Avarice in TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rpetiger
x3tc

Avarice in TC

Post by rpetiger » Thu, 7. Oct 10, 01:37

I wonder what happened to it. That area seems, too quiet. The 15 roids in system however make it more viable then it was in X3R

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Thu, 7. Oct 10, 07:40

It's quiet until you build a Spaceweed/Booze complex and a 1MJ/5MJ shield complex. If you want it to be even crazier then connect it to the HUB and then the HUB to Argon Prime/Home of Light gate, and Inanamus Zura, and then the New Home sector with your PHQ there. Have fun with the traffic jams. Especially if you add all the goods possible to the HUB and then buy a little bit higher than normal.

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Thu, 7. Oct 10, 08:50

Well, I got started, but I need a bit of advice.

As my first complex, I am working to make a self contained unit so, I have strung together the following...

Ore mine M [50]
Silicon mine M [55]
SPP XL
Crystal fab M
Cahoona bakery M
Cattle ranch L

Output: ore

Intermediate: E-cells, Argnu, Meatsteak, Crystals, Silicon wafers

Resources: none

I am still having trouble getting it all running smoothly, even after injecting 1m creds and 11000 E cels. Crystals seems to be the problem. How much would I need to make enough crystals to self power this?

I seem to be losing money on this endevour, so far. I put up enough crsds where the station has plenty of power, but even modifing the prices, slightly lower for things I want to sell, slightly higher for what I want to buy, Not much luck. Seems ore is not in high demand here... unless...
:twisted:

I don't feel like pissing off my neighbors however by blowing up the other ore mines nearby

cswiger
x3tc

Post by cswiger » Thu, 7. Oct 10, 16:51

An SPP XL consumes about 2xCrystal Fab Ls, or 10xCrystal Fab M worth of ecells, so yes, your complex is running way short on crystals. To come close to balancing it, add:

2 x Crystal Fab L
2 x Cahoona L
1 x Argnu Cattle L
1 x Argnu Cattle M

See the complexes' Command Console -> Orders, pick a slot, 5 Administration (Commercial Agent) -> Complex Settings ...and it will show ware production/consumption.
Do you remember Shalebridge Cradle?
Beware! The Cradle *doesn't* forget....

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 10:18

Alternatively, when thinking of making a complex, use one of the complex calculators - either Xadrian (the one I use) or the online complex calculator. Check the stickies in the main forum for download links...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 13:19

I made a compex of all argon stations.
1 solar xl
4 cattle L
4 bakery L
2 Silicon Mine L
3 Crystals L

Trained 2 Minstrals as CAGs, Parked my hub between Montalarr and avrice to get silicon

Later I added
8 Chips L (yes I know not enogh silicon, thats why the traders help getting the extra silicon)

the first complex works great, I wil turn off a few chip plants later or add a few more Silicon mine in avrice to it.

I also grouped the ores the same way and put shields and weapon station in it. Great for M2 Cannons and trader Repeater guns. Have an equipment dock minstral collect wares from it.

I always set my ware stations NO TRADE with other races. have the price 2 credits less.

Have my Hub and Docks allowed to trade, but credits 1 less then average.

This way you get to collect your wares without other races taking it from under your nose, but your docks will let it trickle out as you still collect from your ware stations.

I made my Avrice like a ship yard / refiiting sector. I have all unused ships parked there until I get my HQ again. (restarted game, got 50k chips to finish)
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”