[TC] Ghoul Missile Plant destroyed by Pirates, will it respawn?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skism
x3tc

Ghoul Missile Plant destroyed by Pirates, will it respawn?

Post by Skism » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 23:17

Right I have a problem it seems four Pirates have been quietly chiping away at the Terran Ghoul Missile Fab in the fouth unkwown sector off Oort cloud whilst I was playing away and I have gone back as far as I am reasonably willing but even with my ship meeting a fully tuned Rapier 1-2 sectors into Terran space, and going hell for Leather I am simply unable to save this fab I only am able to get to the accelerator to Oort Cloud - so I am giving up on saving it this time.

However here is my Questions:

1 Does the Fab respawn? - Under what conditions if yes
2 if no can I buy it with the updates?
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Gravitycontrol
x4

Post by Gravitycontrol » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 23:20

1) yes if god decides to do so
2) dont know i dont care about terran stations ^^

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 23:24

er the thing is though I don't have much faith in God....

-Thomas Paine-

crendesmus
x3tc

Post by crendesmus » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 00:31

GlObal Decision engine (GOD) is what the game uses to decide which stations spawn and despawn. If the station was produceing heavily before it was destroyed then you have a beter chance of respawning. You can never buy ghoul misile factories, it is one of the few terran factories you can't buy from the shipyard at terran unknown 1 once you unlock it.

Darkwolf_187
x4

Post by Darkwolf_187 » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 01:55

There's two Ghoul fabs in Terran space when the game starts. One is in TSU4, the other is in Venus. Check to see whether the Venus one is still there.

If it's not, you can encourage GoD to put it back by making sure there's a hefty surplus of all the materials required to make Ghouls in those sectors.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 12:24

The GoD engine will only respawn stations if they are needed, there is a surplus of resources, and there is a lack of supply of those goods produced by that station at a nearby docks/bases.

What this means is that the one in TUS4 will probably not respawn. The one in Venus however has a good chance of being spawned.

Darkwolf_187
x4

Post by Darkwolf_187 » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 15:04

Twest09 wrote:The GoD engine will only respawn stations if they are needed, there is a surplus of resources, and there is a lack of supply of those goods produced by that station at a nearby docks/bases.
I'm not convinced that it's a requirement for there to be a demand in a product nearby for GoD to deem it necessary to put a fab back.

I had GoD decide to drop an Advanced Drone fab in Weaver's Tempest for whatever reason. None of the stations within several jumps want those drones.

However, the complexes that I have in place in Weaver's Tempest produce an oversupply of Silicon Wafers, Meatsteak Cahoonas and Energy Cells.

Funnily enough, those are exactly the materials that are required to run an Advanced Drone fab.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 16:41

GoD only places or removes Stations:
  • that are in the map file (x3universe.xml) either built or set as preferred (spot is marked in map)
  • which are unproductive (full stock for long period)
  • that have no player ships docked at
  • when there is high demand of a product (low stocks and point 1 applies)
MFG

Ketraar

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 08:16

For this particular station GOD was doing some weird things in my game. I had a trading station with a bunch of ships in the same sector configured to supply it with resources and purchase all produce and GOD was removing this station and then adding it back every once in a while. Once or twice the station was created in some other location but most of the time it was recreated at the same place. At that time I was not aware that I could just park a ship on the station to prevent it from getting removed. But it definitely respawns :)

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 11:46

kurush wrote:For this particular station GOD was doing some weird things in my game. I had a trading station with a bunch of ships in the same sector configured to supply it with resources and purchase all produce and GOD was removing this station and then adding it back every once in a while. Once or twice the station was created in some other location but most of the time it was recreated at the same place. At that time I was not aware that I could just park a ship on the station to prevent it from getting removed. But it definitely respawns :)
Which means you were creating a demand for that station. It "can" be done but the trouble may not be worth it since it is much easier to respawn the one in Venus. I now make it a habit to get to Terran space and dock as many cheap scouts as I can at each dock that I have an interest in keeping around.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 14:32

In my game that Ghoul factory respawns and despawns regulary as well, even tho my Terran marshall plan doesn't extend that deep in the unknown sectors. Only fab that appears regulary, all other fabs tend to stay away for a really long time if they despawn.

Maybe it got a higher priority to respawn? Added to that, I have a Ghoul fab in venus, been producing missiles for quite some time now.

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 17:57

Okay Thanks for the responses guys - I guess I just have to hope + whack loads of STs everywhere then get Terran stations up from Aldrin

-Thomas Paine-

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”