that area and u got no worries then. :wink:

Gizmocat
x3tc

Post by Gizmocat » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 06:30

SQUASH are legal in Teladi space as well - check the encyclopedia under races - there's a list of illegal goods.
The Boron Viking Brigade will live!

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 00:53

you say squash mines sell well, but they arent produced quickly, but i suppose if you up the price then you will be doing ok

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 00:58

My next project is going and dropping a whole boat load of these in some xenon sectors :D

laff
x3tc

Post by laff » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 12:56

gr8 replies so far, cheers.

gonna try the illegals complex next i think, any tips on placement?

also are illegal plexes worth defending? if so what is an appropriate force, my empire is a little short on firepower so i will have to invest ... or aquire :twisted:

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 13:30

ive heard that Heretics End is a good place, as nothing is illegal in Terran space, it doesnt get invaded as far as i know and commonwealth have access, also if your friends with pirates there

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 14:46

Heretics end and Elysium of light are ok sites. Although lack of asteroids means they have to be open loop.
My personal favorite is the unknown sector east of montallar. Safe as houses, surrounded by customers and has lots of resources. Closed loop illegal goods complexes are like credit printing machines.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 15:04

Well matey theres a few places you can build your dodgy complexs safely but personally I feel at home in Pirate space and thats were I have my biggist weed production plant. :wink: (What in the old day was known as pirate Allie)

All my complexs are what some would call open as none produce there own energy cells well not enough to sustain the complex anyhow I have a huge power plant in Mines of Fortune producing all my energy needs for all my complexs and I have a fleet of Minstrels on an endless loop suppling my other plants.

Give u an idea how big the power plant is there is no silicon astriods left in Mines of Fortune now :D My plant produces about 1/2 billion cells an hour and my forever hungry weapons and weed complexs gobble it up :roll: She has about 30 TS's ferrying the stuff all over the universe but mainly to my Big gun workshops in Ore belt which produces most of my weapon and missile needs

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 15:13

Well I appreciate your piratical nature :D But I must point out that pirates are not required to sell illegal wares ;p They may be illegal in main areas, but they are certainly popular!

Personally I prefer to ship crystal to open loops, you need less ships and the numbers are easier to work out xD
But with illegals that sell themselves so well, its nice to completely cut any transports and watch the thing make massive credits out of thin air. Plus the docking clamps are always full :D

Crathes
x4

Post by Crathes » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 16:38

It would be awesome if the actual mines where ejected xD
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

I am THE STIG

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 16:45

eh? They seem to eject quite fine for me, although hostile M5s seem quite allergic to them.

The mercenary code

laff
x3tc

Post by laff » Tue, 7. Sep 10, 21:52

started to knock a plex together in the sector Infekted suggested currently just selling space fuel at the moment but a strange thing is happening..... its not selling.

the only traffic I've had is to but chrystals from me everything is still at avg price.

am i missing something here, or do traffic patterns just vary wildly game to game.

i build the plex near the asteroid field, is that too far out?

speaking of traffic, is legends home always mentally busy?

silentmaster101

Post by silentmaster101 » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 18:36

ships won't just show up. you will have to wait a bit for word to get out and ships to then travel there. sometimes you will have to wait up to a whole game day. also make sure you set price to sell at 1 below avg.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 19:40

Note that each universe is unique, and that one good selling well in a certain player doesn't mean it will sell well for everyone.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Crathes
x4

Post by Crathes » Thu, 9. Sep 10, 09:28

Kor'ah wrote:eh? They seem to eject quite fine for me, although hostile M5s seem quite allergic to them.
There was supposed to be a quote there... O.o
I was referring to this post:
Kor'ah wrote:They sell very well (Booze/Weed well) and are fun to use.

SQUASH mines are illegal in both Boron and Argon sectors. If a Factory trader dealing in them is caught in those sectors they'll be forced to eject them, but that's it.
It would be awesome if they ejected the full load of mines as mines, not just in crates. :P
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

I am THE STIG

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”