[TC] The Kha'ak Nivydian (fiction)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lx7
x3tc

[TC] The Kha'ak Nivydian (fiction)

Post by Lx7 » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 07:09

This ship is not existing. this is not a request nor a custom designed ship. This is simply a made up ship I had fun making up and hope you have fun reading.
[ external image ]
NIVYDIAN

Classifying Info
  • Name.. . . . . Nivydian
  • Race. . . . . . Kha'ak
  • Model. . . . . Vali (All surfaces colored darkblue and all lights colored purple)Vali pic.
  • Class . . . . . M9
  • Description. During a secret Paranid/Terran covert observation investigation mission it was discovered that the Kha'ak's interest into nividium took another path into attempting to find perfect nividium. After a vary long time of observation of the Kha'ah's search the Nivyian made its appearance. This ship was then classified as a new ship class due to its small size yet extreme power. The specifics of how the Kha'ak were able to accomplish this is still unknown. All records of this ship are highly classified. The Terran and Paranid governments out of fear have created the AIF, a secret massive anti-invasion force to defend against the threat of a invasion.
Statistical Data
  • Speed. . . . 460
  • Steering . . 120 rpm
  • Hull . . . . . . 800,000
  • Shield . . . . 26 GJ
  • Shield Gen. 600,000 MW
  • Dock . . . . . Medium
  • Cargo . . . . 120,000
  • Ware. . . . . ST
  • Hanger . . . 12
  • Marines. . . .40
  • Decks. . . . . n/a
Reverse Engineering Data
  • Nividium. .15,000
  • Ore. . . . . 25,000
  • Silicon. . . 20,000
  • Time. . . . .5 minutes
[ external image ]
Weapon Information

General
  • Energy . . . . 1 GJ
  • Energy Gen. 30,000 MW
  • Main. . . . . . .12 Slots
  • Front. . . . . . 8 Slots
  • Back. . . . . . .10 Slots
  • Left. . . . . . . 16 Slots
  • Right. . . . . . 16 Slots
  • Top. . . . . . . 10 Slots
  • Bottom.. . . ..10 Slots
Weapons(fit-able in all slots)
  • A/B/C Kyon Emitter
  • Flak Artillery Array
  • Fusion Beam Cannon
  • Gauss Cannon
  • Incendiary Bomb Launcher
  • Ion Cannon
  • Tri-Beam Cannon
  • Phased Array Laser Cannon
  • Photon Pulse Cannon
  • Plasma Beam Cannon
  • Point Singularity Projector
  • Pulsed Beam Emitter
Missiles
  • Boarding Pod
  • Firestorm missile
  • Hammerhead missile
  • Phantom missile
  • Shadow missile
  • Tomahawk Heavy missile
[ external image ]
Hope you liked the description, please tell me what you think.
Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Lx7 on Wed, 22. Sep 10, 21:22, edited 2 times in total.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 07:29

Overpowered to say the least. The back story was a fun read. You should make it and post it in the S&M forum and make it boardable but give it only to the Khaak in the jobs files.

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 07:45

If someone whats to make it I'm ok with it, but the idea and story telling was all I was posting for.
Overpowered to say the least. The back story was a fun read....
Thanks and thanks. :)

N3rull
x3tc

Post by N3rull » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 09:17

460 speed... 36 GJ shields... double the guns of a good M2... Holysheet.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 12:44

A fun read and good imagination, though like Twest09 says, quite overpowered. But since the main goal is not to make it part of playable universe but for fiction, it is nice.

Another possible Khaak ship version would be like the infestation from zergs :D . We all remember how Kyle Brennan looked like at the end of X2, and thus can deduce that khaaks can integrate other species in their hives. That way you could find a dereclit Aran turned khaak hive, to a great surprise :)
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 14:39

StarTroll wrote: find a dereclit Aran turned khaak hive, to a great surprise :)
That sounds like a future plot twist OMG spoiler alert! Joke. :lol:

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 17:14

It's going to need all 26gigs of that shielding because with a sub-M5 class shield generator any damage it takes is going to take 8 months to recharge.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 17:40

And going at 460m/s it'll kill itself when it hits anything I dare say.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 21:28

NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:It's going to need all 26gigs of that shielding because with a sub-M5 class shield generator any damage it takes is going to take 8 months to recharge.
Sorry the number was cut off when transferring to message box. I was ment to be 600,000Mw thus 43 seconds to recharge from 0.
EmperorJon wrote:And going at 460m/s it'll kill itself when it hits anything I dare say.
It uses a m6 model, it would be just like flying a 460 dragon.. Yes its more dangerous then a kestral but its small enough that you would only hit something if you were trying to.. though you may, after all Its got 26GJ shields.. you could probably take out a m6 or m7 without must'in its shields.

Callidus Thorn
x3tc

Post by Callidus Thorn » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 22:05

Doesn't that thing have enough shields to ram pretty much anything to death? I would love to see a ship that can just headbutt stations into pieces :lol:

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 23:49

I remeber having suggested the inclusion of ramming ships during TC developpement, I thought it might be nice to have ships specialized with almost no shields but heavy hull to ram to edath and disrupt capital ships.

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 00:32

StarTroll wrote:I remeber having suggested the inclusion of ramming ships during TC developpement, I thought it might be nice to have ships specialized with almost no shields but heavy hull to ram to edath and disrupt capital ships.
Could call 'em the rammer ships.. make a m3, m6 and a m7 and they cost less to repair because your just welding on more slabs of metal on the front end and they don't start losing equipment till like 20% hull.. Sounds like a cool idea. 8)

[WP]Aesthir
x3tc

Post by [WP]Aesthir » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 01:51

Lx7 wrote:
StarTroll wrote:I remeber having suggested the inclusion of ramming ships during TC developpement, I thought it might be nice to have ships specialized with almost no shields but heavy hull to ram to edath and disrupt capital ships.
Could call 'em the rammer ships.. make a m3, m6 and a m7 and they cost less to repair because your just welding on more slabs of metal on the front end and they don't start losing equipment till like 20% hull.. Sounds like a cool idea. 8)
Oh holy X-Gods please yes! :o :D

Anyone remember the Ramming Frigates from Homeworld: Cataclysm? A nice hammerhead shape, and they were perfect in frustrating enemy capital ships/cruisers and keeping them away from your mothership (or pushing those explosive crystals close to their MS :twisted:) So much fun, especially when upgraded with the close range cutting laser beam right underneath the ramming head...
Ahh, and the oh-so-dry commentary... "Ouwch, my head..." :D

That would be one, and probably the only, type of ship-mod I would want to add to my game... 8)
"In one dimension, I find existence. In two I find life, but in three, I find freedom..."

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 03:07

It would be a cool idea if there was any type of reactive physics in the game engine so that you could send a station or asteroid flying into something else of equal or lesser shielding and watch them go boom off each-other.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 13:11

Twest09 wrote:It would be a cool idea if there was any type of reactive physics in the game engine so that you could send a station or asteroid flying into something else of equal or lesser shielding and watch them go boom off each-other.
Back in X2 you could do that. It was removed because it was a blatant exploit--blow up somebody else's station without suffering the relevant rep loss!

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 14:04

pjknibbs wrote:
Twest09 wrote:It would be a cool idea if there was any type of reactive physics in the game engine so that you could send a station or asteroid flying into something else of equal or lesser shielding and watch them go boom off each-other.
Back in X2 you could do that. It was removed because it was a blatant exploit--blow up somebody else's station without suffering the relevant rep loss!
IIRC that was the exploit where you could bump a roid with a TL and smash a station with it, right ?

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 00:52

StarTroll wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
IIRC that was the exploit where you could bump a roid with a TL and smash a station with it, right ?
They should bring this back but have it keep track sothat you do get in trouble for doing it.

I personal would move asteroids just right so a AI ship could not get passed it.. useful for blocking gates, making impenetrable forts... works because asteroids can't be destroyed by non player AI but mines can.

Unless pirates start fighting with mobile drilling systems they wouldn't get to me. :P

(only use would be in sector.. no oos :( )

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”