Help making a better repair laser

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Help making a better repair laser

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 21:46

I am trying to make the repair laser from your space suit repair quicker. Right now, anything above an M4 with a hull integrity of 1% takes quite a while (up to a few real world hours!) to get to 100%.

I have edited the TBullets.pck file which looks to be where the actual damage of every weapon type is called. It's default hull damage was 20, so I increased it to 1,000,000 (for test purposes). I then packaged the file into a cat in the right directory (types) and then installed the mod as a fake patch.

However, it doesn't seem to be loading. The repairs still occur at the same rate as the unmodified game. I am not sure if something is just preventing the fake patch from loading, or if there is some other files I need to edit to adjust the power of the repair laser.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 21:51

Check your X3TC folder, if there's a "types" folder with a tbullets.txt/pck it will be loaded last (and so your changes are without an effect).

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 21:52

Nothing there but TWareT.pck

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 22:01

Hi,

if you use X3 Editor 2 then you can open the last TBullets via the VFS.
There you can see your changes. If not something is wrong with your fakepatch.
Maybe the value you choose is to high. Try a lower one.

I have increased the Hull damage to 50 thats enough for my Repair M6.
It has 8 RepLaser and will rep a M7 very fast.

CU Thalon

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 22:06

Hold on. I think I found the problem.

Apparently, the plugin manager creates both a cat 16 and 17 file while running but those files are not there when the application is closed. I'll try renaming my fake patch to 18 and see if it works. This would also explain why the last 2 mods I downloaded and installed via fake patch did not work also.

Will post back once that is done.

Edit: Yep, that was the problem. Renamed my 16.cat/dats to 18 loaded my game, shot my ship then repaired it and it definitely was faster (INSTANT REPAIR LASER XD).

Now I am just confused as to how the hell the plugin manager is able to essentially overwrite files while not actually overwriting them :O

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 23:53

It does that, heck if you did a manual install of a packed SPK and dropped the files into the right folders AND then had it installed via the plugin manager it causes some weird issues. I had it happen to me with the Salvage script done by TECSG and I got read errors for the files, I removed the excess files in the script folder which somehow got in there via a manual install and it solved the errors

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”