[x3tc] New Home sector's asteroids and pix

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lx7
x3tc

[x3tc] New Home sector's asteroids and pix

Post by Lx7 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 00:03

As you may or might not know, the sector you get after doing the new home plot can be named, and its looks and asteroids are made according.
I will be giving you peeps info on the sectors.

-Asteroids-

Ceo's Wellspring
Has 27 roids, it has the most ore at a total yield of 11111.97 and it comes in a poor 4th with silicon yield of 2038.01.

Twisted Skies
Has 28 roids, it comes 3rt in ore with yield 10734.55 and jumps to 2nd with handy silicon with a total yield of 2221.53.

Spires of Elusion
This sector got 27 asteroids hanging about with a 2nd place total ore award of 10908.7 yield and dead last with silicon 2028.35.

Guiding Star
This oddball holds 29 and comes dead last in ore and first in silicon... go silly, 10120.56 ore full yield and 2310.54 silicon.

Cathedral of Xaar
This mr4 is 27 roids old and gets the place of ??? you guessed it 4th place in both ore and silicon, ore:10700.58 & silicon:2079.38.

so.. Cathedral is a worst and we all know that silicon is better then ore.. ore is not required in a loop and its hard to run out of it in a loop. so spires of elusion is really the worst and guiding star is best.
Roid data got from: http://home.wolfsburg.de/kprohrbeck/eng ... trotb.html

-looks- (with screencaps)

CEO's Wellspring
This sector has by far the best lighting.. almost all sides of an object will have the same good lighting, IT has a big cloudy rocky planet right there and 2 other out there but as for the sky its not vary remarkable but theirs nothing vary annoying about any part of it though.
http://i55.tinypic.com/j5f6rn.jpg

Twisted Skies
Its got a slightly smaller big planet that looks like earth but with rockier land and greener skies has reddish background and only one sun but if you turn around when entering you will see a freaking cool planet in the distance this planet is black and has super cool red rings. I so wish they would have put that in Spires of Elusion..
http://i54.tinypic.com/mwxlxw.jpg

Spires of Elusion
This sector has the vary LARGEST planet maybe of all sectors in the Xuniverse, It is nice and blue and is so earth like. There are 2 suns behind you when entering, The planet has a blue solar flare look on the side you enter though its really just the background behind the planet (planets aren't part of the background) the space has a dark blue color, not much else to say.
http://i52.tinypic.com/72d4l4.jpg

Guiding Star
This sector has a smaller big light greenish planet and has 2 stars close together, one is orange one is light blue. The background covers the most of all these sectors and looks like avarice(unknown sector east of montalaar)
http://i51.tinypic.com/33calgo.jpg

Cathedral of Xaar
It has 3 planets overlapping each other and represent 3 different types of ugly barren sandy splitlike colonist's nightmare (in my overopinion) a grouped 2 suns and a patch of background looking sorta what i would call torn space, It seems light everything to view is in only 2 spots.
http://i55.tinypic.com/2q8djir.jpg

>>>edit<<<
Twisted Skies also has good lighting doe to a 2nd sun that i missed and it has more red fogy stuff witch was left out of the pix

Sorry when the pix links expire.
Mind the text in my pix.

The "facts"

If you want good lighting: . . Ceo's Wellspring
If you want a cool planet: . . Twisted Skies
If you want to feel earthy: . . Spires of Elusion
If you want best silicon: . . . . Guiding Star
If you want to make a bad choice in all accounts: . Cathedral of Xaar

Thank you so much for reading and tell us what you think and what you did or will choose 'n why. :wink:
Last edited by Lx7 on Sat, 18. Sep 10, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.

Zaixionito
x4

Post by Zaixionito » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 00:31

Thank you, very much.

I have been looking for pictures of all of the new home sectors for a while, and this is very helpful. :)

Though, I would never clutter... MY ... New home sector with unnecessary stations. :P

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 00:39

A reasonable assessment.

I picked Twisted Skies,because there is little difference in 'roid's total yields,and I like the ringed planet as a perfect backdrop for the PHQ.

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 00:39

Thank you Lx7 that is good work. :thumb_up:

Hmm difficult choice I am nowhere near getting ANH done yet but all things considered "Twisted Skies" seems from my point of view the best of all of them - by a slim margin as it has good looks and good roids, and good name Guiding Star has the best silicon so if i were really in need I would have that.

However I think Cathedral of Xaar does look okay ;)
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 00:55

TTD wrote:A reasonable assessment.

I picked Twisted Skies,because there is little difference in 'roid's total yields,and I like the ringed planet as a perfect backdrop for the PHQ.
I can't deside, choice 1 good lighting choice 2 cool ringed planet and 2nd in sil choice 3 super homey with crappy sil choice 4 best sil... its like tie across the board
Skism wrote:However I think Cathedral of Xaar does look okay ;)
Yah i overdid it, but it needs more stuff, and compared to the rest i think its still last in looks. Though its the only one with no planet for you to feel like your going to fall into...(sometimes planets are too close)

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 01:41

really cool ,

but in my opinion cathedral of xaar has a really cool feature with the plantes overlapping each other,

nice background for PHQ.
X gamer , one at a time.

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 02:05

I have made my choice!

Twisted Skies comes 2nd in lighting
Twisted Skies comes 2nd in looks
Twisted Skies comes 2nd in silicon

Nothing else even has 2nd place as its average.
So Twisted Skies!

:khaak: :thumb_up:

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 02:28

'Meh' on the asteroids...It's not like Ore and Silicon are exactly rare. I just place Ore Mine Ms on them all and self-destruct them, then PSG away all the little rocks littering the sectors.

If one of those sectors had zero resources it would be my default first choise. I often get to a point in a game where I'm just sick of seeing asteroids and space pebbles. Need an escape from them.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 02:58

For me it's about the looks. There is no shortage on Ore or Silicon in the game and so I would like my sector to be a relaxing get away. As for the looks department... there is something about blue planets that makes me feel at home and having the planet close subconsciously tells me "I am close to home."

So for me it's Spires of Elusion 1st and Twisted Skies 2nd. So in both of my new main games (Poisoned Paranid and Terran Champion - customized) I will choose both of those through role playing. Guess which gets which.

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 03:16

Cathedral of Xaar is the best looking by miles btw, not even a fair contest.

I also think the yields are fairly balanced: a lot of work was done to make them as similar to each other as possible, without being all boring and identical. I think the yields and stuff must have changed since I was helping with that in the beta because your numbers and mine are different, but at that time Cathedral of Xaar was pretty low down in the raw numbers as it is now, lower in fact on ore, but it had a few roids which were individually bigger (eg. a few 30-40 yield roids of each type instead of loads of 10-25 ones). Also unless it's changed Cathedral of Xaar has the second most nividum.

[ external image ]

Coolest thing in universe.

Edit: and yea, you can get roids anywhere. You can't get awesome views, so pick based on your own aesthetic preferences IMO.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 03:35

How about this, If it were possible I would choose to have 5 separate gates side by side leading to each of the player owned sectors. (without scripting)

More-so if it were possible I would have a PHQ in each of the sectors. (without scripting)

But you like what you like and you get what you get. :)

Lord Hayden
x3tc

Post by Lord Hayden » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 06:14

Sorry for the kind of late post, but I found Nividium in my player owned sector! I heap of it too. A station sized asteroid with a yield of 16, and smaller asteroids surrounding it. The sector I chose was Spires of Elusion and the asteroid was at 61.8, 13.7, 41.9. Can anybody else confirm this? :D
I can't speel very gewd...

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 07:33

Lord Hayden wrote:Sorry for the kind of late post, but I found Nividium in my player owned sector! I heap of it too. A station sized asteroid with a yield of 16, and smaller asteroids surrounding it. The sector I chose was Spires of Elusion and the asteroid was at 61.8, 13.7, 41.9. Can anybody else confirm this? :D
I can, all the player owned sectors have nividium.. and from the ones I've scaned 16 is about the amount for all..

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 07:39

When I choose my homesector, I visited them all, and ended up picking Cathedral of Xaar. I just like the view when you enter and see these 3 planets in the distance.
As said above, no shortage of rocks in the universe, so pick them on personal preference.
My second choice would have been Spires of Elusion, due to the close distance of the planet there.

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 22:26

Starlight_Corporation wrote:When I choose my homesector, I visited them all, and ended up picking Cathedral of Xaar. I just like the view when you enter and see these 3 planets in the distance.
As said above, no shortage of rocks in the universe, so pick them on personal preference.
My second choice would have been Spires of Elusion, due to the close distance of the planet there.
A nice sector would have been a mix of legend's home's cool nebula(or whatever it is), twisted skies black/red ringed planet, spires of elusion's big earthy planet, cathedral of xaar's 3 overlapping plannets and eighteen billion's vary starful sky, with good lighting.. that sector would be FREAKING AWESOME!! :twisted:

And yes I could make it or make most of it using universal editor but I'd like it as my player owned sector vanilla..

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 09:14

Hay everyone :o .. I picked my home sector only by looks - it was Cathedral of Xaar. I forgot to check out all the stats!! I was wondering if all the sectors had equal lighting (300%) I noticed one of them has 2 suns in it. Since I might be doing some building in it.... :? (P.S Lx7 keep the posts coming -Its more fun reading about new stuff -even if you stuff up :P )

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 13:08

Stephen_Garlick wrote:Hay everyone :o .. I picked my home sector only by looks - it was Cathedral of Xaar. I forgot to check out all the stats!! I was wondering if all the sectors had equal lighting (300%) I noticed one of them has 2 suns in it. Since I might be doing some building in it.... :? (P.S Lx7 keep the posts coming -Its more fun reading about new stuff -even if you stuff up :P )
Thank you. :)

Yes all player owned sectors have 300% but the lighting as in less shade is not the same.

If my memory serves, ceo's wellspring and twisted skies have 2 suns about 90 degrees from each other besides the planet refracting and the rest have 2 sitting right next to each other.

Note that cathedral of xaar has vary little refraction due to the only planet with a see-able atmosphere is behind 2 other planets and far away.

Therefor CofXaar has just as much solar power affect as the rest but has the least lighting in sector.

But who cares! You come in the sector with the light behind you and 3 planets ahead of you.. not much of a problem there.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 14:25

Just to note, the size, position, number and relative brightness of any star in those systems is completely irrelevent to actual power output. They are all 300%, and SPPs placed there will operate at 300%.

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 22:37

Infekted wrote:Just to note, the size, position, number and relative brightness of any star in those systems is completely irrelevent to actual power output. They are all 300%, and SPPs placed there will operate at 300%.
We know.

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Wed, 29. Sep 10, 03:16

Nice referance post. I,also was looking for pics. I finnish the plot the same day it was released, but haven't bought the sector yet.

Now, I can choose wisely. It will not have My PHQ, I already place it at my favorite sector,"Olmancketslat's Treaty",HQ DarkSun.

Thanks for the insight. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”