[TC] War with the paranid

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kehoe
x3tc

War with the paranid

Post by Kehoe » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 21:43

Hi everyone

Ive just taken over Heaven Assertion and declared war on the paranid what are the repcussions of this will they send large fleets to destroy me.
At the moment ive had a few M6s and M7 and M7Ms come to get me which i have dealt with but only 1 at a time. I think HA is a core sector which usually means some M1 and some M2s floating around but i have'nt seen any. What have other people experenced when declaring war on a race.

Cheer People

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 22:39

There is usually a group composed of an M2 2xM7s 2/3xM6s and a doezn fighters patroling Paranid space in my game, and they mostly patrol core sectors. You'll see that ships will also spawn in the core sectors, meaning that only blocking the gates will not totaly limit their presence.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 00:16

I haven't really had major conflict with the paranid in vanilla (if thats even what you are using)

But all i can tell you is that the paranid don't screw around you wont hold onto a single sector for long if it is not protected well as over time destroyers E.t.c will come to evict the squatters (namely the player :wink: )
so it is best to take out shipyards in hit and run attacks to slow down spawning then target patrolls of capitol ships in the neighbouring sectors to reduce effectveness of attacks.

if you are using vanilla that is all i am going to risk saying as i havent had much (if any) war experience in vanilla :P

Captain C.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 00:48

Paranid fighting is very messy. You will loose fighters to capitals. You will loose capitals to M7's and M2's. The Paranid believe in bringing artillery pieces to knife fights. Carriers are the worst threats you will face, because they don't know the concept of friendly fire. PSG's are insanely effective, both against capitals and fighters, and will shred you.

Initial attacks should be with hit and run efforts against shipyards and capital shipping. Destroy Shipyards and TL's right away, and then exit before the big birds can reach you. Pop across the sector and use missiles, either M7M's, or conventional missile tactics to bombard the capitals before they get into range.

Once they do start engaging, whether fighters or capitals, stop using missiles and get the M7M's and M8's out of there. PSG's can and will shred your missiles.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 01:50

Actually in my game Paranid cpships were badly fitted, since they at most had IBLs, just a few PPCs and PSGs or even CIGs sometimes, with 90% to 2/3 of max shielding. Meaning they were killed easily by my OOS invasion fleet, AKA 4 Akumas and 4 Deimos with 10 Pikes each.

IS a complete sector is easy to destroy with a single M8 (with resupplying) / M7M, or a well fitted M2, or even M7 with a bit of piloting skills.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 02:42

I've watched Paranid ships a few times, specifically a Deimos that likes to patrol in Savage Spur. I've watched that lone ship fight off IS, a half-dozen heavy fighters, four of them packing with PBG's. They stripped it down to no shields and did just a bit of hull damage. Even badly fitted, it tore apart the entire force without trouble.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 16:04

Essentially even if badly fitted paranid vessels are a force to be reckoned with!

Perfectly balanced for high shield capacity lazer energy

Turret positioning covers all angles

The ability to carry PSG's (if i got the achronym right :shock: )

Balanced towards combat in all aspects!

and all in all the ability to be a completa and utter niusence :rant:

Captain C.

Kehoe
x3tc

My teladi rep

Post by Kehoe » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 23:39

My teladi rep is graduallay going down. not quite sure why but only started doing it since i started this war. Global commands normal teladi set to friend does any one why.

Don't think my game is vanilla opened up script editor but have no idea what i'm doing don't know if started a script and its screwing things up never used it before.

Any one know why this might be happening?

Cheers

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 23:58

Teladi are friends to all so if even one of their ships sees you destroy a paranid or if one of your ships is taking out paranid ships OOS in a teladi sector then this is easyly a cause.

Pay attention to your assets and ensure that any forces not in frontline combat have ALL turrets set to 'Protect ship' not 'attack all enemies'

This is all i can really think of

Captain C.

Kehoe
x3tc

My teladi rep

Post by Kehoe » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 13:15

Cheers Captain C I have a plex in mines of fortune which is a teldai sector might be my defense fleet there destroying paranid ships.

Kehoe
x3tc

Post by Kehoe » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 16:38

I might put 10 UT traders in teladi space do you think this would gradually improve rep or at least keep it steady. I don't want to constanaly do missions for the teladi.

Zaranthan

Post by Zaranthan » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 16:53

I swear by local traders for rep maintenance. One 3-sector LT based out of Siezewell should keep your rep up. Two or three if their economy is still bad enough to support it. If that won't hold up, then build some mines in Patriarch's Keep and set a few traders up there. The area around PTNI HQ can eat absurd amounts of ore and silicon. You might have to turn some of that silicon into ecells, though. The local SPPs are empty whenever I check them.
Mosquito missiles: Because quantity has a quality all its own.

Derkylos
x3tc

Post by Derkylos » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 17:04

Setting up traders may fix the rep issue, but will not stop the Teladi defence fleets hating on your assets. An easier fix is to change the IFF for all patrol ships in Teladi space so "Show as enemy if enemy to me" reads "no" and "Teladi" and "Paranid" are "Friend".
Sum, ergo cogito.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”