Fighter Drone questions....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vesper_noyer
x3tc

Fighter Drone questions....

Post by vesper_noyer » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 16:54

1 Can anyone tell me why my drones keep self destructing after about 5 minutes in space.

2 Is there a wat to recall my drones into the cargo bay without having to stop them and fly up to them with my cargo bay open?

Thanx

Vesper
Why make small problems
when you create a holocaust....
Now navigate your way throught the systems
with people who maintain that same philosophy
in their piloting!

It's not that I don't know what to do with my life...
but Life does not know what to do with me!

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 17:00

Drones runs from battery instead of an onboard reactor. They run out of energy.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 17:01

1. Drones have a built in timer. They can only be in space for a limited amount of time.

2. IIRC in order to have the drones return to the cargo bay the ship in question must have a hanger bay and at least one free slot open for the drones to dock at. Otherwise you have to pick them up the old fashioned way.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 19:31

Since you say with the cargo bay open, I assume you're referring to X3R. Do the drones auto dock into free bays in X3Ror is that just X3TC?

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 21:06

Well in TC they need to be on 'protect ship' order (best issued via hotkey command to player ship shift+9? or something like that), AND for the sector to be completely clear of enemy ships (which may require a global broadcast of FF settings with everything set to friend and enemy if enemy to me set to no).

Then you need to reset all the FF settings for any other ships that may have had their setting inadvertently changed.

Bill67
x4

Post by Bill67 » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 21:15

I noticed the other day since using them for the first time they have an energy reading, and yeah the fighter drones drains fast but frieght drones seem to have slower usage.

I was wondering this myself as I usally lose most of them before I can do any collecting.

burger2

Post by burger2 » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 23:39

The fastest way to collect fighter drones is to be out of sector. Some people use TM ships to collect them. Jump TM into sector , jump your ship out, from TMs autopilot console broadcast to all drones in that sector to protect the TM. The drones disappear into the TMs cargohold as soon as they reach the TM.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”