Faster way to repair your ship?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Grimgard
x3tc

Faster way to repair your ship?

Post by Grimgard » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 03:45

I finally figured out how to repair my ship but it takes forever so I was wondering if there is a mod or anything to speed it up?
E8400 DUAL CORE 3.0GHZ 8GB XMS2 EVGA AKIMBO 8800GT 1GB DDR3 WIN VISTA 64 SP2

mvhc
x3tc

Post by mvhc » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 03:52

the only way I know how to repair my ship is to just have a ungodly amount of credits, let me know if someone tells you a faster way

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 03:52

Need to ask in the S & M forum.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 03:52

S&M questions are asked here =]

to answer your question

you can also dock your ship to a shipyard and pay em (alot) of cash to repair it instantly.
mvhc wrote:the only way I know how to repair my ship is to just have a ungodly amount of credits, let me know if someone tells you a faster way
if youre playing TC, press shift + E to jump out of your ship, then shoot your ship. :P

Bill67
x4

Post by Bill67 » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 06:36

I saw a mod about adding the repair lasers, just hadnt messed with it myself.

What I would love to see is utilizing those extremely highly paid marines to use their repair lasers.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 07:41

Bill67 wrote:I saw a mod about adding the repair lasers, just hadnt messed with it myself.

What I would love to see is utilizing those extremely highly paid marines to use their repair lasers.
There are several ways to increase repair time if you go the modding route. My favorite is actually the simplest. It adds buyable Repair Laser factories to the game.

So you should ask there and go check that forum out. I have most of my fun with modded games, but I am on a vanilla campaign currently, so I miss my heavily modded game :(

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 10:30

Wait! There is a vanilla way of repairing your ship 10 times faster!

Check my signature for the link to 'SETA Repair for Dummies'!
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 17:43

The simplest solution: Don't.
Anything bigger than an M3 is a not worth repairing by hand, unless the damage is just a scratch from mass drivers. If you are taking the abandoned ship missions, latch a tractor beam on the ship and drag it back. Otherwise, sell the ship and look for more lucrative offers that don't involve 20 minutes of waiting. :roll:

Typically, the window between a ship without shields and a space dust is very small, so repairs aren't something to often worry about.

There are mods that allow a ship to self regenerate, allow drones to do repairs, or allow marines to repair ships. If you are deeply concerned about repairing expensive capital ships, try some of those mods out.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 18:55

Nah, I vote TJ's method.

Which, coincidentally, I invented! :O How did this happen?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Faster way to repair your ship?

Post by Nanook » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 23:16

Grimgard wrote:I finally figured out how to repair my ship...
Yes, in your other thread about repairing. Please don't open multiple threads on essentially the same topic. We don't really like clutter around here. :wink:

This thread is also asking S&M questions, which should be asked in the S&M forum.

So for the two reasons above, this thread is getting locked. Feel free to continue discussing 'vanilla' repairing in your other thread, and check out the S&M forum for scripts/mods related to repairing.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”