[REQ] Fixed-wing/Replacement Kha'ak M6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sorenson
x3tc

[REQ] Fixed-wing/Replacement Kha'ak M6

Post by Sorenson » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 18:48

Hey'a, folks. There's something that I've always been meaning to look into, and Extra Search being the gloriously inept bastard it is, I figured I'd stick my head out and see if anything catches it.

I've never really cared for the Corvette that Xtended gave the Kha'ak way back when it hit for Reunion: I mean, it's a nice effort and all, but it just really doesn't jive that well with the rest of the fleet, since it looks like that particular dude who designed it decided to pursue a far more organic design than any of the other ships do, bein' all veiny or sinew-y or tenticle-y or something of that nature. Still, for what it is I can get past that: the big dealbreaker for me is that rotating wing design, as while the capitals can get away with it because the rotating bits don't really add that much to its overall volume, the corvette's setup increases its effective volume to the point where trying to do any kind of close maneuvering is a suicide mission, and it's almost impossible to fly the thing in first-person since you can never be truly sure about where the wings are and how much they're protruding.

What I'm lookin' for, and would love to inegrate into the Shuffle if you'd allow, is a new model bundle for the ship that either locks the wings on the horizontal plane or replaces it outright with something nice and geometric with the same number of laser emitters and whatnot (9 cockpit, 3 front turet, 3 back turret). Anything like that floating around, or anybody feel up to the task?
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 21:39

Just reformatted pc so haven't got x installed yet, i'll get it up soon and hunt for the flag that tells an object to rotate. Suspect it's in components, bodies or possibly the scene file for that part. Once it's static an adjustment to the wings' rotation in the km6 scene file may be necessary to put them horizontal and out of reach of docking clamps

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 21. Sep 10, 15:47

delete the animation stuff in the scene...
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”