Kha'ak all over the place

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Malaclypseredring
x3tc

Kha'ak all over the place

Post by Malaclypseredring » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 23:34

Okay. So I know everyone around here says that "GoD" removes stations and such from the game. I recently started a new game, and was doing my thing, exploring and planning and such. I thought everything was fine until I came across Akeela's Beacon....

WHOA :o 5 Kha'ak M2s and 2 Kha'ak M1s and about a billion fighters, all of them just tearing Akeela a new beacon. All of the factories were destroyed in the system.

This evidence leads me to believe there is no GoD. Just a big, giant, hairy Kha'ak swarm.

Would someone enlighten me on what the hell is going on? I only started this new game today. On my previous game I never encountered anything like this except for a couple Xenon Qs scattered around the universe doing their thing. Does it have to do with the start(difficulty) that I chose?

burger2

Post by burger2 » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 23:39

Having khaak invade a sector isn't uncommon at the start of a game in the x3 series. It is a random chance. You can either go to a save before the sector was generated (you entered it) or you can let it be. The sector willl eventually be repopulated with stations.

Da-V-Man
x4

Re: Kha'ak all over the place

Post by Da-V-Man » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 23:51

Malaclypseredring wrote:WHOA :o 5 Kha'ak M2s and 2 Kha'ak M1s and about a billion fighters, all of them just tearing Akeela a new beacon.
Lol, I laughed so hard at this!

Anyways I've heard of accounts just like yours, where there is a massive Kha'ak invasion in a sector just at the beginning of the game. Though it's not common, I think it can happen sometimes. In the meantime I would just run, run far away from there for a while.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 00:15

I think the game is programmed to generate one or two of these invasions in random sectors near the start of every game. Most are dealt with by local defense forces long before the player sees them, especially if they happen in Xenon sectors. :xenon: :skull: :khaak:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 00:46

Well I am not sure about the OP, it seems to be a joke. Anyway there is a Global Decision engine. And that is the GoD engine we refer to... mostly it just removes stations that are not getting resources or are unable to sell product because the engine determines that it is a waste of system resources and just cleans them up.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 04:03

I've had this happen, but never on quite that scale (5 M2s? WtH?). And then sometimes the Khaak just seem to keep it up all game, pestering everyone. Other games they send little else than the occasional lolly-gaggin cluster to lurk 80 clicks out of sector center. I wonder about those... maybe they're hunting spaceflies, or perhaps snorting nividium dust?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 05:13

Wow, I haven't seen an invasion like that since Reunion. Back then I had 3 M2's, and an M1 that took up residence in Family Pride, and I never managed to shake them loose.

Back before we had M7M's to bug spray sectors.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”