How many LTs for the Terrans? // Aldrin economy

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rive
x3tc

How many LTs for the Terrans? // Aldrin economy

Post by Rive » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 11:35

I'm filling up the universe with UTs - but some of them always wandering to Terran sectors (where they are stuck, of course). I thought that a bunch of LTs can saturate the Terran economy and prevent any unnecessary UT incursion.

- Is it possible?

- How many LTs needed?

- How to configure the LT network?

I've already deployed a dozen Mistrals (NOT the SF version): some of them four range traders centered in OOrt Cloud, Uranus, Mars: some of the is eight range traders centered in Saturn.
Last edited by Rive on Tue, 14. Sep 10, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 11:54

Go into the FoF settings for your UTs. Set Terran as "Foe" and that should keep the UTs from considering terran sectors.

As to your original question. Between the absurd flight times and the quirks of how the Terran economy works it would require alot of LTs.

*Looks Down*

Yes, we really need to settle on a different acronym. Gets confuseing sometimes.
Last edited by Kor'ah on Mon, 13. Sep 10, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 12:38

I'm sure a few thousand Laser Towers could sort out the Terran problem :lol:
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 14:18

The FoF setting sounds good - but there are some terran ships around in commonwealth space. Won't be there problems?

LT vs. LT - :lol:

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 14:40

Shouldn't cause any problems. Other than the plots the only time you'll find a Terran ships outside of their space is the fighters offering "Kill convoy" missions.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 14:57

OK, I will try adjusting the FoF settings.

Any recommendations about the amount of the LTs? I want to saturate the whole area.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 15:07

I have over 20 running at the moment (10 sectors range from Oort Cloud - none sit in standby ever) and they still don't get to all the stations. I started off using baldrics but I changed them all for springblossoms and that helped immensely when they ventured into Aldrin.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 15:29

its really irritating, i mean i would just not even bother with their economy if u could get all their stations and build the stuff urself, doesnt make sense why these stations are unpurchasable, rly dont know what egosoft were thinking about omitting them.
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 15:34

you_rebel_scum wrote:its really irritating, i mean i would just not even bother with their economy if u could get all their stations and build the stuff urself, doesnt make sense why these stations are unpurchasable, rly dont know what egosoft were thinking about omitting them.
Spoiler
Show
Once you complete the Aldrin missions you gain access to a new shipyard that allows you to purchase terran stations. 1 or 2 are missing though for some reason.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 16:08

Well, let's extend the question: how many ships will be needed to saturate Aldrin?

It's still intact, no removed stations.

(About the Terran question - I will try 30 LTs for now :) )

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Aldrin as training ground for STs

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 17:45

I like to use Aldrin to train up SBs. I create one in the SY to the SE, jump it to Ianumus ED for trade 3 and shields, jump it back to Aldrin. When it gets to Level 10, or sometimes 8, I jump it to Neptune or the Asteroid Belt and start it as a UT. When I have 20 SBs in Terran space, I' ll be happy. 3 to 5 SBs in Aldrin seems right. I usually wait until the Prototype Starburst is in stock to produce an SB. I can handle the rest with cloning, using Spitfyres. I just need to keep a supply of Jumpdrives in the SY.

I like the SB for the speed, but Aldrin has such massive amounts of resources, I put the Mistral SFs left from the HUB plot to work there. I have four now and when they get trained up, I'll let them wander CW space. 4 of those big boys seems about right for Aldrin.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 09:49

One more question about Aldrin: I noticed that now the original Aldrin trading fleet is stuck on the stations, doing nothing :gruebel:

I think it's because of my trading fleet - the resources for the stations are filled by my ships, and the AI traders sitting there with full cargo which the cannot sell.

But:

- How can I check this theory? Cargo scan don't work on docked ships.
- How can I give them a kick?

I have a feeling that this kind of stuck has something to do with the economy degradation of Aldrin/Terran space. They are competing with each other too, am I right?

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 11:25

You can try to build an equipment dock somewhere in Aldrin and set the price high to check if the NPC ships will try to sell stuff to it as a test. It would probably be targeted by your Sector Traders as well so there's no point in keeping it around.

Or better to just ignore them, they are your enemies in trade after all :wink:
They compete with you and each other yes.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 14:18

Kor'ah wrote:Go into the FoF settings for your UTs. Set Terran as "Foe" and that should keep the UTs from considering terran sectors.

As to your original question. Between the absurd flight times and the quirks of how the Terran economy works it would require alot of LTs.

*Looks Down*

Yes, we really need to settle on a different acronym. Gets confuseing sometimes.
I vote for LST (Local Sector Trader).

On topic: I usually just start at the Oort Cloud and set 2 LSTs ( :D ) per sector at intervals of every other sector and range them at +1. With the flight times the double up and overlap will stimulate the economy quite well and there is minimal bi-trader competition between your LSTs.

As for the UT incursion then Korah has the answer. Set the FoF to foe and make sure the turrets and drones are turned off until they leave Terran space.

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 11:16

FoF setting trick works like charm :D

But the stuck ship problem is even more worrying :( Yesterday there was a station with five of my ships, all of them is full with something which the station has full stock... It's a pain to find a buyer and restart them.

And now majority of the original Aldrin AI trade fleet are camping at stations, doing nothing...

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 11:25

Rive wrote:FoF setting trick works like charm :D

But the stuck ship problem is even more worrying :( Yesterday there was a station with five of my ships, all of them is full with something which the station has full stock... It's a pain to find a buyer and restart them.

And now majority of the original Aldrin AI trade fleet are camping at stations, doing nothing...
Did you map and reveal ALL of the Aldrin stations? It can be a pain since the sector is so big and they are placed all over the place. One trick is to setup factories/stations that use the resources that are produced in Aldrin which, amazingly, is a wide variety this will enrich the economy and help a lot. Remember booze and weed complexes are legal in Terran space... the problem you will then run into is the need to either connect a HUB gate to Aldrin (which is advisable anyway) or use a jump enabled CLS pilot to stock a TL that then stocks a few TSs that then stock another booze/weed 'plex somewhere like PTNI (which is the most convenient high traffic zone close to Aldrin. The major profits can be worth it if you have the time to set it up though and you have the benefit of an enriched Aldrin economy.

Paladin-Solo

Post by Paladin-Solo » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 17:49

cj-spartacus wrote:
you_rebel_scum wrote:its really irritating, i mean i would just not even bother with their economy if u could get all their stations and build the stuff urself, doesnt make sense why these stations are unpurchasable, rly dont know what egosoft were thinking about omitting them.
Spoiler
Show
Once you complete the Aldrin missions you gain access to a new shipyard that allows you to purchase terran stations. 1 or 2 are missing though for some reason.
I think hes talking about how some of the terran stations are still unavailable even after.

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 09:48

Twest09 wrote:Did you map and reveal ALL of the Aldrin stations?
Yep :) I made a full circle around that monster rock. Kestrels are handful for mapping.

Yesterday I've found five of my dozen traders stuck on stations. And two dozen AI traders too.

The hub is still far away (even the first gate set). Some stations... Maybe, but I'm planning on other directions than stations now.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”