[TC] Jumping through a gate while towing

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Jumping through a gate while towing

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 08:30

I am doing the second last mission in the Aldrin Plot, and I cant seem to jump through the gate, and tow the mobile minning base at the same time.. any tips on how to do this??

KLF07

Re: Jumping through a gate while towing

Post by KLF07 » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 08:44

andrewoproiu9 wrote:I am doing the second last mission in the Aldrin Plot, and I cant seem to jump through the gate, and tow the mobile minning base at the same time.. any tips on how to do this??
Just board this TL (using M7M&20 marines) and JUMP it to Aldrin-2 :)

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 08:48

Once you have the tractor beam latched onto the MMBS, allow the autopilot to do the whole thing for you. Once you ship has made it to the next system do nothing. It might take awhile but the MMBS will come through the gate and the tow will reconnect on it's own.

Yeah, trusting the autopilot to do anything right is a scary thought. Unless ship towing got a revamp I don't know about it's your only option.

*Looks up*

That just might work.
Last edited by Kor'ah on Sat, 4. Sep 10, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 08:48

whyyy thank you! :D

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 14:26

It just might work, but it's a bloody million to one chance. ;)

Triaxx' Handy Towing through gates guide.

Put the gate on the left monitor, and the ship being towed on the right monitor. Select the gate monitor and rotate around until you're looking through the back of the gate. Align the ship monitor around until you can see the gate. Then with the tow ship, connect the tractor beam and tow the ship into a position aligned with the gate, using the monitor to see when you're centered. Move your ship between gate and towed ship. Connect beam. Accelerate and head straight through the gate.

On the other side, the ship will come to a stop. Don't do anything. The towed ship will show up after a moment and the beam will auto-reconnect. Now you can continue towing.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 14:34

Triaxx2 wrote:On the other side, the ship will come to a stop. Don't do anything. The towed ship will show up after a moment and the beam will auto-reconnect. Now you can continue towing.
Alternatively, jump to the gate on the opposite side of the same sector before the following ship comes though; the TB will still reconnect, even over many, many kilometres. When it does reconnect, just fly through the next gate. Then go and do whatever you want, the towed ship will continue it's way across the sector.

This little trick was particularly helpful in 'towing' the Hyperion across Maelstrom. ;)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 17:44

okay, second question, about the hyperon, where did you get it, or what mission was that, that you had to tow one back. i really want one, and dont I really dont want to cap one. what mission can you do to win or obtain the hypron?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 17:47

That was in X3R.

In TC you need to cap one, unless you're playing the Poisoned Paranid start.

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 17:56

dammit! lol, thanks though, guess ill just cap one! any tip on how to get one, as "cleanly" as possible. like should i try boarding one, orrrrrr?

thanks for the tips, as well

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 18:05

well andrewoproiu9 only way in TC to get the Hyp is to cap it I'm affraid.

And yes u will have to board it to get it.

I used a vidar to get my first hyp but its up to u what u use just make shore your marines are up to the job.

Drop a sat network in some paronid space and keep an eye out for them.There is always 2 flying around somewere in paronid space once you find one put a tail on it like a kessie or something to keep track on its movements and then just wait your time to attack :wink:

One of the motos in X is THINK so I'll let u workout best time to make your move and if like me you use your vidar you may need to slow her down a bit so you will need to do a bit of hull damage first but not to much mind.
You can always repair her later when shes yours :wink:
Last edited by Spaceweed Adict on Sat, 4. Sep 10, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 18:06

thank you very much, veryyyyyyyyyyyy helpful. and will do. I always wanted one of those ship, i like the idea of docking ships to an M6, thanks alot! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”