[TC] Pirate and Yaki Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lx7
x3tc

[TC] Pirate and Yaki Rep

Post by Lx7 » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 03:25

First, I have no clue how to view my pirate or yaki rep.

I have heard doing missions with one will increase its rep. Because the pirates and yaki are not a real race there is no way I know of to accept a pirate mission wile knowing its a pirate mission.

I know now that the missions offered in pirate sectors are not all pirate missions because protecting against pirates seems kinda.. backwards. How do you increase rep with pirates? How do you even find and id their missions?

And as for the yaki, I've got no clue how to find their missions. Even know yaki are the only people in yaki sectors sothat only yaki missions would be offered I still can't find any missions in their sectors due to my low rank with them in witch I can't find out what it is I might add. Please help.. This is just stupid.

Thanks for your help.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 03:38

Viewing pirate Yaki rep is done with a mod, I think...
I play vanilla so not sure how to do this....

Generally Yaki are easy to spot as they are all KISS fanatics...
Other than that missions in pirate sectors or to pirate sectors may give pirate rep, you just have to do them & see what happens...
I find the quickest way to boost Yaki rep is to do the terrorist missions for them....
Allthough I prefer to farm the Akuma's from Senators Badlands for IBL's, it takes soooo looong for them to be made it is easier to spawn them (as wild), usually I can board 4 Akuma's b4 I run out of ammo in my Cobra....

As a vanilla player who hunts pirates that is the best I can do to help...
I hope it helps Lx7....

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 03:39

people who are pirates, take a mission from one of them and you get increased pirate rep.

the third one for the argon is a yaki most of the time.

laydown a sat network and look for a yaki fighter milling about in a sector, it usually has a combat mission for you.

or just wait around in the first yaki sector and kill paranid / pirates that try to fly through.

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 04:47

You can't see your rep as a number but you can sure see the effect. When you start seeing non-hostile pirates, you know your rep is increasing. Ditto for the Yaki - though I'm pretty sure they start non-hostile.

Pirates are a pretty forgiving folk, as near as I can tell. Just keep checking pirate bases for the people in the images (most look like pirates) with missions. Non-violent ones work well as you're sure not to be pitted against other pirates.

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 04:58

DiveBomberDave wrote:Generally Yaki are easy to spot as they are all KISS fanatics...
???? even if "KISS" has some meaning that points to where they are, it still probably will not tell me anything about where I can get missions from them if I can't get any in any of their sectors....
DiveBomberDave wrote:Other than that missions in pirate sectors or to pirate sectors may give pirate rep, you just have to do them & see what happens...
So.. complete and utter speculation...

I don't mean to be rude but you kinda were vague and off main points to the point that.. you didn't answer anything I said.. besides viewing rep. And again though I am being rude I do not mean to.
Catra wrote:people who are pirates, take a mission from one of them and you get increased pirate rep.
the third one for the argon is a yaki most of the time.
I knew of some pirate looks but this will help ^inf, thank you.
Catra wrote:laydown a sat network and look for a yaki fighter milling about in a sector, it usually has a combat mission for you.
I thought about that but wouldn't the yaki strike it down?
Catra wrote:or just wait around in the first yaki sector and kill paranid / pirates that try to fly through.
Do you mean pirates that are paranid or kill both? and wouldn't that affect the their rep even know they are not in their race sectors?
Zloth wrote:....When you start seeing non-hostile pirates, you know your rep is increasing. Ditto for the Yaki - though I'm pretty sure they start non-hostile.
Well I figured as much to be well known, and the yaki do start hostile when you start terran.
Zloth wrote:Pirates are a pretty forgiving folk, as near as I can tell. Just keep checking pirate bases for the people in the images (most look like pirates) with missions. Non-violent ones work well as you're sure not to be pitted against other pirates.
Well that is good.. Are the yaki forgiving aswell?

crendesmus
x3tc

Post by crendesmus » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 06:09

KISS is a really old heavy metal band. They are fairly famous for wearing costumes with alot of spikes on it at their concerts. Well that and haveing a drummer with a tounge about a foot long.

There are several mods out that let you see pirate/yaki rep. If you dont want to mod there is a way to just turn on script editor and you can see the rep numbers that way.

He was talking about a Yaki fighter milling about in a nonYaki sector. I dont think that would work because as I understand it missions are only generated when you are in the sector.

Any non Yaki you kill in Yaki sectors increases your Yaki rep. Be it khaak, paranid,pirate, or any other race ship you can find, trick, or otherwise get into their space.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 06:40

Having pirates buy space weed from you should give you a slight boost in rep as will selling it to pirate stations. It's not a large boost as I understand it, but it accumulates over time. It's also worth noting that no matter how high your rep gets(atleast in vanilla) at least some pirates will be hostile. Maybe they won't go out of their way to attack your assets, but if you get in their way, they'll take a shot.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 07:51

Zloth wrote:You can't see your rep as a number
You can if you enable the script editor. That'll mark your game as MODIFIED, but if you save the game, enable the editor, look at the number, and then reload the save it'll clear that.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 08:11

One of the best missions for gaining rep is the build missions.
Most build missions in Yaki space are for Yaki,but not always.
Not always true of pirates in pirate space though.
Mostly true in the grand Dukes's sector , below Heaven's Assertion. :)

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 08:17

If I have everything set to be friendly with everything but have the show as enemy if enemy to me setting and if I have guys defending a sector will i lose rep when these neutral but hostel pirates wonder in and get crushed? (speaking of when I have high pirate rank)

Thanks, I have done a few pirate missions by finding missions and checking for pirate pictures and I saw some small results in maelstrom. But this still does not change the fact that I still don't have a yaki rep strategy.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 08:20

You can tell if you are on good/decent/neutral terms with the Yaki when you can dock successfully at one of their stations in Weaver's Tempest, as it is considered a core sector.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Shock223
x3tc

Post by Shock223 » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 08:23

Da-V-Man wrote:You can tell if you are on good/decent/neutral terms with the Yaki when you can dock successfully at one of their stations in Weaver's Tempest, as it is considered a core sector.
if they even allow you into the sector at all..

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 08:26

If you can't dock,then more missions..

or get a pirate to hack it for you.

Once dockable,you will be able to start collecting missions.

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 01:28

The random Yaki in Commonwealth sectors are the key I use to get the Yaki happy with me. Sometimes you have to talk fast - they tend to get themselves blown up pretty quickly.

Shooting at pirates vs. rep has me confused, too, actually. I'm not sure if shooting some pirates is allowed but other pirates are not, or maybe pirates forget about you blasting their stuff quickly, or what. Shooting Yaki, on the other hand, definitely makes them mad.

pjknibbs, yeah, I really need to check out that whole script editor. My game is already massively modified.

Derkylos
x3tc

Post by Derkylos » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 06:11

Zloth wrote:The random Yaki in Commonwealth sectors are the key I use to get the Yaki happy with me. Sometimes you have to talk fast - they tend to get themselves blown up pretty quickly.
Lack of a pilotable ship doesn't always stop them from offering that mission...

NB: the best/easiest way to substantially increase pirate rep is to find a build mission or four, as each newly built station will be owned by pirates, and produce more missions, as well as providing a potential economy for your automated traders to exploit, giving you a constant source of rep over and above that which you can manually obtain.
Sum, ergo cogito.

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 09:09

Derkylos wrote:NB: the best/easiest way to substantially increase pirate rep is to find a build mission or four, as each newly built station will be owned by pirates, and produce more missions, as well as providing a potential economy for your automated traders to exploit, giving you a constant source of rep over and above that which you can manually obtain.
I know how to identify pirate missions and have found some and they tend to be delivery or assassination missions but I have not yet seen a build mission witch leads me to believe that is because they are rare and if I wanted to do a pirate build mission I might find one easier if I could scout pirate missions way more efficiently. I have only seen a handful of pirate mission, what is a good method of scouting pirate missions?

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 09:18

Lx7 wrote:
Derkylos wrote:NB: the best/easiest way to substantially increase pirate rep is to find a build mission or four, as each newly built station will be owned by pirates, and produce more missions, as well as providing a potential economy for your automated traders to exploit, giving you a constant source of rep over and above that which you can manually obtain.
I know how to identify pirate missions and have found some and they tend to be delivery or assassination missions but I have not yet seen a build mission witch leads me to believe that is because they are rare and if I wanted to do a pirate build mission I might find one easier if I could scout pirate missions way more efficiently. I have only seen a handful of pirate mission, what is a good method of scouting pirate missions?
1) only go to pirate bases for pirate missions
or
2)look for the icon for the type of mission you want on the outside of the station.
contact the person if you see a match.
if they aint a pirate, or you dont see the type of mission you want to do, move on.

also, go take a look over in spaceweed grove / acquisition repository.
ive had ALOT of piratey folk pop up in the stations there.

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 10:48

@catra
Ok, I'll try that. But what about my automated defenders? Does automated destruction of a pirate wile OOS still discourage rep? Or do the anomalous good rep hostel pirates not appear OOS?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 13:45

I'd just like to point out that the Yaki behave far more like a normal race than pirates do. Once you get above a certain rank (pretty low), all Yaki assets will be blue to you and they will offer missions to you normally. They key to getting into the mission goodness is usually picking up a combat mission from a random Yaki fighter flying around. As already pointed out. Once you get into the "friendly" zone, its very easy to stay there.
The pirates, even when at max rank will still spawn red ships. They probably wont attack your assets but will still appear hostile to you. As a result, unless you are very careful with your defense forces, you can quite often end up in a situation where you have to regularly do missions for them to maintain your rep.

Lx7
x3tc

Post by Lx7 » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 15:19

Infekted wrote:I'd just like to point out that the Yaki behave far more like a normal race than pirates do. Once you get above a certain rank (pretty low), all Yaki assets will be blue to you and they will offer missions to you normally. They key to getting into the mission goodness is usually picking up a combat mission from a random Yaki fighter flying around. As already pointed out. Once you get into the "friendly" zone, its very easy to stay there.
The pirates, even when at max rank will still spawn red ships. They probably wont attack your assets but will still appear hostile to you. As a result, unless you are very careful with your defense forces, you can quite often end up in a situation where you have to regularly do missions for them to maintain your rep.
Da...ng.. Guess the pirates are just going to be extremely suppressed.. actually is their a way to completely censer pirates from the universe by vary heavily blocking specific choke points?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”