[TC] JUMP DRIVE Prior To Earth Access

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vincentf563

JUMP DRIVE Prior To Earth Access

Post by vincentf563 » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 08:25

I found this trick a while ago. I took my Argon Enhanced Explorer i got from the Terran Plot and bought him explorer software. The sectors west of the Teladi were closed for trading but I maxed my rep with the argon and explored all the sectors west with my m4 and found Legend's Home. With the higher reps i could buy a jump drive from them before i got Earth Access. Don't try this with Terran ships you get because they can't install jump drives. Once i got him going I used him to ferry a jump drive to a carrier ship. I bought a mammoth in Legend's and then bought my mammoth some Nova's for the purposes of ferrying jump drives from Legend's to my ship and the others. I didn't realise at the time how sorely needed this config was going to be. But i used this mammoth in the Hub Plot, i used it to get my Springblossoms out of the Space locked Aldrin sector. I had no idea how important that was all going to be.
Vincent Farnham

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 09:00

er,
what trick? theres nothing stopping you from buying a JD from non terran sources if you start as a terran.

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 10:31

You can also buy jump drives from Terracorp in Home of Light and from Atreus HQ in Queen's Retribution (I think... the boron sector in the far south-east corner of the map). I'm not sure about any other places. I'm surprised you got as far as you did without a jumpdrive. How were your universe traders making any money?!

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 10:45

bonalste wrote:You can also buy jump drives from Terracorp in Home of Light and from Atreus HQ in Queen's Retribution (I think... the boron sector in the far south-east corner of the map). I'm not sure about any other places. I'm surprised you got as far as you did without a jumpdrive. How were your universe traders making any money?!
STs and UTs buy their own jumpdrives from thin air.

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 11:05

Ah of course they do. Forgot about that. I always buy them for them so they don't pay the 10% service charge!

Poobah
x3tc

Re: JUMP DRIVE Prior To Earth Access

Post by Poobah » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 11:49

vincentf563 wrote:I found this trick a while ago. I took my Argon Enhanced Explorer i got from the Terran Plot and bought him explorer software. The sectors west of the Teladi were closed for trading but I maxed my rep with the argon and explored all the sectors west with my m4 and found Legend's Home. With the higher reps i could buy a jump drive from them before i got Earth Access. Don't try this with Terran ships you get because they can't install jump drives. Once i got him going I used him to ferry a jump drive to a carrier ship. I bought a mammoth in Legend's and then bought my mammoth some Nova's for the purposes of ferrying jump drives from Legend's to my ship and the others. I didn't realise at the time how sorely needed this config was going to be. But i used this mammoth in the Hub Plot, i used it to get my Springblossoms out of the Space locked Aldrin sector. I had no idea how important that was all going to be.
Terran ships can equip Jump Drives. Not sure about the Rapier because I can't recall if it takes M cargo, but their ships in general totally can.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 11:50

Poobah wrote:Terran ships can equip Jump Drives. Not sure about the Rapier because I can't recall if it takes M cargo, but their ships in general totally can.
Rapier cant due to being S sized cargo only. Probly why the OP was confused...

msuker
x3tc

Post by msuker » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 12:26

But don't you start in a Sabre in the Terran start, rather than a Rapier?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 12:36

Yep, but you get given a rapier quite early on... So maybe he changed into that, tried to get a JD and couldn't ^^
This is pure guess work on my part tho really...

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 20:05

Off topic - I like how the Rapier can fit a CLS (which is S) but can't do any taxi missions because people are M class cargo. LOLZ /facepalm

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 20:18

All M5's can fit a Cargo Lifesupport System, which is useful for gathering them for your other ships. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Biroboy
x3tc

Post by Biroboy » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 01:57

Infekted wrote:Yep, but you get given a rapier quite early on... So maybe he changed into that, tried to get a JD and couldn't ^^
This is pure guess work on my part tho really...
Seems likely. In my experience the best way to smoothly start from a Terran beginning is to ditch the poorly-equipped and upgraded M4, and use the proceeds to start flying a fully armed and upgraded M5.

morganJohnson
x3tc

Post by morganJohnson » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 03:15

As a small point of clarification, I had a lvl 15 UT that did not purchase a jumpdrive until after I wandered into Legend's Home.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 20:05

Interesting!

Hey - is the JD an M class ware? Meaning the Rapier can't use one? I'm sorry to ask but x3tc.ru is down right now...

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 20:21

:++
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 21:40

Infekted wrote:
Poobah wrote:Terran ships can equip Jump Drives. Not sure about the Rapier because I can't recall if it takes M cargo, but their ships in general totally can.
Rapier cant due to being S sized cargo only. Probly why the OP was confused...
Why don't I try reading the forum before asking a stupid question? :headbang: Nevermind...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”