First M6 Help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pauldobs
x3

First M6 Help

Post by pauldobs » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 22:56

Hi,

I'm flying around in my trusty Nova Vanguard at the moment, have about 10mil in the bank and think it's about time for a new ship!!

Any suggestions on a good M6 at this point? or is a M3+ a better option?

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 22:59

I always give this advice, do the Terran plot and you will get one of the best M6's in the game for free, the Vidar. Do some quick taxi missions in Terran space by getting the derelict Iguana Vanguard until you can outfit the Vidar with 10 MAMLs.

Mortis494
x3tc

Post by Mortis494 » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 23:00

Centaur is a decent 'first' M6, it will serve well until you get some marines trained and then you can use it to board a better one like the Heavy Centaur Prototype or the Hyperion Vanguard.
Wanton Nukes and the Path to Galactic Conquest - Pilot of the 'Last Resort'
Who needs Facebook? We've got the X-Universe Forum :)

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 23:01

Well if your flying a Nova nip over to Omni and get onto the terrans they give u an M6 for free :wink:

pauldobs
x3

Post by pauldobs » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 23:26

Thanks for the replies...

Just been looking at the Vidar but the Katana (which you can buy) seems equal if not better?

I was thinking about a Centaur but again the Katana looks better and is cheaper?

Am I missing something?? :?

Thanks

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 23:31

well argon have m6 and m6+ the terrans dont have these, just one m6 the katana so its somewhere in between an m6 and m6+ its pretty decent tbh, would be a good choice,

i recommend the hydra for the commonwealth, its very versatile and i dont rly like m6+'s because by the time uve given it weps shields and missiles u have barely any room for jump energy.

the vidar is better than the katana due to 10 m/mals in the front guns, and it turns like an m3, very powerful if not over powered. but it is a freebie so if u want to buy one then sure the katana or hydra imo
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 23:40

you_rebel_scum wrote:well argon have m6 and m6+ the terrans dont have these, just one m6 the katana so its somewhere in between an m6 and m6+ its pretty decent tbh, would be a good choice,

i recommend the hydra for the commonwealth, its very versatile and i dont rly like m6+'s because by the time uve given it weps shields and missiles u have barely any room for jump energy.

the vidar is better than the katana due to 10 m/mals in the front guns, and it turns like an m3, very powerful if not over powered. but it is a freebie so if u want to buy one then sure the katana or hydra imo
Good advice.

Now to elaborate. The Vidar is probably the third best M6 in the game, the other two slots are argued by the ships' enthusiasts and those would be the Springblossom and the Hyperion. The Springblossom like the Vidar is a Terran ship and can be obtained by completing parts of the Terran plot.

The Vidar is free and has 10 mounted main guns... more than any other M6 in the game. It's got serious firepower. Mid-range speed and handles like a fighter. In fact it trounces any M3+ in stats alone, and it is a Capital Ship killer. It's a serious ship.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 23:51

Can I do it?

Should I do it?

Ok I'm going to do it!

SPRINGBLOSSOM!!!

*Runs and hides*
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Re: First M6 Help

Post by you_rebel_scum » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 00:01

pauldobs wrote:Any suggestions on a good M6 at this point?
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

borgrel

Post by borgrel » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 00:02

i personally like the xenon P .... kind of slow, but it can actually turn, making it more of an M3 with LOADS of shields, heavier weapons than any M3 can mount and most importantly......lots of marines

and since there r slower M3's and M3's with close to the same turning rate (29 rpm compared to 24) i feel perfectly content claiming the P to be the best fighter u can get.

unfortunately u need to capture these, u cant just buy 1

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 00:15

borgrel wrote:i personally like the xenon P .... kind of slow, but it can actually turn, making it more of an M3 with LOADS of shields, heavier weapons than any M3 can mount and most importantly......lots of marines

and since there r slower M3's and M3's with close to the same turning rate (29 rpm compared to 24) i feel perfectly content claiming the P to be the best fighter u can get.

unfortunately u need to capture these, u cant just buy 1
So that suggestion really isn't relevant to this thread now is it? Especially since he will need highly trained marines(4 x 5*) to capture Xenon vessels and that takes forever to accomplish.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 15:35

Hydra loaded up with EBCs. It's nothing fancy but gets the job done as a personal M6. Good speed, good sheilds and a good sized cargo hold.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Callidus Thorn
x3tc

Post by Callidus Thorn » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 15:55

I'd say Argon Centaur, good all round, good turret placement and can mount IonD.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 16:05

Split say: Want play trade, other M6 okay. Want Fight, Dragon, Heavy Dragon crush foe.

Seriously though, they're the fastest Corvettes, aside from the Cheatblossom. Plus they pack MD's in all mounts. And have the speed and cargo to take advantage of them.

Plus, you know, no need to prop up the Terran Failconomy to find missiles for them. :D

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 16:22

Now im one of the few on the forums who are actualy like the paranid :P

So i say nemesis.

Excellent all rounder however unlike the argon centaur it is more tuned to fight than to fight/trade.

For combat needs a nemesis is able to meet your needs with good shields, energy levels, speed, sleek looks, ability to catch up to fleeting vettes and cap ships and it looks far cooler than the cheatblossom ;)

There is my totally unprejudiced 100% authentic response :D

Captain C

Callidus Thorn
x3tc

Post by Callidus Thorn » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 16:52

I completely agree about the Nemesis being tuned to fight, but I do have one reservation on that point. It only has a rear facing turret. In a fighter, that isn't a problem, in a corvette, it can become a problem. Missiles and fighter swarms are easier to handle in a Centaur because of it's better turret coverage. This is only in my experience however, and I haven't used the Nemesis a huge amount.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 20:10

Given a choice of any M6, I'd have either the Hyperion or the Hydra.

The Hyperion is a lovely personal ship, what with it's docking facilities, huge
cargo hold and ability to fire the Wraith missile. It is an almost perfect "Jack of all trades" ship.

But if you look at an M6 from a "Can it get me out of really deep S**t", then the Hydra is hard to beat. Prorities being cargo space for
missiles (the Typhoon can dig you out of really deep doodoo like nothing this side of a PSG),
and speed, so you can position yourself to fire them.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 20:11

Well if we are talking about the Nemesis then I must mention the Heavy Nemesis, it is tuned to fight, has a larger amount of weapon mounts, and is the coolest looking M6 you can find. Add a turbo booster and it's just as fast as you would need. I do however recommend a few wingmen to accompany it for the faster M4, and M5s... but as for a first M6 I still suggest the Vidar on the principle that it is free and has a considerable amount of forward firepower.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 21:45

I chose the Heavy Dragon awhile back when I was asking myself this question, and while it has now been relegated to Sector Patrol Duty, it was a capable ship though mostly due to it's speed. I'd have to agree that a Heavy Nemesis is probably one of the better personal Corvettes out there.

But here's the kicker, as good as the Nemesis and the Dragon are the ship that really tows the line in a fleet is the good ol' Heavy Centaur! Aside from it's proven battlefield credentials the HCentaur is a sturdy personal ship too. With the right loadout and missiles you can pretty much fly anywhere with a moderate amount of impunity. You won't be chasing down any M2s or even an M7 but you'll be chuckling at any fighters foolish enough to try and swarm you. Ahem, massive plasma overdose anyone?

You know I really don't like those Paranid, but for as much as they aggravate me with their three eyes and silly Star Trek ships I think the Terrans deserve an equal if not greater hatred. They're just a waste of good sectors if you ask me! Selling their crappy Ice and MRE's, ugh... get bent, the sector with the massive rock is a massive fail.

Sorry for the Anti-Terran rant but someone mentioned Paranid-Haters so seeing as how you can't really make fun of Terran ships and their firepower...

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 22:24

You mean the truly ugly Terran ships? Sure you can make fun of them.

I love the Nemesis, or I used to. In R, it was the bomb. The freebie was the first Vette I ever owned, and I loved it madly. But the lack of rear PSG in the TC version gimps it beyond belief. Now I have to actually worry about M5's instead of knowing that those long sweeping attacks will bring them into the arc of the death spewer. And missiles can now hit me. This I truly do not like.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”