[TC] Equipping a Split Panther

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X2PLAYA
x2

Equipping a Split Panther

Post by X2PLAYA » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 05:12

Hi guys

soon will have enough money for a split panther

wondering what weapons to buy

was considering getting as many ion rail canons as poss but havent checked if they can go in all slots

if any1 knows a better config pls let me know.

cheers

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 05:24

The best config is to place as many IBLs as you have slots for and then place FAAs and ISRs however you feel like. Don't forget that the Panther is a mini carrier so to utilize it fully you have to buy and outfit 32 fighters as well.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 05:32

In the front turret IBLs, and then FFAs everywhere else.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

burger2

Post by burger2 » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 05:50

Incendiary bomb launchers turret left, turret right, turret front and flak artillery arrays everywhere else. Set the incendiary bomb launchers turrets to turret: attack capitals and flak artillery ones to turret attack enemies in the autopilot command console under turret controls. Change the turret commands as needed. You might want to store some energy cells in a docked ship depending on what your cargo situation is (blastclaw prototypes hold 650 units of cargo each). The incendiary bomb launchers are anti capital ship weapons so you might want to change them out for more flak artillery arrays or concussion impulse generators/ion shard rail guns,etc... depending on situation. Once you get 6 or 8 incendiary bomb launchers you can pick up the flak artillery arrays as loot drops from xenon ships. xenon sector
Spoiler
Show
is probably the safest place to farm them. Pirates and yaki drop them also plus incendiary bomb launchers every once in a while.
Last edited by burger2 on Mon, 20. Sep 10, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.

X2PLAYA
x2

Post by X2PLAYA » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 05:54

ty all much appreciated.

sigh im only getting this ship because it the same speed as my vidar wich i LOVE

plus the mission to pick up flight recorder in khaak sector seems impossible w vidar alone. i need backup...

ndp183

Post by ndp183 » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 05:57

The Panther's Left and Right turret are well back on the hull, and the field of fire does not overlap very much. I use them more for defense. That leaves the 6 gun front turret, which is enough firepower to do just about any job.

If you want to kill caps, put 6 IBLs in the front. You could maybe use ISRs or CIGs against caps.

The rest I set up with EBC. I put a single Flack with the top, bottom, and back turret groups. This will burn about 100 units of EBC ammo every session or two.

Now bear in mind with all the EBC in use my 6 front guns can pretty much fire forever. Every 3 Qs or so I might run low, depending on how drunk my turret crew is that day.

The most most fun weapon on my Panther is the flight of 3 Eclipses and 15 Asps. One Eclipse leads the other 2 (attack target nearest..), with 5 Asps attacking target of each. Eclipses with 4 HEPT and 4+ turrets PAC, Asps with 2 HEPTs each.

I was using Solano's, but they are just clumsy compared to the Asp for some reason. Always bumping into stuff and taking 6 tries at docking. It's odd. The Asps all dock in a clump together.

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 15:46

Id like to try those PALC's but seems hard to get them on that final fury missions, and only 2, should be 4 for both of the pathers turret sets
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

X2PLAYA
x2

Post by X2PLAYA » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 16:16

Do i have to raise yaki rep to buy the IBL's?

if so how can i do that best?

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 16:25

X2PLAYA wrote:Do i have to raise yaki rep to buy the IBL's?

if so how can i do that best?
There is also a Pirate IBL forge in Loomankstrat's Legacy. But there are two ways to get Yaki IBLs.

1) Sometimes you will see non hostile (no matter how bad they hate you) Yaki in commonwealth space with a combat mission symbol. If you complete enough of those you could be on friendly terms with them and buy from, and supply the IBL forge in Weaver's Tempest.

2) Destroy the IBL forge in Weaver's Tempest and wait (sometimes for a looooong time) for a Ryu to head to Weaver's Tempest from Senator's Badlands that is going to replace the IBL forge, board it and pilot the Ryu and manually place the IBL forge and then sell the Ryu. Hop back and repeat.

X2PLAYA
x2

Post by X2PLAYA » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 17:16

the pirates one is red to me.

not sure what i did but some time ago a pirate commed me to say that the pirates now hate me and will hunt me down.

in fact now that i have a panther i might go pay them a visit...

anyway is there any anti cap ship weapons i can get other than the IBL's for now? ill ge tthe IBL's eventually but for now need some weps on front.

am gonna put flak artillery side top back.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 18:08

The IBL is recommended as it is the only true capship weapon of the lot. All the rest are weaker and a lot less energy efficient. ISRs and CIGs would be the best you could do other than IBLs really.
Twests point about the fighters is a good one too.

X2PLAYA
x2

Post by X2PLAYA » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 19:00

Quick question.

ive grabbed the blastclaw protoype as advised.

want to know how to get it to automatically resupply my panther once its energy cells fall below a certain level.

The panther did very well in the khaak sector and i retrieved the flight recorder.

flak artillery! shipps just dissapear in a while of fire. i was wery :)

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 21:02

X2PLAYA wrote:Quick question.

ive grabbed the blastclaw protoype as advised.

want to know how to get it to automatically resupply my panther once its energy cells fall below a certain level.

The panther did very well in the khaak sector and i retrieved the flight recorder.

flak artillery! shipps just dissapear in a while of fire. i was wery :)
Yeah, in my personal Panther I use Flak Artillery Arrays where I can fit them and IBLs in the Main. The thing is you "can" put IBLs on the right and left turrets but they won't charge and they drain energy if you get in a big battle. So ISRs are perfectly acceptable.

Now is this for IS combat? Because that is how you have to set up your AI fighters that you dock. If you have the wings available I recommend using multiple setups, if not you still can but it can take more work.

For in sector fighter swarms you actually don't want the fastest fighters you can find. That will cause collisions, believe it or not the best in sector fighters are actually the average fighters that have a decent amount of loadouts. The EBC with HEPT loadout is a very strong IS combat loadout for fighters that you might consider. As is the PBE + PBG. But if you go the second route you will want to go that route with an M3/M3+.

I hope that helps some.

X2PLAYA
x2

Post by X2PLAYA » Tue, 21. Sep 10, 04:27

What does IS mean?

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Tue, 21. Sep 10, 06:14

X2PLAYA wrote:What does IS mean?
In Sector. Which is you being in the sector. OOS is Out Of Sector... which you should be able to gather what that means.

Darkwolf_187
x4

Post by Darkwolf_187 » Tue, 21. Sep 10, 06:30

On mine, I just went IBL on the front turret and FAA everywhere else. Hangar is filled with 30 Solanos, all with PAC's and Wasps, and 500 Wasps in the Panther's cargo.

I'll be frank though... I've never used it. I bought it, with the intention of using it as a carrier, but IS redocking of carrier groups is so dodgy I couldn't bring myself to do it.

When I want M7 firepower, I just use the Tiger. At least on the Tiger I can control the front guns while I'm maneuvering.

X2PLAYA
x2

Post by X2PLAYA » Tue, 21. Sep 10, 06:34

ok IS and OOS ok.

well im doing both really.

OOS because ve got CAGS up who usally get into trouble sumwher and if im occupied w some task. ill send the panther .

but also IS becuase i take it with me on most storyline missions.

X2PLAYA
x2

Post by X2PLAYA » Fri, 1. Oct 10, 00:56

hi again.

need some advice with filling this ships hangar bay.

i figure imm just gonna get 30 slow heavily shielded m3's. is this a good idea?

ill be using the ship both IS and OOS however it will be runnong on auto.

i'll be supporting from my springblossom.

cheers :)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 1. Oct 10, 01:42

X2PLAYA wrote:same speed as my vidar wich i LOVE
Pity on you for this harmful addiction. Get over it, get yourself a springblossom or at least a Hyperion with turbo boost and you'll be fine :) :) :)
Actually, even a Vidar with TB1 could be OK.
On topic, IBL + FLAK work great. IBL + FLAK + PALC work even greater. Just make sure you don't miss that opportunity to get them.

X2PLAYA
x2

Post by X2PLAYA » Fri, 1. Oct 10, 02:17

umm dude im asking a completley different question now.

how to eqauip the panther has already been answered.

?

now if u read my last post in this same topic i was asking what kind of ships to put in the hangar bay.

more proof that u didnt bother to read the last post on the thread is where i say " ill be supporting in my springblossom"

pls READ THE FULL THREAD and LATEST POST before wasting time

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”