X3R: Yaki - Friends or not?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Googly

X3R: Yaki - Friends or not?

Post by Googly » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 12:15

Hi Everyone, I am playing through X3: Reunion under the Normal start for my first game.

I have just rescued the pirate princess from the yaki (mission 7), and as I am heading towards the Xenon sector, I encounter a bunch of yaki attacking a Boron weapons merchant in a Boron sector.

Now, since the boron are friendly with me - I figure I should help them out - However when I start shooting the yaki they stay blue and the pilot says "Why are you shooting me?"

My question is: Can I destroy the yaki ships in boron space for a rep boost, and is this a good idea - I do not see any listing for Yaki relations - so If I damage them will it become a problem later?

Or is this just a plot thing, that while the pirate princess follows me around all Yaki will be friendly?

I tried doing a search, but all of the posts I could find are either relate to TC, or do not say which game they are playing.

Quarry
x3tc

Post by Quarry » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 14:41

As far as I know you dont need to worry about Yaki relations as they dont really have anything to offer to you. They are just another faction of pirates that everyone else hates and love you for killing them. Now thats for vanilla X3R.

However... should you decide to install scripts that bring in Yaki shipyards and such then it does matter as if you are friendly with them you can buy ships from them... ships like Raijin M4 with 3x25mj shielding and armed with PBE's.

Ofcource...if you are enemies with them you can just cap the said ship.

so to answer to your question "is it a good idea to kill Yaki?"

yes and no :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”