pirate rep and slaves

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

biggie1447
x3ap

pirate rep and slaves

Post by biggie1447 » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 03:14

2 things
1 what is the best way to increase rep with pirates? (other than illegal factories)

2 can I convert astronauts to slaves at pirate bases when I am oos?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 03:21

1. Take missions offered by Pirate representatives or trade.

2. Yes, if you have the Trading System Extension installed. Don't recall if the AI ship needs to have it board (granted I buy virtually all ship software for my ships, needed or not).

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 03:36

The reason I asked about the slaves because I tried once and couldn't sell them.

terrigat
x3tc

Post by terrigat » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 05:17

That is something I've been wondering about recently. What is the indicator that a mission is gonna give you pirate rep. Is it because you get a mission from a pirate station or do you have to just pay attention to the Comm portrait?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 06:03

biggie1447 wrote:The reason I asked about the slaves because I tried once and couldn't sell them.
Odd, the only time I've seen a Pirate Base even be close to full on Slaves is just after a respawn.

terrigat wrote:That is something I've been wondering about recently. What is the indicator that a mission is gonna give you pirate rep. Is it because you get a mission from a pirate station or do you have to just pay attention to the Comm portrait?
IIRC it's the Comm portrait.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Wed, 8. Sep 10, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 06:22

The base was empty of all slaves. I couldn't just sell them as slaves, nor could I convert them into slaves.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 06:35

To convert a passenger/boarding troop into a slave you have to go into the "Freight" option (cargo bay) of the ship in question, highlight/click on a given individual, and there should be an "Enslave" option.

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 14:51

I did try that but when I clicked on them there was no option to enslave them. I am going to try it personally when I get back home. Hopefully it will make a difference.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 19:26

biggie1447 wrote:I did try that but when I clicked on them there was no option to enslave them. I am going to try it personally when I get back home. Hopefully it will make a difference.
That means you were on a wrong type of a pirate base. Bases that sell mercenaries do not allow converting astronauts to slaves.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 19:32

kurush wrote:
biggie1447 wrote:I did try that but when I clicked on them there was no option to enslave them. I am going to try it personally when I get back home. Hopefully it will make a difference.
That means you were on a wrong type of a pirate base. Bases that sell mercenaries do not allow converting astronauts to slaves.
Are you sure? Cause at Pirate Bases that I bought Mercenaries, I was enslaving the ones that were worthless so I could recoup at least a little bit of my credits back.

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 20:30

It was a pirate anarchy port.

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 21:29

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
kurush wrote:
Are you sure? Cause at Pirate Bases that I bought Mercenaries, I was enslaving the ones that were worthless so I could recoup at least a little bit of my credits back.
Ive only tried enslaving once, and it was at one where i could buy merc's however it wasnt the mercenary training place it was just one of those random pirate bases which sold some (like military outposts)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 22:39

All pirate bases will convert and buy slaves; at least, I've never found one that didn't (except that special plot-related one). Rehab centers, anarchy ports and all other pirate-owned stations will not convert passengers to slaves.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 22:55

Ok well I got the slaves sorted out. But will military patrols destroy a space fuel fact in split fire? I would really like to stop the majority of attacks on my freighter fleet.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 23:02

They shouldn't, unless you're an enemy to them, and your complex just happens to be within firing distance of their turrets as they pass through the sector. Otherwise, you're safe from the good guys, but I wouldn't bet on the bad guys. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 23:26

So the military will not attack on purpose? I can build outside the main trade lanes. I just didn't want them to make a bee line strait to my factory.

Well not much that I can do about the enemy pirates. That is why I am trying to make nice.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 23:28

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote: Are you sure? Cause at Pirate Bases that I bought Mercenaries, I was enslaving the ones that were worthless so I could recoup at least a little bit of my credits back.
Things change in X universe but I definitely remember that I had to look for a non-merc pirate base to convert and then sell the astronauts I accumulated. Could be a bug that got eventually fixed. It actually looks like a bug :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”