X3R vanilla- Can U Cap Khaak M3? My eyes and head hurt from researching.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

roasted_monk
x3

X3R vanilla- Can U Cap Khaak M3? My eyes and head hurt from researching.

Post by roasted_monk » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 19:04

I've read so many darn posts I can't keep it all straight and alot of times I can't tell if they are talking about x2 x3r or tc.

So #1) Can you Cap a Khaak M3 that starts out as a cluster?

#2) Can you Cap just a lone Khaak M3? (Do you need a minimum fight rank? I've read you need a combat rank of at least Ace 3 or something like that...but again I couldn't tell from the post if it was x2 x3r or tc)

I've already capped a single lone Khaak M4. I think I was fighter chief at the time. Then I came across a few sectors later a cluster. I've been working for days to get any of them to bail and can't. So that tells me the post I read that said they thought if it came from a cluster they won't bail.

I really want an Khaak M3. I'm using a Persius Raider I capped. ( I think it's my favorite so far).

Thanks

Monk

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 20:00

Yes, you can definately cap a Khaak M3. Not sure of any particular requirements.
Dying stupidly since 2004

roasted_monk
x3

Post by roasted_monk » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 20:20

What if it starts out as a cluster? Is it cappable then??

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 20:44

I believe it is the same, however it has to split into M3+M5s first (ie you can't cap the cluster itse;f).

As for requirements, in TC you have to have a really high fight rank - I believe it is the same for Reunion.

roasted_monk
x3

Post by roasted_monk » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 20:54

Thanks. I didnt mean cap the cluster itself...just the M3 after it has split. But thanks. Looks like I'll go around assassinating everyone in sight to get the combat rank up.

Monk

berth
x4

Post by berth » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 21:40

imperium3 wrote:...As for requirements, in TC you have to have a really high fight rank - I believe it is the same for Reunion.
No, your fight rank is not a factor. It's all down to luck, or the mighty RNG anyway. In Reunion, there was a pilot morale stat which presumably still exists in TC. IIRC, you have to enable the script editor and therefore turn on the "modified" tag to see it. On the whole, Khaak have high morale and therefore won't bail out but now and then you find one with lower morale who will.

roasted_monk
x3

Post by roasted_monk » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 22:18

Is there someplace I can look up a pilot's morale while flying.. i.e. scan him or something?

** Edit ** Nevermind...just read your enabling script to view it. That's ok..I prefer to play without scripts.

Thanks!

Monk

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 22:23

In TC, the Bioscanner addon to the Freight Scanner would do the same thing, and not include the Modified tag.
-- GD

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 01:19

At lower fight ranks it is possible to cap a Kha'ak fighter but it is very rare and even rarer to get one with any weapons intact.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 05:02

In X3R you need to go to a Kha'ak owned sector for a M3. The M3s that lead clusters in normal sectors have such a high moral that it's highly unlikely one will go blue on you.

Option B: Use the Kha'ak Invader gamestart. That one will start you off in a fully armed Kha'ak M3 with 5x M5 scouts for support. It's also the most fun start in vanilla X3R.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 05:04

I thought you couldn't cap Kha'ak in vanilla...

It even says in the manual that they will fight to the death.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 08:58

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:I thought you couldn't cap Kha'ak in vanilla...

It even says in the manual that they will fight to the death.
If it says that, then it lies. Kha'ak are most definitely capturable, and have been since their first appearance in X2.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 19:35

pjknibbs wrote: If it says that, then it lies. Kha'ak are most definitely capturable, and have been since their first appearance in X2.
Not quite...they began to be cappable since the 1.4 patch...i may be wrong tough...it's been some years since i played x2 :wink:

geoffrey
x3

Post by geoffrey » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 19:46

If you've got a m4, you can get the m3. Solo one's are easier.
3 blondes found a magic lamp.
The Genie said:"I will grant each of you 1 wish "
1 said, "I wish I were smarter." She became a redhead.
2nd said, "I wish I were smarter than her." She became a brunette.
3rd blonde said, "I wish I were smarter than both of them." So she became a man.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”