[TC] Yaki - Weaver Tempest

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Loner87
x3tc

Yaki - Weaver Tempest

Post by Loner87 » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 06:10

After I got bored not being able to talk to the plot guy I tried to capture the Yaki TL near the gate. Surprise : once the marines reached the hull, I got a message saying bla-bla can't do that. Are all Yaki ships protected from boarding or maybe this one is protected ? (but as it can be destroyed it would be wierd).

And by the way, what have I to do to have the plot guy to be willing to talk to me ?

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 08:08

Yaki ships are boardable. What it sounds like is that it had hull polarization and the marines didn't have a high enough combined mechanical skill to break through. Try scanning the ships you are boarding. If they have Hull Polarization, Sentry Lasers, Firewall software or Marines on board you have a very high chance of failing the boarding operation. You use Ion Disruptors to burn those pieces of equipment off the ship before you board.

Also you can sometimes get lucky and capture a Ryu with a IBL forge on board and have an IBL forge in your possession which is one of the most powerful and rare weapons in the universe.

Not sure what you mean about plot guy. You will have to be more specific since there are many plots and most of them are started by talking to someone. So please tell us what plot and what mission you are trying to start.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 08:12

sounds like he is doing the HQ plot
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 15:19

It's Treasure Hunt, the very first mission where I m told to talk to Josep Gillean in Weaver's Tempest. The ship is named Trouble Seeker and he answers "Sorry I can't give you data on that".

Thx for the advice about boarding. Man, what you told is a dream, capturing a ship contaning an IBL forge... :) By the way, i tried 4-5 attempts on the Yaki TL and most of my marines were above 3 stars in mechanicals. Also the ship hadn't any protection system onboard :(

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 16:06

If you are trying to board through the space walk method you need a mechanical skill of 4 to get through the hull of a TL. Better to wait till you can get an M7M with boarding pods, makes life a lot easier. :)

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 18:34

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:If you are trying to board through the space walk method you need a mechanical skill of 4 to get through the hull of a TL. Better to wait till you can get an M7M with boarding pods, makes life a lot easier. :)
That's not entirely true, if at all. TLs and M7Ms are usually my first targets with mediocre marines while I train up 20 elites. By mediocre I mean 2-3 star across the board marines. I have never had a problem. Actually I have a 100% boarding success rate....

As for the Yaki plot guy, he is sitting in between three satellites, destroy those and then he hails you to replace them with an advanced satellite. Have you done that?

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 18:54

No but now I am on the way to. Thank you :)

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 19:32

Twest09 wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:If you are trying to board through the space walk method you need a mechanical skill of 4 to get through the hull of a TL. Better to wait till you can get an M7M with boarding pods, makes life a lot easier. :)
That's not entirely true, if at all. TLs and M7Ms are usually my first targets with mediocre marines while I train up 20 elites. By mediocre I mean 2-3 star across the board marines. I have never had a problem. Actually I have a 100% boarding success rate....

As for the Yaki plot guy, he is sitting in between three satellites, destroy those and then he hails you to replace them with an advanced satellite. Have you done that?
It's unlikely you would get through the hull of a TL with only 2 stars. Four stars guarantees success, unless Polorized hull plating in which case 5 stars. Never had success with 3 stars or lower, ever.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 00:33

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote: It's unlikely you would get through the hull of a TL with only 2 stars. Four stars guarantees success, unless Polorized hull plating in which case 5 stars. Never had success with 3 stars or lower, ever.
Then you are doing it wrong... I hate to say it like that but my stats that you can check are old but still speak for themselves. 100% efficiency, 15 successful boarding ops and none of them are lower than TL class boardings. I specifically remember using 2-3x4 star marines for TLs. I also boarded Boron TLs which are the easiest to board to ensure success. It's not like boarding an Atmo, Herc, or Elephant which are all more difficult. In fact I boarded an M7M with 10 3-4x4 star marines. Hull Polarization just adds to the difficulty of cutting through the hull which can also be negated slightly with boarding pods fired from an M7M, you also have the option to burn that off with Ion Ds like any other piece of equipment which adds difficulty. If you don't burn off hull polarization you can still do it with 3-4 star in mechanical as long as the combined skill of all marines meets the RNG check for success. That's for TLs of course anything bigger in class you will most likely need 4-5 stars and boarding pods.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 00:42

Twest09 wrote:
Then you are doing it wrong... I hate to say it like that but my stats that you can check are old but still speak for themselves. 100% efficiency, 15 successful boarding ops and none of them are lower than TL class boardings
Boarding efficiency in stats isn't much of an indicator as people, me included tend to reload before the boarding process if it ends up that they can't cap the ship.

CW and Yaki TLs are not that hard to cap, and with an average of 3 stars on most stats it is very doable.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 03:51

StarTroll wrote: CW and Yaki TLs are not that hard to cap, and with an average of 3 stars on most stats it is very doable.
Which is what I was saying. And those stats are from my DiD game, I don't feel any other stats are worth posting up :D which means no reloads. Although if the target has HP then you will need at least 7/10 at 4 star mechanic and 3/10 3 stars AND an M7M launching them via boarding pods and you need to use 20 or 21 marines. Or burn it off with Ion D. It's possible is all I am saying :roll: . If it doesn't have HP you "can" do it with 10 good marines.

Although anything higher than a TL with hull polarization you are going to need better marines and more of them. In fact anything else with HP and I recommend you burn it off before you attempt to board.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 12:17

Twest09 wrote:You use Ion Disruptors to burn those pieces of equipment off the ship before you board.
Burning off the CLS will suffocate all their defending marines as well :)

(somehow marines are too stupid to put on their spacesuits or move to the crew area...^^)

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 12:30

Coruskane wrote:
Twest09 wrote:You use Ion Disruptors to burn those pieces of equipment off the ship before you board.
Burning off the CLS will suffocate all their defending marines as well :)

(somehow marines are too stupid to put on their spacesuits or move to the crew area...^^)
Actually wrong. What the CLS does is conter the effect of cargo compression to allow a group of person to put their asses in the cargo bay. Once it is destroyed, compression occurs, and you can guess the rest.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 14:17

Twest09 wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote: It's unlikely you would get through the hull of a TL with only 2 stars. Four stars guarantees success, unless Polorized hull plating in which case 5 stars. Never had success with 3 stars or lower, ever.
Then you are doing it wrong... I hate to say it like that but my stats that you can check are old but still speak for themselves. 100% efficiency, 15 successful boarding ops and none of them are lower than TL class boardings. I specifically remember using 2-3x4 star marines for TLs. I also boarded Boron TLs which are the easiest to board to ensure success. It's not like boarding an Atmo, Herc, or Elephant which are all more difficult. In fact I boarded an M7M with 10 3-4x4 star marines. Hull Polarization just adds to the difficulty of cutting through the hull which can also be negated slightly with boarding pods fired from an M7M, you also have the option to burn that off with Ion Ds like any other piece of equipment which adds difficulty. If you don't burn off hull polarization you can still do it with 3-4 star in mechanical as long as the combined skill of all marines meets the RNG check for success. That's for TLs of course anything bigger in class you will most likely need 4-5 stars and boarding pods.
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, as I've got 30+ Mammoths/Alabtross to prove it. Maybe Ryu are just a lot easier than Mammoths to board. I train all marines to 3 stars and they failed to cut through the hull of Mammoth, the same with Albatross. No problems with pods though. I now do everything with pods so there's no problem. :D

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 18:29

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote: I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, as I've got 30+ Mammoths/Alabtross to prove it. Maybe Ryu are just a lot easier than Mammoths to board. I train all marines to 3 stars and they failed to cut through the hull of Mammoth, the same with Albatross. No problems with pods though. I now do everything with pods so there's no problem. :D
Ok, sorry to say it like that. I wasn't being mean but the internet and typed words just don't convey the right tone of conversation. But I just can't imagine you failing to board a TL with 3 stars in all skill marines, because I have done it and I did it again just to prove it to myself and I did it from two TPs. There was no hull polarization and it was a Mammoth that I hired and dragged to a Pirate sector all of my marines were 3 stars in ALL skills and I used drones to do the dirty work and keep it occupied while I set up to board it.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 20:00

Twest09 wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote: I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, as I've got 30+ Mammoths/Alabtross to prove it. Maybe Ryu are just a lot easier than Mammoths to board. I train all marines to 3 stars and they failed to cut through the hull of Mammoth, the same with Albatross. No problems with pods though. I now do everything with pods so there's no problem. :D
Ok, sorry to say it like that. I wasn't being mean but the internet and typed words just don't convey the right tone of conversation. But I just can't imagine you failing to board a TL with 3 stars in all skill marines, because I have done it and I did it again just to prove it to myself and I did it from two TPs. There was no hull polarization and it was a Mammoth that I hired and dragged to a Pirate sector all of my marines were 3 stars in ALL skills and I used drones to do the dirty work and keep it occupied while I set up to board it.
Well my space walk days are over, I capped all mine back in the day when you could board anything with 5 marines from a M6. :D But if you say it can be done then it will save some time on training in future games. :)

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 23:43

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:
Twest09 wrote:
Well my space walk days are over, I capped all mine back in the day when you could board anything with 5 marines from a M6. :D But if you say it can be done then it will save some time on training in future games. :)
Well, I just remembered something my drill sergeants and father used to say to me and I feel bad about saying you were doing it wrong. So I will just quote them, "You can never have enough guns or be too prepared, when there is a sh**storm on the horizon."

In closing, if you feel comfortable boarding a TL with full 5 star marines, and launching 100 marines from 5 different M7Ms, then that is what you should do. :)

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 22:01

Indeed. As The Duke of Wellington was quoted as saying : the best way to win a battle is to be there "the fasted with the mostest."
Dying stupidly since 2004

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”