[TC] Starburst Shockwave Cannon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dareliisko

Starburst Shockwave Cannon

Post by Dareliisko » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 17:55

Is the weapon the Terran equivalent of the cluster flak and flak arty? To help in taking out fighters?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 18:12

Yep, Terran equal to Flak Artillery Array. Does a very good job at munching fighters. Although in many cases the ships that can mount this weapon are immune to fighters already.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 18:22

true but, dont want fighters being pests against freighters or my ship :P probably mount an M7 with them and some on a future M2

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 19:13

They do more damage than FAAs but have slightly slower projectile speed and AoE effect I believe.
They are basically the standard fitting for any slot that cant take PSPs on heavy terran ships.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 22:06

Infekted wrote:They do more damage than FAAs but have slightly slower projectile speed and AoE effect I believe.
They are basically the standard fitting for any slot that cant take PSPs on heavy terran ships.
Slightly, but still significantly powerful. A very good weapon on the Springblossom as well. I consider them fighter snipers.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 13:52

I actually find the SSC to be a little more accurate than the FAA for some reason. Possibly a larger bullet size or something. But either way, fighters evaporate more quickly when I use the SSC. An awesome weapon, though I find the CFA more fun to use.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”